Arbitration

Whether you think arbitration is a good or bad thing...it isn’t going to happen...the TWU would never put this in the hands of a third party...do you remember what happened to the flight attendants?...I know the financials were different then...still not going to happen...
So you are saying that the Association will finally allow a vote? Remember, there is no other option other than to continue the currently chartered course into a PEB with either an imposed contract or binding arbitration. In this case, an arbitrator can only rule for the company offer or union offer.

The IAM has already said that waiting will do NOTHING. The #1 RLA expert, Ira Gottleib said it best to the much smaller United Airlines in 2013 IAM members when he told them,
"Thus, rejection of this TA is not likely to generate greater pressure on the Company to further improve its terms, since there is realistically no prospect of a strike."

Ira Gottleib, Expert Railway Labor Attorney contracted for the IAM

It will never go to arbitration.

The IAM has NEVER taken the proffer of arbitration in the airlines.

And I think I can say the same for the TWU.

Why are you he’ll bent on something that won’t happen?

The Association could have agreed to binding arbitration like the pilots and FAs for their open issues and they didn’t.

IAM/TWU association had an arbitrator decide crew chief seniority

TWU went with arbitrator to determine twa seniority integration

You did sound very knowledgeable though.

Why has it worked for over 13 years for the agents and res?

Very similar jobs with similar pay. The association has many work groups and the contract disparity is very extreme. LUS has arguably the best contract and LAA definitely has the worst.

Do you work at AA? You seem not to know to much.

IAM/TWU association had an arbitrator decide crew chief seniority

TWU went with arbitrator to determine twa seniority integration

You did sound very knowledgeable though.
The IAM nor the TWU have ever accepted the proffer of arbitration in the airlines for Section 6 negotiations

You are talking about something totally different

[QUOTE="bigjets, post: 1315624, member: 17966"

Do you work at AA? You seem not to know to much.[/QUOTE]
:)

The IAM nor the TWU have ever accepted the proffer of arbitration in the airlines for Section 6 negotiations

You are talking about something totally different
When was the last time that the IAM accepted a proffer of arbitration in the Railways, other than last year?

You and me both know that Ira Gottleib was correct. The waiting game will clearly and 100% result in the IAM accepting arbitration, or imposed contract, or binding arbitration, or the PEB could also put things on ice and extend the ice. Your suggestion in another post that our hope lies in "Self Help" showed that you have little to no knowledge of the process, or are being intellectually dishonest.
Sorry

Latest posts