Arbitration

No tariffs are great if it equalised the equation, but you as an outside a bargaining unit, should know that it doesn't. When Obama was president he did tariffs on Chinese tires. You know what happened ?All the tire manufacturers did was raise their prices on all tires regardless to where they manufactured the tires in the world. This did nothing but enrich the tire manufacturers, and made tires more expensive for the people who have a business to sell tires. This inturn pissed consumers off that had to buy tires. Your IPhone will just cost more regardless where it is made, because the manufacturer will just pass it along to the consumer. Or they will offshore it to Vietnam avoiding the so called tariffs,and still raise prices.

Vietnam had recently become the destination for Labor savings for company's due to the increase in labor costs in China. Samsung etc..

Tell that to the AMFA cool aid drinkers, we have company right were we want them. Is this before the Orange hair clown in the white house slows the economy down, with $200 billion in tariffs on Chinese goods? But take heart American Airlines mechanics AMFA president Brett O, on the AMFA web site must have the Association on speed dial he stated on the AMFA web site we needed to vote No, because Parker and company were offering you guys $55 an hour when our mechanics would only be starting at $51 if we voted in this deal.Go ask AMFA where your money is?

Why are you whining about the possibility of your compensation increasing? The Mechanics at SWA no matter who the representative has set the standard for the rest of the Airline Mechanics to try to achieve.
I would be interested in knowing where you received the $55 an hour considering this the only place it is being discussed? Never forget one advantage you have over Industrial Unions, you do not have to feel the pull at your wages and benefits.

Why are you whining about the possibility of your compensation increasing? The Mechanics at SWA no matter who the representative has set the standard for the rest of the Airline Mechanics to try to achieve.
I would be interested in knowing where you received the $55 an hour considering this the only place it is being discussed? Never forget one advantage you have over Industrial Unions, you do not have to feel the pull at your wages and benefits.
Buck go to AMFA national and read Brett National dirrector update he mentions your American AMT $55 an hour in his one update. The problem is the economy is not going to be good forever and things change. Some times it is best to get a guarantee and move on!

Reactions: Buck
The Mechanics at SWA no matter who the representative has set the standard for the rest of the Airline Mechanics to try to achieve.

Never forget one advantage you have over Industrial Unions, you do not have to feel the pull at your wages and benefits.

What are you kidding here?

You’re currently earning $4.00 per hour more than them and have thousands and thousands more people working in your Class and Related.

They fought for 6 years and achieved what in regards to Scope?

The people you’re trying to get sign cards aren’t as stupid as you think Buck. They can read.

Being semi new here, I wondering why is it every thread becomes an swa thread eventually? I was just curious how this happens? Not that I care, it's just interesting and curious..

I was pretty sure this thread was about AA negotiations and the possibility and outcomes if binding arbitration came about...

Reactions: we're screwed
Being semi new here, I wondering why is it every thread becomes an swa thread eventually? I was just curious how this happens? Not that I care, it's just interesting and curious..

I was pretty sure this thread was about AA negotiations and the possibility and outcomes if binding arbitration came about...
1986, I can tell you Swaamt lives here and writes long rambling crap about what going to happen at a company he doesn't work for. He hates industrial unions, and I was a former Teamster, and I hate AMFA for their lies, and complete lack of results, probably same reason you hate the Association.He comes on here and paints a rosey picture of our Union, I tell what is really going on. So you guys never fall into AMFA trap. I hope you guys can keep most of what you want. We kept scope, so for that I didn't need to be the highest paid.

Because Airline Forums is not a controlled social medium and there are no doors to restrict or respect other people’s houses.

On top of that you have your own fellow coworkers here who’s only concern is their agenda that the Representation you have is far from adequate and they only want to “SELL” other unproven alternatives.

Buck go to AMFA national and read Brett National dirrector update he mentions your American AMT $55 an hour in his one update. The problem is the economy is not going to be good forever and things change. Some times it is best to get a guarantee and move on!
There are no guarantees especially if TWU/iam represents you after we got our nwa AMFA raise in 01 the TWU negotiations wiped it all out plus our double time and a half on 10 holidays down to 5 at time and a half vacation weeks cut etc etc they negotiated it away in about 3 weeks then to loose more In the 2012 bk contract afw was closed airplanes over hauled in China. At least AMFA fights for you and communicates with you the TWU can’t even tell us what is going on they didn’t even ask for snap back. I have a opinion that most swa mechanics are happy with AMFA are there would be a card drive your just a butt hurt teamsters supporter. If your that unhappy with AMFA start a card drive. I would be happy in your shoes if us amts at AA had AMFA Negotiating For us right now. This association is a joke. And there Negotiators are a joke. It was set up to fail the members at twu/iam has both vp are designated have to sign to get us a vote. If my fellow amts at AA do not wake up and sign cards we are going to be like the us aw merger where the pilots were east and west never had a JCBA until the aa merger and I’m not ok with that.

Reactions: swamt
Because Airline Forums is not a controlled social medium and there are no doors to restrict or respect other people’s houses.

On top of that you have your own fellow coworkers here who’s only concern is their agenda that the Representation you have is far from adequate and they only want to “SELL” other unproven alternatives.
It is far from adequate for amts anyway and since I have been here since 85 the only thing the TWU has proven is give back to the company. B scale C scale srm giveing away retirement medical having the pension frozen yea they have a proven track record all right. Proven to screw the members for dues.

It is far from adequate for amts anyway and since I have been here since 85 the only thing the TWU has proven is give back to the company. B scale C scale srm giveing away retirement medical having the pension frozen yea they have a proven track record all right. Proven to screw the members for dues.

Coney do you want the list of Unions (And non Union) who gave back since Deregulation. And I’m sure my list is far from complete.

APA, ALPA, AFA, APFA, AMFA, CWA, Non Union Delta, IAM, IBT, PATCO, And TWU. (Anyone want to add some I missed?

Coney did you know that AA filing Bankruptcy was the 100th Airline to file since the 1978 Airline Deregulation Act.

Coney do you know how many Airlines went out of Business since Deregulation?

Coney can you tell me why so many people SCABBED AMFA at NWA?
http://exnwa.com/scabs.htm

Coney can you tell me why AMFA at SWA is not releasing the vote tally count?

1986, I can tell you Swaamt lives here and writes long rambling crap about what going to happen at a company he doesn't work for. He hates industrial unions, and I was a former Teamster, and I hate AMFA for their lies, and complete lack of results, probably same reason you hate the Association.He comes on here and paints a rosey picture of our Union, I tell what is really going on. So you guys never fall into AMFA trap. I hope you guys can keep most of what you want. We kept scope, so for that I didn't need to be the highest paid.

and B737 lives in his basement just to go through his trash. they are both welcome here and have been asked to keep the personal BS to themselves. There's about 90% of the problem of your "SPAT".
The performance of the Teamsters at American Airlines ( American forum, Buck = American employee ) was childlike at best. Forging signatures for Union Drive Cards produced a complete lack of results.
The reason for the "hate" of the Association is their lack of democracy, something a Teamster seems to be familiar with.

Reactions: B737 driver
There are no guarantees especially if TWU/iam represents you after we got our nwa AMFA raise in 01 the TWU negotiations wiped it all out plus our double time and a half on 10 holidays down to 5 at time and a half vacation weeks cut etc etc they negotiated it away in about 3 weeks then to loose more In the 2012 bk contract afw was closed airplanes over hauled in China. At least AMFA fights for you and communicates with you the TWU can’t even tell us what is going on they didn’t even ask for snap back. I have a opinion that most swa mechanics are happy with AMFA are there would be a card drive your just a butt hurt teamsters supporter. If your that unhappy with AMFA start a card drive. I would be happy in your shoes if us amts at AA had AMFA Negotiating For us right now. This association is a joke. And there Negotiators are a joke. It was set up to fail the members at twu/iam has both vp are designated have to sign to get us a vote. If my fellow amts at AA do not wake up and sign cards we are going to be like the us aw merger where the pilots were east and west never had a JCBA until the aa merger and I’m not ok with that.

Teamsters would have protected ya Bro!

Coney do you want the list of Unions (And non Union) who gave back since Deregulation. And I’m sure my list is far from complete.

APA, ALPA, AFA, APFA, AMFA, CWA, Non Union Delta, IAM, IBT, PATCO, And TWU. (Anyone want to add some I missed?

Coney did you know that AA filing Bankruptcy was the 100th Airline to file since the 1978 Airline Deregulation Act.

Coney do you know how many Airlines went out of Business since Deregulation?

Coney can you tell me why so many people SCABBED AMFA at NWA?
http://exnwa.com/scabs.htm

Coney can you tell me why AMFA at SWA is not releasing the vote tally count?
Because it's a big Secret!

Don't stop now, the persistent pressure to share ( boy Buck that's a nice way to put it ) our desire to compensation of our peers in the industry.

Latest posts