Are NW mechanics happy with AMFA

This topic is about A&P/AMT and AMFA relations. The original post was asking a legitimate question from another carrier. Stop the baiting post, and there is already a topic for NWA fantasies.

Thank you.

This topic is about A&P/AMT and AMFA relations. The original post was asking a legitimate question from another carrier. Stop the baiting post, and there is already a topic for NWA fantasies.

Thank you.

Earlier today I enjoyed a nice lunch with two of the strikers from NWA. Since I'm back in Mpls for a while this was a chance to hear some frontline information.

Q: Is the strike over?

A: NO! The mechanics who are still picketing are willing to continue indefinitely.

Q: Why hasn't AMFA settled with NWA yet?

A: NWA hasn't been forced to settle because there are too many SCABS and NW has parked so many aircraft.

Q: Is NW loosing SCABS to other strike situations?

A: YES! How many have left and are continuing to leave remains to be determined.

Q: Will NW survive under current conditons?

A: The strikers say "no". Their belief is that the current state of NW isn't very good.

Q: If NW and AMFA don't settle what would the strikers like to see?

A: A liquidation. The strikers would laugh about the SCABS losing their jobs.

Q: What is the striker's opinion of AMFA?

A: The answer is mixed. Nearly all of the strikers blame NW for creating this situation but some also blame AMFA.

This isn't a complete Q&A but it's always good to hear from those on the picket line. One thing everyone can be sure of is that this situation will stay ugly for many years. I've had to go out of my way to avoid flying on NW but I'm glad that I've done so.

Earlier today I enjoyed a nice lunch with two of the strikers from NWA. Since I'm back in Mpls for a while this was a chance to hear some frontline information.

Q: Is the strike over?

A: NO! The mechanics who are still picketing are willing to continue indefinitely.

Q: Why hasn't AMFA settled with NWA yet?

A: NWA hasn't been forced to settle because there are too many SCABS and NW has parked so many aircraft.

Q: Is NW loosing SCABS to other strike situations?

A: YES! How many have left and are continuing to leave remains to be determined.

Q: Will NW survive under current conditons?

A: The strikers say "no". Their belief is that the current state of NW isn't very good.

Q: If NW and AMFA don't settle what would the strikers like to see?

A: A liquidation. The strikers would laugh about the SCABS losing their jobs.

Q: What is the striker's opinion of AMFA?

A: The answer is mixed. Nearly all of the strikers blame NW for creating this situation but some also blame AMFA.

This isn't a complete Q&A but it's always good to hear from those on the picket line. One thing everyone can be sure of is that this situation will stay ugly for many years. I've had to go out of my way to avoid flying on NW but I'm glad that I've done so.

Nec, the proud AMTs here in SAN will never return to NWA. They are all proud that they walked with their heads held high AND integrity intact. Evertthing they said about what would happen to the remaining unions is taking place. Liquidation seems to be the only route that nwa can take. nwa is no longer an airline.

Nec, the proud AMTs here in SAN will never return to NWA. They are all proud that they walked with their heads held high AND integrity intact. Evertthing they said about what would happen to the remaining unions is taking place. Liquidation seems to be the only route that nwa can take. nwa is no longer an airline.
Correct me if Im wrong, but would NWA even want the SAN A and P's back? I'm pretty sure if any SAN A&P's wanted back, they would have to move to detroit....I just cant see giving up La Joila and Balboa for Romulas And Warren

Correct me if Im wrong, but would NWA even want the SAN A and P's back? I'm pretty sure if any SAN A&P's wanted back, they would have to move to detroit....I just cant see giving up La Joila and Balboa for Romulas And Warren
It's Romulus. Its where Gary Wilson likes to hang out from time to time.

Very correct Ken, my friends that worked for the former NWA will not return, they have moved on.

Did they want to? No. Dougie Stealin and friends forced them to. It was a rough ride before the strike, the worst employee relations of any major airline. Thats a fact.

Now, the scab airline in not worth working for, except of course if your a scab and you don't know any better. Why a person with any skill set at all would want a "career" at a bankrupt armpit like Scab Air is beyond comprehension.

I surmise after you've been stuck in a MRO cess pool, the Scab Air toilet looks pretty damn good. Poor bastards. :unsure:

Ken,

I don't doubt that you are correct. Neither NW or the strikers seem too interested in conforming to the other party's demands.

The egregious actions by NW that created this mess have continually become apparent. Any corporate executive is aware that if you cost an employee group more than half of their jobs they will fight. Yet NW executives continued foward with unreasonable demands to create a "lockout".

Though I already suspected asmuch, I wanted to take a few of the strikers out to lunch while I'm back in town. I feel bad for these guys and I wanted to hear "it" from them.

Our company hired one of the striking cleaners who has turned out to be a blue chip employee. He aleady had experience with operating and maintaining some of our equipment and has very good work ethic. I also referred a striking mechanic to one of our manufacturers, they hired him and he's off to a new start.

I spend time in three cities but my residence is in Mpls. As you might expect I flew beau ceau miles on NW. THAT'S OVER! Now I tend to linkup on ORD or SEA. I don't need to deal with NW in it's current state.

I respect the strikers and what they stand for. I only hope that you guys have good luck starting over. I certainly don't blame you for not wanting to return to NW.

All right, curiosity is killing me..WHO IS GARY WILSON????? :lol:
Jeez, your a scab and you don't know who this moron is? Can't you scabs do at least some of your own research?

You have a Google search engine, use it! :blink:

Jeez, your a scab and you don't know who this moron is? Can't you scabs do at least some of your own research?

You have a Google search engine, use it! :blink:
A quick search came up with some kid who made the cover of time during the Viet Nam war, a poet/songwriter, and some guy from disney......didnt have time to folow up more. I'll get back with ya later.

A quick search came up with some kid who made the cover of time during the Viet Nam war, a poet/songwriter, and some guy from disney......didnt have time to folow up more. I'll get back with ya later.

Well, we are talking about Gary Wilson in NWA section of the forum. Maybe try "gary wilson northwest"

You'll get this: http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/peopl/board/board.shtml

And if you try "gary wilson marijuana", You'll come to a page with this:

APn 08/06 2253 BRF--Northwest-Marijuana

Copyright, 1994. The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

EAGAN, Minn. (AP) -- The co-chairman of Northwest Airlines was caught with a
bag of marijuana and a pipe in his briefcase as he tried to board one of the
company's commercial flights in Boise, Idaho.
Gary Wilson, 54, removed himself from his duties with the airline after he
was cited Tuesday for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug
paraphernalia.
Wilson, who had been on vacation, was allowed to board the flight to Detroit
after security discovered the marijuana during a routine screening of carry-on
bags.
His lawyer, Thomas McCabe, said Wilson was carrying "considerably less than
one ounce" of marijuana.
"Mr. Wilson sincerely regrets any embarrassment this incident may cause his
friends and colleagues," McCabe said.
Wilson faces up to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.

A little hint.....has something to do with NWA and their BOD. :D Hope you had more pride and knew a little history if you were really in the Marines. Used to be a thing called company loyality & pride, but with "scabs" its just a group of transient workers going place to place for the highest $$$. Care nothing about the company they scab for other than the paycheck :down:

A little hint.....has something to do with NWA and their BOD. :D Hope you had more pride and knew a little history if you were really in the Marines. Used to be a thing called company loyality & pride, but with "scabs" its just a group of transient workers going place to place for the highest $$$. Care nothing about the company they scab for other than the paycheck :down:
You know, I wonder if they were smoking something when they thought about the $15 extra for some coach seatings.
smoke.gif

Well, we are talking about Gary Wilson in NWA section of the forum. Maybe try "gary wilson northwest"

You'll get this: http://www.nwa.com/corpinfo/peopl/board/board.shtml

And if you try "gary wilson marijuana", You'll come to a page with this:

APn 08/06 2253 BRF--Northwest-Marijuana

Copyright, 1994. The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

EAGAN, Minn. (AP) -- The co-chairman of Northwest Airlines was caught with a
bag of marijuana and a pipe in his briefcase as he tried to board one of the
company's commercial flights in Boise, Idaho.
Gary Wilson, 54, removed himself from his duties with the airline after he
was cited Tuesday for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and drug
paraphernalia.
Wilson, who had been on vacation, was allowed to board the flight to Detroit
after security discovered the marijuana during a routine screening of carry-on
bags.
His lawyer, Thomas McCabe, said Wilson was carrying "considerably less than
one ounce" of marijuana.
"Mr. Wilson sincerely regrets any embarrassment this incident may cause his
friends and colleagues," McCabe said.
Wilson faces up to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail.
WOW, what a knucklehead! I noticed this was in 1994..Anything more recent? I sincerely hope one such as himself was never allowed back into aviation..thanks for the trivia update.