Ass. And AA should bring proposal to employees

bring it up for a vote i vote NO NO NO.

Seeing how we have no idea on what would be in the companies proposal, other then what’s on Jetnet which is meaningless, not sure what your strong NO vote would be for. Unless you’re one of those goofs that say “I vote no for every contract”

Reactions: B737 driver
Seeing how we have no idea on what would be in the companies proposal, other then what’s on Jetnet which is meaningless, not sure what your strong NO vote would be for. Unless you’re one of those goofs that say “I vote no for every contract”
First hand information coming from 591 union officers I spoke too have been flowing information to the membership that AA wants open outsourcing scope. That alone is a Big Fat NO for me. If the union can't protect it's members with solid scope language then the only reason to vote YES would be to get the early out money.

the problem is maintenance. The company is way out of line in its competition battle with the Delta's and United's. Thanks to strong TWU language for MX. I think the company has 5,000 more mx on payroll than Delta and United as a result and Parker says that is a monster cost disadvantage. I don't see this problem going away since Parker also already got his 'seamlessness' with cross utilization.

Therefore, Fleet is held hostage. The most logical thing to do is for fleet to remove itself from MX and get another union that pledges a vote on the last offer. Otherwise, we are losing $1,100 a month and will be far far away from any JCBA within the next 3 years.

That’s why I’m sure we would not do well in arbitration. We have cross utilization already company wins on that, we are paid a high wage so we are not outraged. We won’t go on strike, too much apathy, can’t even get everybody to vote when the ballot is mailed to their house. work action? You can’t even discuss turning down OT for a day without some guys losing their mind.

I’m really surprised that AMTs boycotting AMT day, even though our fellow TWU-IAM brothers enjoy the usually good picnic AA serves us hasn’t gotten us a great contract. What we are doing is delaying the inevitable by a few years.

First hand information coming from 591 union officers I spoke too have been flowing information to the membership that AA wants open outsourcing scope. That alone is a Big Fat NO for me. If the union can't protect it's members with solid scope language then the only reason to vote YES would be to get the early out money.

I unfortunately dont have full faith in our unions honesty. I have been given different info about the same subject from different officials. That’s why I would love to see a proposal with full language so I know who’s rhetoric to believe.

I remember when I asked a union official about voting for union representation. Let’s just say his info wasn’t accurate.

I do get your point though.

So why did you even bother to ask me?
I hear UPS and UAL are hiring.
To guage if you realize that a change in representation will not necessarily change the results you want or expect. Just like I might not like AMFA, but in reality, I realized No one else will be any better. So at this point in my career I am along for the ride, and cast my one vote when it's time to vote.

Last edited:
It's well known your hatred for the AMFA.
What gives you the impression the UPS contract was a good contract? The ones that cared voted No as a majority. The ones that did not vote didn't care. We at AA have the association and it's so dysfunctional and counter productive as a union that they made sure we had no vote in its certification even though they went out of their way telling us so. We have no transparency. Two dysfunctional unions trying to negotiate a single agreement with many different work groups says volumes. We are fighting with sticks. If we were on our own we know where we stand against the company. Will we do better? Depends who you ask. I'm sure you'll say no. If being independent and better organized is a problem then why are the AA pilots still independent as well as the flight attendants? They have a JCBA post BK. We do not. Why would anyone suggest that title 1 and 2 guys should not go on their own after the association has failed us so far? So the independent APA and APFA have gotten JCBA's and are moving forward to their next contracts.
Did that answer your curiosity?

I guess you forgot (Of course you didn’t) that both the APA and APFA signed Negotiation Protocol Agreements to secure the AA/US Merger whereby if they couldn’t reach an agreement they would have it decided for them by an Arbitration panel.

The FA’s voted NO to their agreement and despite what the Company GAVE them they had a deal FORCED on them against their blessings.

The Pilots were smart enough to accept their agreements at that time and just moved on without one having to be rammed down their throats.

http://ourafa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AFA-APFA-AA-Negotiations-Protocol-Agreement.pdf