AT+T to reap 20 "B" $$$$$ in Trump Tax plan Savings.

You are wrong La. The supreme court has upheld the concept of "free speech" in more than one case! The problem I have with the way it was done is that he did it while on the job. Yes, I feel he had a right to do it, but in doing so, should except the consquences of his actions. This is a major problem with liberals these days.
Give me 2 examples of those cases.

Again, the right to free speech does not GRANT anyone rights, it only limits government's power.

Look at the first five words of the Amendment. Congress shall make no law

Trump did not try to make laws. He stated his opinion. To do something so publicly invites criticism. He took advantage of the invitation.

I believe the comment made by Matt Gaetz at the end of the article YOU posted reflects Trump's opinion on the subject. It most definitely reflects mine.

"Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that Americans are required to subsidise disrespect for America, or to have their tax dollars wasted on corporate welfare to sports teams," said Florida Representative Matt Gaetz.

He added: "If players want to protest, they have that right - but they should do it on their own time, and on their own dime.”

Last edited:
Trump did not try to make laws. He stated his opinion. To do something so publicly invites criticism. He took advantage of the invitation.

I believe the comment made by Matt Gaetz at the end of the article YOU posted reflects Trump's opinion on the subject. It most definitely reflects mine.

"Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that Americans are required to subsidise disrespect for America, or to have their tax dollars wasted on corporate welfare to sports teams," said Florida Representative Matt Gaetz.

He added: "If players want to protest, they have that right - but they should do it on their own time, and on their own dime.”
Trump has state his 'opinion' that the tax code should be used to punish NFL owners who didn't do something about kneeling players. Trump has stated his "opinion" that NBC should be shut down because they run stories critical of him. Florida Representative Matt Gaetz says that sports teams shouldn't rely on tax dollars. Fine...I agree. But the fact that our infantile president has twitted that "something should be done" would sure seem to put a damper on Representative Gaetz plans on introducing any such bill. And even if he did, should the dear leader twit in victory over it, the twit would be pretty good evidence that the first amendment was violated.

Full_Size_R14464.jpg

Trump has state his 'opinion' that the tax code should be used to punish NFL owners who didn't do something about kneeling players. Trump has stated his "opinion" that NBC should be shut down because they run stories critical of him. Florida Representative Matt Gaetz says that sports teams shouldn't rely on tax dollars. Fine...I agree. But the fact that our infantile president has twitted that "something should be done" would sure seem to put a damper on Representative Gaetz plans on introducing any such bill. And even if he did, should the dear leader twit in victory over it, the twit would be pretty good evidence that the first amendment was violated.

I suppose that depends on if you think denying a private entity access to American tax dollars is a violation of law. I suppose intent of application could come into effect. There is a lot to be said for agendas and motivations, especially if they are externally driven. If you read my post you know I have been very public about my disapproval of subsidizing private business with tax dollars.

I suppose that depends on if you think denying a private entity access to American tax dollars is a violation of law. I suppose intent of application could come into effect. There is a lot to be said for agendas and motivations, especially if they are externally driven. If you read my post you know I have been very public about my disapproval of subsidizing private business with tax dollars.
I don't think sports teams should get taxpayer funded stadiums. BUT....I'm just saying that the infant in the white house can't keep his big mouth shut and twits out threats towards NFL teams and NBC, which now brings attention...along with his "urging". And his fat trap sets it up to be - a violation of the first amendment. He should close his tweeter account and shut the hell up. But he's an idiot and doesn't realize that he harms his own wishes by "sharing his thoughts".

I don't think sports teams should get taxpayer funded stadiums. BUT....I'm just saying that the infant in the white house can't keep his big mouth shut and twits out threats towards NFL teams and NBC, which now brings attention...along with his "urging". And his fat trap sets it up to be - a violation of the first amendment. He should close his tweeter account and shut the hell up. But he's an idiot and doesn't realize that he harms his own wishes by "sharing his thoughts".
Maybe he should ask the Democrats for a few pointers in the art of subterfuge.

Maybe he should ask the Democrats for a few pointers in the art of subterfuge.

HE might get what he wants if he did that. You just don't get that his inability to control his thoughts...via tweeter or via his mouth....can work against him. Well...except among his supporters. He is eloquent, classy, intelligent and very well spoken as far as they are concerned. They would hope that their own child grows up to be just like him.

Colin K = 'FREEDOM of SPEECH' aka the 1st. Ammendment, or have you forgotten your US History / school lessons already ??

freedom of speech is a guarantee when addressing the government, not in the public venue....NFL isn't restricted by the 1st amendment.......wake up.

Wasn't Obama criticized by the right because the "jobs" created under him were low paying jobs? What makes them "greater" under T Rump???

Obamascare forced many into working two low paying jobs to meet the 'mandate'.

Maybe if some of you 'PATRIOTS' bought American made products only, then we would not .be in this mess.

Dude...Nixon paved the way when you were chasing NoKo's

You just don't get that his inability to control his thoughts...via tweeter or via his mouth....can work against him.
Who are you to say I don't get it?

I get it just fine.

That being said, I would take Trump over Hillary or Obama any day of the week.