AT+T to reap 20 "B" $$$$$ in Trump Tax plan Savings.

freedom of speech is a guarantee when addressing the government, not in the public venue....NFL isn't restricted by the 1st amendment.......wake up.

Indeed it is. But where it gets gray is where you have the leader of the country doing two things - criticizing the players for expressing that right, and second, twitting out threats that perhaps we should use the tax code to punish the owners who won't stop their players from exercising that right.. So he has effectively killed any efforts to change the way sports teams get money from state, local and even federal level. That "manly' threat via tweeter (which usually only makes 13 year old boys feel manly) just opened the door to one nice "big fat ugly case" regarding the first amendment,. And sure enough...the NFL caved, and all is well with taxpayer funded stadiums. But now he can't change the tax laws, because if he tries, the NFL owners can say "that's not fair...he said he'd only do that if we DIDN'T do something. We complied". Then they bring out the first amendment.

Indeed it is. But where it gets gray is where you have the leader of the country doing two things - criticizing the players for expressing that right, and second, twitting out threats that perhaps we should use the tax code to punish the owners who won't stop their players from exercising that right.. So he has effectively killed any efforts to change the way sports teams get money from state, local and even federal level. That "manly' threat via tweeter (which usually only makes 13 year old boys feel manly) just opened the door to one nice "big fat ugly case" regarding the first amendment,. And sure enough...the NFL caved, and all is well with taxpayer funded stadiums. But now he can't change the tax laws, because if he tries, the NFL owners can say "that's not fair...he said he'd only do that if we DIDN'T do something. We complied". Then they bring out the first amendment.

I sent out tweets too on the subject, think they'll name me in a 1st amendment lawsuit?

I sent out tweets too on the subject, think they'll name me in a 1st amendment lawsuit?

I think the President of the United States twits carry more weight than a former airline employee in Pittsburgh. If the prez REALLY was upset about taxpayer money going to NFL teams, he would have quietly set about doing something about it.. But our dear leader is unable to quietly do anything. And he already threatened NFL owners with tax changes if they don't punish their employees for "disrespecting the flag". That's going to carry a little bit of weight when it comes to any kind of legislation.

I think the President of the United States twits carry more weight than a former airline employee in Pittsburgh. If the prez REALLY was upset about taxpayer money going to NFL teams, he would have quietly set about doing something about it.. But our dear leader is unable to quietly do anything. And he already threatened NFL owners with tax changes if they don't punish their employees for "disrespecting the flag". That's going to carry a little bit of weight when it comes to any kind of legislation.

He's allowed to excercise His 1st amendment rights too.

He's allowed to excercise His 1st amendment rights too.
Yes he is. But don't you see...if he gets Congress to make a law based on his opinion, and that law happens to punish a group for their actions regarding the first amendment, then not many Congress critters will vote to pass it since they KNOW it would fall in a SC ruling....even a court appointed by the jester himself. Because, as the constitution says 'Congress shall pass no law'. The dumb azz should learn to keep his mouth shut as much as possible.

Yes he is. But don't you see...if he gets Congress to make a law based on his opinion, and that law happens to punish a group for their actions regarding the first amendment, then not many Congress critters will vote to pass it since they KNOW it would fall in a SC ruling....even a court appointed by the jester himself. Because, as the constitution says 'Congress shall pass no law'. The dumb azz should learn to keep his mouth shut as much as possible.

The players do not have a carte blanche right to do that .

The players do not have a carte blanche right to do that .
At the time they were doing it, their owners didn't have any rules prohibiting it. Now they do. Great - that's between the owners and them. And I apologize...after further review I discovered that T Rumps twit which said "Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!" was a lie. I know I should have known better, considering the source.

At the time they were doing it, their owners didn't have any rules prohibiting it. Now they do. Great - that's between the owners and them. And I apologize...after further review I discovered that T Rumps twit which said "Why is the NFL getting massive tax breaks while at the same time disrespecting our Anthem, Flag and Country? Change tax law!" was a lie. I know I should have known better, considering the source.

Not necessarily so....who do you think has been subsidizing all these great monuments to the football God in every city that worships a team?

Hint: It ain't Uncle Sam.

Not necessarily so....who do you think has been subsidizing all these great monuments to the football God in every city that worships a team?

Hint: It ain't Uncle Sam.

AS I said....local city, county and state governments give sports teams what they want. Trump wanted to cut all the federal tax breaks, but in further reading, those small breaks were given up in 2015, so I was repeating lie from Trump. He is safe. He can now focus on shutting down NBC

At the time they were doing it, their owners didn't have any rules prohibiting it. Now they do. Great - that's between the owners and them
Exactly. They had to make rules to protect themselves against a bunch of social justice warriors trying to use the NFL as their own personal sounding board.

In a world of adults there should have been no need to make those rules.

The players behavior is inappropriate and infantile, period.

Exactly. They had to make rules to protect themselves against a bunch of social justice warriors trying to use the NFL as their own personal sounding board.

In a world of adults there should have been no need to make those rules.

The players behavior is inappropriate and infantile, period.
Funny...you see that as infantile but refuse to see the presidents behaviour. If the NFL was infantile, the presidents behaviour must be "fetaltile".

Funny...you see that as infantile but refuse to see the presidents behaviour. If the NFL was infantile, the presidents behaviour must be "fetaltile".
Again, don't tell me what I refuse to see. You have no basis to make that claim as I have not made any declarations of my opinion on that specific subject. You want to know what I "see" ask ME. Don't take it upon yourself to declare my opinion to the Forum.

I think I have proven in the past when you ask me a question I give you a very focused and expedient response.