Attention Sprayers, Take Heed and Protect Yourselves

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
Out of concern for those (I'm assuming contract workers) assigned the task of crop dusting aircraft interiors with the latest and greatest solution to all of mankind's problems, I wanted to relay the following information from http://cru66.cahe.wsu.edu/~picol/pdf/WA/69352.pdf regarding SW2.

Hopefully the lawn pesticide warning of, "keep off until dry" is applicable and after drying it poses no threat to passengers and crewmembers. I would also hope that those spraying would be adequately protected. In this video (which I assume is a simulation not requiring eyeware) the person spraying is not wearing protective eyeware: https://player.vimeo.com/video/451205812?autoplay=1;color=9da6ab&title=0&byline=0

Please be careful out there!

Here's an excerpt from the pdf:

PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS HAZARD TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS CAUTION: Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing vapors or spray mist. Wear protective eyewear (safety glasses), long sleeves, and chemical resistant gloves while handling. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.

FOR INTERIOR USE ONLY. ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: This pesticide is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms. FIRST AID: If Inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person in not breathing, call 911 or ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth-to-mouth, if possible. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.

If in Eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.

If on Skin: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.

Latest posts