Attitude = Reality

Jet Tech

Jan 3, 2006
For months now I have listened to the most vile slander that I have ever heard in my life regarding the Northwest strike, replacement workers and direction of the company. Everyone from the AMFA Mechanics on strike to the flight attendants seem to do nothing but complain. I am proud to admit that I am a replacement worker, further more, I am very proud of what I have accomplished. That being said, I have just one simple message to the overwhelming pessimestic masses. edited by moderator If you are so unhappy with the way things are going, quit and find another job. I learned along time ago that your focus and attitude will determine your reality. You were born with the ability to make decisions, you have the ability to effect your reality and the way I see it you have two choices. Quit complaining and be happy with what you have, or continue to complain and be misserable. Now I may be just unusual, but from where I'm sitting, anyone who chooses to live in self-induced missery has got some serious mental issues. If you don't like the way that things are going, leave, but for Gods sake SHUT UP!!!!!

i guess that you are a proud SCAB! Dam good thing I dont fly on any of NWA planes you and your scabs fix. It be more prone to having an accident than when the real MECHANICS fixed them. They had families to support but now due to incompetence of the mgmt, they have ruined those hard working AMFA folks. I cant wait till they tell you to go to hell because they have found another country to do your job for a lot less than what they pay you scabs

When you've given the best years of your life and are then thrown away after being cheated by an employee ownership plan I guess you would be bitter too. Working for 50 cents on the dollar with no future isn't an accomplishment.

i guess that you are a proud SCAB! Dam good thing I dont fly on any of NWA planes you and your scabs fix. It be more prone to having an accident than when the real MECHANICS fixed them. They had families to support but now due to incompetence of the mgmt, they have ruined those hard working AMFA folks. I cant wait till they tell you to go to hell because they have found another country to do your job for a lot less than what they pay you scabs
Yes I am a proud SCAB. Sorry to hear about the families, but thats what you get when you let others make decisions for you. And just a point to think about, but a REAL MECHANIC wouldn't put "UNION BROTHERS" ahead of their own childrens needs.

When you've given the best years of your life and are then thrown away after being cheated by an employee ownership plan I guess you would be bitter too. Working for 50 cents on the dollar with no future isn't an accomplishment.
Your right, working for 50 cents on the dollar isn't an accomplishment. Building my childrens future is an accomplishment. Providing them with a real home is and cloths is an accomplishment. Being proud of who I am and what I do is an accomplishment. Going home everynight to a loving family is the ultimate reward of a career, or did AMFA teach you otherwise.

You can't do that if you keep going backwards, all AMFA is trying to do is establish a/c maintenance as a bonafide trade. Electricians and plumbers make big money, their craft unions have a long and proud tradition. I'm not sure it's worth it to get into ac maint anymore. I'm not in AMFA and I'm not an ac mechanic. I am just ashamed to see a way of life disappear. If they only want to pay the Captain 100k a year I guess that doesn't bode well for others. This used to be a job that was envied, it's turning into a joke.

You can't do that if you keep going backwards, all AMFA is trying to do is establish a/c maintenance as a bonafide trade. Electricians and plumbers make big money, their craft unions have a long and proud tradition. I'm not sure it's worth it to get into ac maint anymore. I'm not in AMFA and I'm not an ac mechanic. I am just ashamed to see a way of life disappear. If they only want to pay the Captain 100k a year I guess that doesn't bode well for others. This used to be a job that was envied, it's turning into a joke.
I will conceed that our job doesn't get enough respect, nor do we get paid enough, at Northwest or anyother airline. The work we do is demanding and requires a great deal of skill, SCAB or not. I personally do the job because I love it, pure and simple. The core problem is that when AMFA first arrived at Northwest they did it with promises to make our trade skilled. The reality is that once they were in, that agenda went right out the door, along with a host of Jr Mechs. One of the first deals made was for higher pay rates, and NWA agreed with a clause in the contract that allowed for the outsourceing of Maintenance. So who are the true liars here, who is really to blame. The company for being straight with its employee's telling them what their plan was, or the Union that didn't even have the decency to allow its members to vote on the 19 Aug proposal.

I will conceed that our job doesn't get enough respect, nor do we get paid enough, at Northwest or anyother airline. The work we do is demanding and requires a great deal of skill, SCAB or not. I personally do the job because I love it, pure and simple. The core problem is that when AMFA first arrived at Northwest they did it with promises to make our trade skilled. The reality is that once they were in, that agenda went right out the door, along with a host of Jr Mechs. One of the first deals made was for higher pay rates, and NWA agreed with a clause in the contract that allowed for the outsourceing of Maintenance. So who are the true liars here, who is really to blame. The company for being straight with its employee's telling them what their plan was, or the Union that didn't even have the decency to allow its members to vote on the 19 Aug proposal.

==========================================================

Jet Tech,
Just one simple question.
(We,ve already determind your a SCAB)

Have you at any (other) time worked for NW.

I may be wrong, but you sound(somewhat)like a former employee, that was perhaps furloughed ?????

NH/BB's

Your right, working for 50 cents on the dollar isn't an accomplishment. Building my childrens future is an accomplishment. Providing them with a real home is and cloths is an accomplishment. Being proud of who I am and what I do is an accomplishment. Going home everynight to a loving family is the ultimate reward of a career, or did AMFA teach you otherwise.

Thats fine, but why do you have to be a scab to do that? The thing I dont understand is why you have to work a NWA? Is working at NWA your only option? I got laid off after 911 and
I got on with my life, without scabbing, why cant you or any other scab out there do that?

Thats fine, but why do you have to be a scab to do that? The thing I dont understand is why you have to work a NWA? Is working at NWA your only option? I got laid off after 911 and
I got on with my life, without scabbing, why cant you or any other scab out there do that?
Thats a fair question, and I would be happy to anwser. Prior to coming to Northwest I was working the NWA DC-9 heavy checks in Dothan, and quite happy doing it. Without so much as a warning I was laid off, having supported the local IAM which was the governing Union in Dothan. As a Mechaninc I feel for what you were trying to do. However, my loalties to work associates has always, and will always take a back seat to my duties as a Father. My first priority is always to them. I took the contract to provide an immediate solution to a sudden problem that left my family in Jepordy. I, as well as many others, did not expect this to go the distance. I stumbled my way into a good thing, the best that I have worked in my six years in Aviaition. You may call me a SCAB all you like, but consider this. Every time you take a job that was left open by someone else, you are doing the exact same thing that we did. No one forced the AMFA Mechanic to walk, they made that decision for themselves, and they did it knowing full and well that we were waiting in the wing.

==========================================================

Jet Tech,
Just one simple question.
(We,ve already determind your a SCAB)

Have you at any (other) time worked for NW.

I may be wrong, but you sound(somewhat)like a former employee, that was perhaps furloughed ?????

NH/BB's
For the record, no. My only experiance with NWA prior to this was in Dothan working the DC-9 heavy checks.

Thats a fair question, and I would be happy to anwser. Prior to coming to Northwest I was working the NWA DC-9 heavy checks in Dothan, and quite happy doing it. Without so much as a warning I was laid off, having supported the local IAM which was the governing Union in Dothan. As a Mechaninc I feel for what you were trying to do. However, my loalties to work associates has always, and will always take a back seat to my duties as a Father. My first priority is always to them. I took the contract to provide an immediate solution to a sudden problem that left my family in Jepordy. I, as well as many others, did not expect this to go the distance. I stumbled my way into a good thing, the best that I have worked in my six years in Aviaition. You may call me a SCAB all you like, but consider this. Every time you take a job that was left open by someone else, you are doing the exact same thing that we did. No one forced the AMFA Mechanic to walk, they made that decision for themselves, and they did it knowing full and well that we were waiting in the wing.
For the record, no. My only experiance with NWA prior to this was in Dothan working the DC-9 heavy checks.
jet tech...you sound like a guy I knew from dothan....he was a tall goofy looking dude that worked in hanger 15...any relation?

Thats a fair question, and I would be happy to anwser. Prior to coming to Northwest I was working the NWA DC-9 heavy checks in Dothan, and quite happy doing it. Without so much as a warning I was laid off, having supported the...

Nobody forced you to work for NWA. Nobody is forcing you to stay there. If you feel you didnt have a choice at first, you certainly do now.

Nobody forced you to work for NWA. Nobody is forcing you to stay there. If you feel you didnt have a choice at first, you certainly do now.
Your right about that, Nobody forced me to take the job, and nobody is twisting my arm to stay there. Regardless of what has transpired in the past or what will be in the future, I will always retain the power of Choice. If that makes me a SCAB, then so be it. I always have and always will do what I feel is right. If supporting Mgmnt decissions makes me wrong, OH well. I have great respect for the Mgmnt team at Northwest, not because of any decision, but because of their actions. Do not dare disrespect or slander any of them. I worked elbow to elbow with most of them. Andy Roberts, John Bendoridus, Randy Stienland, and a host of others that were just as covered in greese, skydrol and jet fuel as the rest of us. They cared enough about the future of the Airline to come down out of the cubicals and Corprate offices to prove that didn't they think themselves any better than us, and proved it with their actions. I have great respect for leader who work the trenches with their troops.
Choice? Don't come to me with choice Sir. The AMFA members had a choice, and they made a bad one.

Latest posts