Attitude = Reality

I agree with what you said, everyone has to decide for themselves. We had no union at Boeing in the job that I had but I decided to leave to work on my own terms. I've been out of the industry for 6 years and am only looking at possibly getting back in because UPS called me out of the blue (or Brown? LOL). One decision I did make, however was NOT to cross NWA's line because I don't want to see the pay and benefits deteriorate for AMT's any more than it has. But then again, having worked as an AMT for a major for 10 years, I understand what it's like. But that's my decision, and my decision alone. My daughter is grown and on her own so I can afford to work for myself for very little. I've known people who've scabbed because their loved ones had critical medical problems and needed the insurance. I don't per se approve of scabbing but EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT and must be considered on its own merit.
Well said, and best wishes.

I agree with what you said, everyone has to decide for themselves. We had no union at Boeing in the job that I had but I decided to leave to work on my own terms. I've been out of the industry for 6 years and am only looking at possibly getting back in because UPS called me out of the blue (or Brown? LOL). One decision I did make, however was NOT to cross NWA's line because I don't want to see the pay and benefits deteriorate for AMT's any more than it has. But then again, having worked as an AMT for a major for 10 years, I understand what it's like. But that's my decision, and my decision alone. My daughter is grown and on her own so I can afford to work for myself for very little. I've known people who've scabbed because their loved ones had critical medical problems and needed the insurance. I don't per se approve of scabbing but EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT and must be considered on its own merit.
Thank you. Finally someone that can disagree, but still be objective enough to allow for an altrenative point of view.

Jet Tech,

Please explain to ALL of us here just exactly how your decision to cross a picket line improved or added value to society.

Did it help to raise wages for othe AMT's?

Did it help to stem the tide of outsourcing high wage jobs?

Did it build the tax base of the local community in which the work is located?

I truely appologize for the delay and my absense, work has kept me very busy, and I wanted some time to really think long and hard on your question so as to give you the most realistic anwser that I could.

Q:Did it help to raise wages for other AMT's?
A:This depends on how you view the situation. If you are refering to the wages of those of us who are scabs, well then the anwser is most definately yes. Many of us have had more than our fair share of low paying jobs for one reason or another. It is a refreshing change to finally have a job that not only recognizes our skills, but pays us for them to boot. If you are refering to those who went on strike, saw the writing on the walls then went back to work. Then I would have to say no. I would how ever like to add that our arrival came in conjunction with the removal of 95% of the heavy maintenance at Northwest. This fact brings a new set of variables and individuals into the equation which I willing to bet, few that post here personally know let alone care about. The heavy MTC must still be accomplished. But if not by NWA, then who. The anwser is 142 operators. Outsourcing MTC is not a bad thing when kept in check. Granted, not all are equal, but speaking from the experiance that many AMFA techs lack, most are very respectable and do an excelent job. These 142 operators employ a large number of Techs ranging from green to the seasoned vet. So what of their wages. More outsourcing means more jobs and usually higher wages due to the surge in Bussiness. I've seen this personally. If you don't believe me, talk to the Techs at Pemco in Dothan. So with two out of three being positive, I would have to say that yes, it has help raise wages of AMT's. Airline AMT's in heavy MTC are a dying breed as companies streemline thier operations. Andy Roberts was right when he posed the question, "are we in the airline bussiness or the maintenance bussiness?"

Q:Did it help to stem the tide of outsourcing high wage jobs?
A:To this I would have to say NO. However I must raise the question, do you honestly believe that there is anything that is going to slow this process. Its called supply and demand. For example, two gas stations have the exact same fuel, one going for 2.25 per gal, the other accross the street is 2.19 per gal.......which one are you going to buy your gas from? The one for 2.19 right? Why? Because its cheaper. And don't even try to convince me other wise. Everyone is always trying to either save, or make a buck, outsourcing is nothing more than that, and it will never change.

Q:Did it build the tax base of the local community in which the work is located?
A:This one took a little longer because I actually ran some numbers on the question. And my anwser is yes. This question almost cought me off guard. Then it occured to me that it was posed to elicit only one anwser by forcing one to see only one side, and that is the side of the striking Mech who no longer is working at NWA. Then it occured to me, every two weeks I'm loosing money to MN state taxes which I happily pay. While the striking Mech may not be drawing an income from NWA, they are still drawing a check somewhere thus still contributing to the state and local comunity. So there hasn't really been a signifigant loss of State Revenue due to my arrival, or the arrival of any other SCAB. In addition, I have bought my first house for which I must pay taxes, the license plate on the car which I bought in MN is a tax, along with a host of other fee's that filter their way into the comunity because I live here. Pretty sure that I paid some sales tax on all the winter cloths that I bought for the family.

Bob your biggest problem is that you either cannot or will not look past your own beliefs to see the big picture. You like everyone else here is a pawn of those with power. In this life you are either born poor, or you are born rich. You either pay those in your employ, or you are an employee. It is only our individual choices that determnine if we keep the hand we were delt, or reshuffle the deck, it is black and white, there is no gray. Unions in their self ritious indignation create the shades of gray by creating doubt and problems before they arise. Unions, and those who support them are being fed a very large helping of crow. Change is never easy, but it is certain. We all live one way or another in a world in which it is survival of the fittest, and here in reality, only the strong shall survive.

Call me what you will, say what you want about me, but for crying out loud, come up with something better.

I truely appologize for the delay and my absense, work has kept me very busy, and I wanted some time to really think long and hard on your question so as to give you the most realistic anwser that I could.

Q:Did it help to raise wages for other AMT's?
A:This depends on how you view the situation. If you are refering to the wages of those of us who are scabs, well then the anwser is most definately yes. Many of us have had more than our fair share of low paying jobs for one reason or another. It is a refreshing change to finally have a job that not only recognizes our skills, but pays us for them to boot. If you are refering to those who went on strike, saw the writing on the walls then went back to work. Then I would have to say no. I would how ever like to add that our arrival came in conjunction with the removal of 95% of the heavy maintenance at Northwest. This fact brings a new set of variables and individuals into the equation which I willing to bet, few that post here personally know let alone care about. The heavy MTC must still be accomplished. But if not by NWA, then who. The anwser is 142 operators. Outsourcing MTC is not a bad thing when kept in check. Granted, not all are equal, but speaking from the experiance that many AMFA techs lack, most are very respectable and do an excelent job. These 142 operators employ a large number of Techs ranging from green to the seasoned vet. So what of their wages. More outsourcing means more jobs and usually higher wages due to the surge in Bussiness. I've seen this personally. If you don't believe me, talk to the Techs at Pemco in Dothan. So with two out of three being positive, I would have to say that yes, it has help raise wages of AMT's. Airline AMT's in heavy MTC are a dying breed as companies streemline thier operations. Andy Roberts was right when he posed the question, "are we in the airline bussiness or the maintenance bussiness?"

thus sayeth the Masterchief!!!
say hi to big red, lil red, and mama red for me!

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

You scabs can spin your garbage as much as you want. The fact is: YOU SCABS are lowering the wages and benefits of AMT's in the USA and are helping the coporate crooks send high paying jobs to China and elsewhere. I've been checking with my connections to contract world and they have confirmed to me that contractor(non-scab) wages are headed into a nose dive because of what you stupid scabs are doing at NWA. So now you've wrecked the airline world and wrecked the contracting world also. Jetwreck,Gangreene,Opus,and PTO congradulations on destroying the once proud AMT profession. Hope you can get by on food stamps.

Hello my sweet Princess. I have so missed your input in this Forum. Thank you for blessing us with your presence once again. So you think a handful of lowly Scabs with just a few months training has destroyed the AMT Craft? Are the Scabs that good or are the unions just that weak?

Hello my sweet Princess. I have so missed your input in this Forum. Thank you for blessing us with your presence once again. So you think a handful of lowly Scabs with just a few months training has destroyed the AMT Craft? Are the Scabs that good or are the unions just that weak?
The SCUM BUM SCUM BAg POS scabs like you PTO are the ones destroying the entire airline industry. The unions are not as weak as you think or believe. In fact I dare you to sign up to be in a union and see how they treat your sorry a**. Of course I know for a fact you aint gonna do it cause you are a POS scum bum scum bag scab who has stolen AMFA's job

The SCUM BUM SCUM BAg POS scabs like you PTO are the ones destroying the entire airline industry. The unions are not as weak as you think or believe. In fact I dare you to sign up to be in a union and see how they treat your sorry a**. Of course I know for a fact you aint gonna do it cause you are a POS scum bum scum bag scab who has stolen AMFA's job

They would probably treat his sorry a$$ like they treated yours. Unions runed the airline industry by putting uneconomic demands on it, now the airlines are trying to ruin the unions by doing the reverse. Its a dog eat dog world we live in.

They would probably treat his sorry a$$ like they treated yours. Unions runed the airline industry by putting uneconomic demands on it, now the airlines are trying to ruin the unions by doing the reverse. Its a dog eat dog world we live in.
Oh, I see it now. Greedy raiding thugs like Carl Icaan, Frank Lorenzo, Dougie Stealin', and others had nothing to do with it. Keep ramblin' Ray...... :blink: :blink:

of course with your words, i take it that you dont have a problem with those crooked a**holes takingmoney away from the hard working union people and pocketing for themselves.
that is about as low as you are. it sure sounds like you are part of that mgmt team or a scab at worse

What "uneconomic" demands would you be talking about?

The licensed A&P taken out of the back shops at AA and replaced with much lower paid non-A&Ps?

United and NWA sending their aircraft to CHINA & SINGAPORE for heavy maintenance?

Maybe it was also the unions allowing BK airlines to operate in BK for YEARS that you speak of?

Nice try coward. Now return to your supervisor's desk. That is while there still is a supervisors desk. You see, in a liquidation everything goes. Even the desk.

What "uneconomic" demands would you be talking about?

The licensed A&P taken out of the back shops at AA and replaced with much lower paid non-A&Ps?

United and NWA sending their aircraft to CHINA & SINGAPORE for heavy maintenance?

Maybe it was also the unions allowing BK airlines to operate in BK for YEARS that you speak of?

Nice try coward. Now return to your supervisor's desk. That is while there still is a supervisors desk. You see, in a liquidation everything goes. Even the desk.

No one is immune from the rampant greed of the corporate suits out there. Remember Enron (can anyone forget?). Or how about MD's that spend a fortune to get through medical school only to go work under some HMO that imports their MD's from India where the university is free??? Then they can come here and work for less than any of you. (Yes, some MD's are only makes 50K/yr). CPA's can't make any money any more either. The greedy tide has swallowed up the blue collar jobs and is now lapping at the feet of the professional while collar jobs. Then we got the press that admires the Emporer's New Clothes saying the economy has recovered from 9/11 and is doing well. I'm just waiting for whole house of cards to collapse.

You scabs can spin your garbage as much as you want. The fact is: YOU SCABS are lowering the wages and benefits of AMT's in the USA and are helping the coporate crooks send high paying jobs to China and elsewhere. I've been checking with my connections to contract world and they have confirmed to me that contractor(non-scab) wages are headed into a nose dive because of what you stupid scabs are doing at NWA. So now you've wrecked the airline world and wrecked the contracting world also. Jetwreck,Gangreene,Opus,and PTO congradulations on destroying the once proud AMT profession. Hope you can get by on food stamps.
My Dear Priness, what would we do without you to darken our way. As usual you have completely missed the entire point and tried desprately, although in vain, to attempt to turn the tables yet again. Now I can't speak for the rest of the "SCABS", but personally I prefer not to spin my garbage, the bags aren't all that strong and are known to break thus depositing the garbage all over my floor, and thats just a mess. I have made this point before, however you were clearly not paying attention (surprise) so I will repeat myself. SCABS are not responsable for outsourcing, NAFTA is. If you are going to play the blame game, the at least give the anomosity where it is due. There is no such thing as a "non-scab" contractor, contractors in any field exist to fill holes in man power. Not quiet sure you have much of a right calling us stupid, we weren't the ones that stepped in front of a speeding bus, or plane in this case, thinking we were going to stop it with our bare hands, or lack there of as it were.
Further more, where is "Contract World"? I'll bet they have some killer deals on printer ink, I'm just about out.

:up: Point set match. That about sums it up.

Oh, I see it now. Greedy raiding thugs like Carl Icaan, Frank Lorenzo, Dougie Stealin', and others had nothing to do with it. Keep ramblin' Ray...... :blink: :blink:
:blink: Hackman, how can you possibly think that these executives had anything to do with the state that the company is in now. This has been building for years, and like it or not AMFA simply helped NWA tie the nuce, while still collecting your dues.

No one is immune from the rampant greed of the corporate suits out there. Remember Enron (can anyone forget?). Or how about MD's that spend a fortune to get through medical school only to go work under some HMO that imports their MD's from India where the university is free??? Then they can come here and work for less than any of you. (Yes, some MD's are only makes 50K/yr). CPA's can't make any money any more either. The greedy tide has swallowed up the blue collar jobs and is now lapping at the feet of the professional while collar jobs. Then we got the press that admires the Emporer's New Clothes saying the economy has recovered from 9/11 and is doing well. I'm just waiting for whole house of cards to collapse.
Peaches I admire your honest and neutral apraisal of the current situation and indeed the world as a whole. I would however challenge you to attempt a more optomistic view of the future. While often times things are what they seem, seldum do they ever end up as many would predict. This trail of money, greed and power to which everyone complains of has been in existance since Cain looked cross eyed at Able. Nothing is unfortunately ever going to change that. What will set us apart from our history is how we view and impact our present, and what we will do to help shape our future. Granted, the power that be are corupt and many times self centered, I tend to think that even in the most viel, despicable and evil people, have at the least, a small sence of decency. There is always a silver lining.....always.

of course with your words, i take it that you dont have a problem with those crooked a**holes takingmoney away from the hard working union people and pocketing for themselves.
that is about as low as you are. it sure sounds like you are part of that mgmt team or a scab at worse
Will someone please explain to me who is taking money from who. The last time I checked taking money that does not belong to you is called stealing. Thought that was against the law. The problem is that the company changed your rate of pay, and you didn't like it, so you threw a tantrum and stomped your foot like a child. Now unless you can show me evidence that NWA executives personally went into your personal checking account and made a withdraw without your permission, stop using the term "stealing", because it simply does not apply. Or are you so gulable that AMFA has convinced you other wise.

JetWreck, I know several people who contract but they never cross fellow AMT's picketlines. In fact these individuals are very angry at SCABs like you,because of the damage you're doing not only to the airline AMT's but Contract AMT's as well. Only SCAB dummies like you would help destroy AMT wages and benefits by scabbing. Can't you see you're cutting your own throat?

Latest posts