Attitude = Reality

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by Jet Tech, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Jet Tech

Jet Tech Member

In all sincerity, I'm not lobbing rotten tomatos at you peaches, Princess maybe, but not you.

Actually, I do know what it is like to have my pay slashed along with my bennies. Its happened to me in spite of the Union that I supported at the time. As for pensions, I've never fully trusted a company enough to stake my future on them, that is why I have a stock portfolio that I have been building since I was 19. And just FYI, I didn't make a big fuss over getting my pay slashed, I simply found another job.

2. Jet Tech

Jet Tech Member

Not exactly sure here, but I would be willing to guess that your company is private. i.e. you don't have a board of directors controlling your company.

3. pw2037

pw2037 Member

Aircraft mechanics like you are the reason that we cant get a good wage. You show mgt that oh oh I'll work for half of what you were paying the last guy. And do you think your the only one with a family?. You make the craft weak by working for lower pay. This is why pilots make mgt listen up why they talk because they dont work for half or oh oh ill fly for half the pay. And is this your first airline job?

4. Jet Tech

Jet Tech Member

Ummmm.....I agree with you to a point. However let me clarify. I wasn't trying to say that NAFTA is responsable for outsourcing, or even that it was the sole cause of it, the point I was trying to make is that following NAFTA, there was a huge surge in companies outsourcing work. Could be wrong but I think that what it really did was to provide an umbrella of legitamacy to the practice of outsourcing.

Major Airline? Yes. However do not convince yourself that Mechanics like me are the reason you can't get a good wage. Has nothing to do with me, has to do with supply and demand. If you don't like it find another trade, field, whatever.

5. pw2037

pw2037 Member

Major Airline? Yes. However do not convince yourself that Mechanics like me are the reason you can't get a good wage. Has nothing to do with me, has to do with supply and demand. If you don't like it find another trade, field, whatever.

It's mechanics like you because you work for less money and do it. It's all about standing together like the pilots. Airlines cant go out and get pilots to fly for less it's the facts. You also zero out the supply and demand theory by work for less. you just dont get it do you? You are hurting the craft we cant raise the bar by working for sub-stander wages.

6. peaches

peaches Advanced

Jet Tech,
    I did exactly that, got out of the field. However the problem of pay and benefit cuts is across all industries. Strikers (in any industry)are trying to stem the tide. I support them in that endeavor. Strikers will always see strike-breakers as undermining their efforts. You see a golden opportunity, they see a traitor.

7. ramblingray

ramblingray Member

yes it is.

8. Jet Tech

Jet Tech Member

yes it is private, or yes it has a board of directors?

9. ramblingray

ramblingray Member

Yes it is privately held.

10. CSAR GYRENE

CSAR GYRENE Veteran

If you go to www.aviationemployment.com you will see hundreds of positions open, at slightly higher wages than last year. Are you willing to go on record and state SPECIFICALLY which contract houses have lowered thier wages? Or are you really just making this stuff up as you go along, just like your "pencil whipping" list?

11. Necrophilias

Necrophilias Senior

There is no excuse for being a SCAB...PERIOD! Like most other SCABs you won't likely be at one job very long. You can't leave too soon.

As a festering carbuncle on the rear end of progress, SCABs peregrinate the earth at the expense of good people.

Depart to a deep, dark destination never to return.

12. CSAR GYRENE

CSAR GYRENE Veteran

Yup, definately a twenty percenter