Attitude = Reality

I also give them credit for not stooping to lobbing rotten tomatos at me.
In all sincerity, I'm not lobbing rotten tomatos at you peaches, Princess maybe, but not you.

it sure is clear to me that you have no idea as to what it is like to have your pay sliced to the bare bones and the benes reduced and the pensions taken away from you right in front of your eyes while mgmt takes huge golden parachutes and huge bonuse but yet retain their pensions. Is that fair to the hard working employees of the airlines? the answer is not and soemthing ought to be done about it. Do a research on both of USAIRWAYS bankruptcy cases and also research how much Stephen Wolf and Rakeesh Gangwal stole from us the employees before they bailed out.
Actually, I do know what it is like to have my pay slashed along with my bennies. Its happened to me in spite of the Union that I supported at the time. As for pensions, I've never fully trusted a company enough to stake my future on them, that is why I have a stock portfolio that I have been building since I was 19. And just FYI, I didn't make a big fuss over getting my pay slashed, I simply found another job.

I am glad you are satisfied with your new profession. You do have a point. I pay myself the same bonus that each employee makes (As it relates to our incomes) However, my point is that I am in complete control of my employees and I am willing to do that. My employees are everything to my company. They work very hard for me and get rewarded in return. However, if someone was telling me what to pay, how many to pay etc., and constantly filing greviences and negotiating who I can get rid of, forget it. They would not make nearly as much as they do now. I pay well and get good employees. As far as I am concerned, there are way too many deadbeats that the unions protect. That in turn hurts everyone else in the union. With the influx of foreign goods, we need to team ourselves with productive employees. Not ones that hide behind the union card.

The union has tried to organize my 4 locations on three different occasions. The closest they ever got was 7 yes to 46 no. Bottom line - Treat the employees great, They are more productive and always maintain control over the hiring practices of your work force. Everyone wins.
Not exactly sure here, but I would be willing to guess that your company is private. i.e. you don't have a board of directors controlling your company.

Aircraft mechanics like you are the reason that we cant get a good wage. You show mgt that oh oh I'll work for half of what you were paying the last guy. And do you think your the only one with a family?. You make the craft weak by working for lower pay. This is why pilots make mgt listen up why they talk because they dont work for half or oh oh ill fly for half the pay. And is this your first airline job?

NAFTA didnt cause any outsourcing. There was nothing stopping it before.
Ummmm.....I agree with you to a point. However let me clarify. I wasn't trying to say that NAFTA is responsable for outsourcing, or even that it was the sole cause of it, the point I was trying to make is that following NAFTA, there was a huge surge in companies outsourcing work. Could be wrong but I think that what it really did was to provide an umbrella of legitamacy to the practice of outsourcing.

Aircraft mechanics like you are the reason that we cant get a good wage. You show mgt that oh oh I'll work for half of what you were paying the last guy. And do you think your the only one with a family?. You make the craft weak by working for lower pay. This is why pilots make mgt listen up why they talk because they dont work for half or oh oh ill fly for half the pay. And is this your first airline job?
Major Airline? Yes. However do not convince yourself that Mechanics like me are the reason you can't get a good wage. Has nothing to do with me, has to do with supply and demand. If you don't like it find another trade, field, whatever.

Major Airline? Yes. However do not convince yourself that Mechanics like me are the reason you can't get a good wage. Has nothing to do with me, has to do with supply and demand. If you don't like it find another trade, field, whatever.

It's mechanics like you because you work for less money and do it. It's all about standing together like the pilots. Airlines cant go out and get pilots to fly for less it's the facts. You also zero out the supply and demand theory by work for less. you just dont get it do you? You are hurting the craft we cant raise the bar by working for sub-stander wages.

Ummmm.....I agree with you to a point. However let me clarify. I wasn't trying to say that NAFTA is responsable for outsourcing, or even that it was the sole cause of it, the point I was trying to make is that following NAFTA, there was a huge surge in companies outsourcing work. Could be wrong but I think that what it really did was to provide an umbrella of legitamacy to the practice of outsourcing.

Jet Tech,
I did exactly that, got out of the field. However the problem of pay and benefit cuts is across all industries. Strikers (in any industry)are trying to stem the tide. I support them in that endeavor. Strikers will always see strike-breakers as undermining their efforts. You see a golden opportunity, they see a traitor.

You scabs can spin your garbage as much as you want. The fact is: YOU SCABS are lowering the wages and benefits of AMT's in the USA and are helping the coporate crooks send high paying jobs to China and elsewhere. I've been checking with my connections to contract world and they have confirmed to me that contractor(non-scab) wages are headed into a nose dive because of what you stupid scabs are doing at NWA. So now you've wrecked the airline world and wrecked the contracting world also. Jetwreck,Gangreene,Opus,and PTO congradulations on destroying the once proud AMT profession. Hope you can get by on food stamps.
If you go to www.aviationemployment.com you will see hundreds of positions open, at slightly higher wages than last year. Are you willing to go on record and state SPECIFICALLY which contract houses have lowered thier wages? Or are you really just making this stuff up as you go along, just like your "pencil whipping" list?

If you go to www.aviationemployment.com you will see hundreds of positions open, at slightly higher wages than last year. Are you willing to go on record and state SPECIFICALLY which contract houses have lowered thier wages? Or are you really just making this stuff up as you go along, just like your "pencil whipping" list?

There is no excuse for being a SCAB...PERIOD! Like most other SCABs you won't likely be at one job very long. You can't leave too soon.

As a festering carbuncle on the rear end of progress, SCABs peregrinate the earth at the expense of good people.

Depart to a deep, dark destination never to return.

Latest posts