Attitude = Reality

Not if you play it right. It does get old sometimes then you just go home for a few months. The hardest part about this job is not being able to come and go as I please. Normally I would be home right now since Thanksgiving. I would be off for the next three weeks before I went back to work. Then I would work till June or July. Then I would go home till early September. I actully spend more time at home than most people with normal jobs. If you think that is pitiful try working offshore thirty days on and fourteen off. I lasted a whole four hitches. Sad and lonely comes in many forms Dea.
no need to worry about not being home, NWA is only a few weeks away from sending you and all your scabs home when the other three unions walk out on strike, effectively shutting down the airline.

For months now I have listened to the most vile slander that I have ever heard in my life regarding the Northwest strike, replacement workers and direction of the company. Everyone from the AMFA Mechanics on strike to the flight attendants seem to do nothing but complain. I am proud to admit that I am a replacement worker, further more, I am very proud of what I have accomplished. That being said, I have just one simple message to the overwhelming pessimestic masses. edited by moderator If you are so unhappy with the way things are going, quit and find another job. I learned along time ago that your focus and attitude will determine your reality. You were born with the ability to make decisions, you have the ability to effect your reality and the way I see it you have two choices. Quit complaining and be happy with what you have, or continue to complain and be misserable. Now I may be just unusual, but from where I'm sitting, anyone who chooses to live in self-induced missery has got some serious mental issues. If you don't like the way that things are going, leave, but for Gods sake SHUT UP!!!!!
:up:

You said a mouthfull Jet Tech.

Although I do believe that PTO's signature is wrong in saying "Majors" 135 is the "MAJORS" 121 is a JOKE. As I said in a previous post I can't believe what 121 guys are making. I think it is funny. I like to come here once and a while to get a good laugh and it works every time. I guess you pay peanuts you get monkies....

robbed you really should quit making predictions, I haven't seen you get one right yet.
and you have never met or seen me either. but what those unionized hard working people are going thru right now is very similar to what we went thru at USAIR. You wouldnt know what I am talking about because you are such a stuck up pro mgmt hard arse dude who doesnt see the damage that mgmt is doing to the other unions kike one person put it in anotherthread, JAN and/or Feb will be interesting and I have not made predictions, just the facts of what could happen and may very well occur

did NWA challenge that or no? I thought the strike began on the 19th of aug?

Yes they challenged and lost which made getting those checks just a bit sweeter. You are correct that the strike started on the 19th but the judge ruled that by NW making public via various sources that all mtc. at stations other then DTW and MSP was being outsourced that we were locked out as of the 20th.

Its almost as sweet as the letter i received from them saying they forgot to deduct my buddy passes i used the week before the strike from my final check. I responded back to take it out of my ESOP, still waiting for a reply from them on that one. :up:

The strike began at 2400 hrs on the 19th or 0000 hrs on the 20th. Start it on any day you want to.

Yep a date that PTO knows real well. The day he helped lower the wages and benefits of AMT's everywhere. A day PTO helped corporate America destroy the middle class. A day he cut his own throat for a free hotel room and a box of chinese tools. A day that will live in infamy.

Actually i received unemployment when i went on strike. The state of Illinois effectively ruled NW had locked us out on the 20th of August.

That's good news!

I have heard that the state of Oregon has now reversed it's decision, and is trying to force the AMT's reimburse the state for claims paid out.

Yep a date that PTO knows real well. The day he helped lower the wages and benefits of AMT's everywhere. A day PTO helped corporate America destroy the middle class. A day he cut his own throat for a free hotel room and a box of chinese tools. A day that will live in infamy.

That’s real cute Princess. Did you lay in bed all night thinking of me to come up with that? You guys paint a picture of me storming across the country, single handedly slashing wages and benefits for all the middle class. You guys set yourselves up for this and are continuing to do so for another dose. I have not seen nor heard of any unions restructuring or banning together to prevent this from happening again. You guys are going to just continue on as usual in you failing mission.