AUG/SEPT 2012 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a link over on the AA boards that said the APA just got a request from management to start negotiations again. I thought they didn't want the unions negotiated with during the time covered by the non-disclosure agreement?

Sounds like APA might be getting to them.

Driver...

Reactions: 2 people
I don't suppose any of these dingbats that throw the word "scab" around, are supporting the "scab" referees by attending or watching the NFL? :rolleyes:

The NFL referees are on strike?? Are the players playing??

Could bring a whole new meaning to "bad call".

PS. Let me know if the NBA gets labor issues. That would totally peg my I don't give a shiite meter.

What!? Not a "scab"?.....Are you feeling OK tonight? ;)

Feeling fine, thanks for asking...in reference to Claxhole's post...I have thought on what Silver will say, and it ain't as claxhole put it, "over".

Just getting started. There is an eternal LOA93 hell hole for the east to stew in as long as they want to renege on the Nic.

Silver will affirm the 9th, the TA and the company's liability for breach.

Reactions: 3 people
Feeling fine, thanks for asking...in reference to Claxhole's post...I have thought on what Silver will say, and it ain't as claxhole put it, "over".

Silver will affirm the 9th, the TA and the company's liability for breach.

Good. Being stuck in this labor squabble doesn't count to me as sufficent cause to seriously wish anyone ill health or harm...and it'll all pass in time anyway. ;) I'm not much convinced that any final answer will come from Judge Silver's court myself, and this could well drag on...not that such is any ideal situation.

We differ (not surprisingly) in your notion that the 9th indeed assigned ANY directly presumptive liability for supposed breach = not-the-nic. A ruling inclusive of noting that the nic might not be used, yet the issue would become ripe to litigate with a ratified contract, hardly equates to any "The nic is it!" ruling to my mind. Time and only time will tell the tale.....Who knows really? Nothing that ever comes forth from courtrooms truly surprises me anymore.

Good. Being stuck in this labor squabble doesn't count to me as sufficent cause to seriously wish anyone ill health or harm...and it'll all pass in time anyway. ;) I'm not much convinced that any final answer will come from Judge Silver's court myself, and this could well drag on...not that such is any ideal situation.

We differ (not surprisingly) in your notion that the 9th indeed assigned ANY directly presumptive liability for supposed breach = not-the-nic. A ruling inclusive of noting that the nic might not be used, yet the issue would become ripe to litigate with a ratified contract, hardly equates to any "The nic is it!" ruling to my mind. Time and only time will tell the tale.....Who knows really? Nothing that ever comes forth from courtrooms truly surprises me anymore.

True that the legal system will conclude this squabble, but the only reason that we are in this is because the former US Air pilots continued refusal to honor the final & binding seniority integration.

Add to that the sting from the past two administrations by means of RICO and "address-gate". This while we (AWA pilots) are forced to pay dues to USAPA under fear of termination (thus helping to fund USAPA's agenda).

If the former US Air pilots refuse to accept the Nicolau seniority list, then then next thing they ought to do is suspend the AWA pilot dues until this "squabble" is complete. What say you?

Reactions: 3 people
If the former US Air pilots refuse to accept the Nicolau seniority list, then then next thing they ought to do is suspend the AWA pilot dues until this "squabble" is complete. What say you?

I've no union position nor any power to act on such a notion in any case but; I'd personally say that your group, whilst merrily striving to usurp many years of others' work lives...well...have made of yourselves a rather understandably unsympathetic cause out east. It's been and is continually made extremely clear that this enmity flows both ways. I certainly disagreed with the elevation of legal action to the attempted level of a criminal rico prosecution...but again...no small number out west, because of their actions (phone jamming/"mailings"/etc), most certainly were fully deserving of some unkind attention....to say the least.

The west contingent largely tried to avoid paying legally required dues in the first place....and only complied when facing firings. This too failed to impress me personally, as it's my belief that anyone holding truly principled objections should carry them out to whatever ending ever takes place. Had you gents and ladies stood as a group, gone all-in with the issue, taken your chances and simply said "screw you!..fire us all then!"...you would have earned my honest respect...but...you didn't, and instead, folded up entirely on the issue. If it's your feeling that witholding dues is again appropriate...well...it's really none of my business to suggest what to do.

Seriously; just how much of a free ride through life should anyone truly feel entitled to? ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.