AUG/SEPT 2012 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And everything changes by you not changing. Ironic. Silver and LCC moved on without Leonidas and West pilots. As did the East.

LCC moved on?? Really???

That remains to be seen.

How about we wait for the final ruling, then give it a week to see what LCC does.

Reactions: 3 people
So, it is LOA93 until either usapa comes to the table with the NIc,

......and while doing so put the financial well being of the company at risk if they lose. or, they can tell uspa to take a flying effin leap.

I am thinking usapa will see the company make the second choice.

1) I'd merely observe that the mou that was floating around did nothing to confirm, much less establish the nic, nothing whatsoever. This was a potential agreement between the union and the company. This, to me, rather strongly suggests that your first premise is necessarily faulty. I submit my admittedly cynical opinion that this whole business with the attempt at a declaratory judgment was little more than an obvious delay tactic from team tempe, and did not at all necessarily reflect any huge degree of concern per issues of potential liability. We can both only guess at what company thought was truly put into the process.

2) As no contract in contemporary times can ever be made truly free from possible, subsequent litigation; I'd again suggest the presence of demonstrated flaws in that logic. Neither of us really expected to see any freedom from suit come forth from the court. To assume that the company, were it to demand the nic, would magically become free from any/all post ratifcation legal issues is again an unreasonable notion. In this "Best of All Possible Worlds" we inhabit...well...it's pretty much obvious that were we to shop courts around; we'd likely find one that would even accept suit against the sun for it's rising in the morning, versus the evening. ;) I believe, in order to accept your argument here; one must assume that even with two courts now ruling that the nic need not indeed be the final product, that there still exists an overwhelming company concern for post contract ratification liability. If such truly exists at all; neither of us can now know to what extent it would effect company decisions. (Then too; were this matter not left in the hands of the representing union...well..since when does the company otherwise determine pilot seniority...and how it must be done?) IF...a large if indeed, management sees any real need for an agreement with the pilot groups for use in pursuing a merger...well...again; we simply can't do more than guess at what they're willing to do for such. The previously referenced mou would suggest precious little immediate concern for a nic-or-nothing contract.....to say the very least. It must also be fairly noted that said mou was put forth prior to the proceedings in Judge Silver's courtroom.

Reactions: 1 person
East..

The fact of the matter is that no court to date has ruled on the "thorny question", except the one where the jury found usapa guilty.

Bottom line is that we are going to find out if this is a legitimate scam to loophole binding arbitration.

No court to date has given the Seeham scab plan its blessing. No court to date has ruled that by changing bargaining agents you get to disregard present contracts. In fact their is SCOTUS precedent saying usapa has to abide by the TA.

So, it is LOA93 until either usapa comes to the table with the NIc, or the company is willing to stick its neck out and test whether or not there is a loophole for unions to screw people and corporations over if they do not like arbitration results.

So, for the company, they can either help usapa prove that usapa and any union can screw them over in the future just by holding representation elections, and while doing so put the financial well being of the company at risk if they lose. or, they can tell uspa to take a flying effin leap.

I am thinking usapa will see the company make the second choice.
In fact their is SCOTUS precedent saying usapa has to abide by the TA, REALLY? Didn't hear MARTY mention it, never brought up in front of WAKE! Write those checks now, your going to need some serious dinero, moving forward!

Nic4. They will deal with the organization Judge Silver said they would. That is USAPA, not the Marty Harper Wayward Boys Thief Club. You can take that to the bank. Face it, your Nic went up in flames yesterday.

Judge Silver gave usapa the go ahead to try and negotiate a compromise. The company flat out told Silver that the company does not negotiate seniority, they accept what the union gives them (which they already have done and that list is the Nic). The company is not going to negotiate seniority.

usapa is not going to try to negotiate with LCC, usapa is going to try to negotiate with the West. Problem for usapa is AOL is not the West, and AOL is committed to the NIc at LCC, or making a boatload of money from LCC when they collude with the scab union in its DFR.

So, that leaves usapa to negotiate with themselves. Go ahead, knock yourselves out.

Before you open your ignorant pie hole again, you ought to do a little fact checking.

Here is the facts...jack...

usapa is by SCOTUS precedence and RLA law the inheritor of our CBAs.
Our CBAs call for an integration process that was followed to completion.
The "binding" in binding arbitration means it don't go away. The West can bring the NIc into any courtroom from here on out, plus any SLI in any future merger. usapa's scab plan...not so much.

Reactions: 4 people
Did HP Early hire nic4 and Move? Did these guys go beyond 10 th grade? The comprehension is honestly just not there.

1) I'd merely observe that the mou that was floating around did nothing to confirm, much less establish the nic, nothing whatsoever. This was a potential agreement between the union and the company. This, to me, rather strongly suggests that your first premise is necessarily faulty. I submit my admittedly cynical opinion that this whole business with the attempt at a declaratory judgment was little more than an obvious delay tactic from team tempe, and did not at all necessarily reflect any huge degree of concern per issues of potential liability. We can both only guess at what company thought was truly put into the process.

2) As no contract in contemporary times can ever be made truly free from possible, subsequent litigation; I'd again suggest the presence of demonstrated flaws in that logic. Neither of us really expected to see any freedom from suit come forth from the court. To assume that the company, were it to demand the nic, would magically become free from any/all post ratifcation legal issues is again an unreasonable notion. In this "Best of All Possible Worlds" we inhabit...well...it's pretty much obvious that were we to shop courts around; we'd likely find one that would even accept suit against the sun for it's rising in the morning, versus the evening. ;) I believe, in order to accept your argument here; one must assume that even with two courts now ruling that the nic need not indeed be the final product, that there still exists an overwhelming company concern for post contract ratification liability. If such truly exists at all; neither of us can now know to what extent it would effect company decisions. (Then too; were this matter not left in the hands of the representing union...well..since when does the company otherwise determine pilot seniority...and how it must be done?) IF...a large if indeed, management sees any real need for an agreement with the pilot groups for use in pursuing a merger...well...again; we simply can't do more than guess at what they're willing to do for such. The previously referenced mou would suggest precious little immediate concern for a nic-or-nothing contract.....to say the very least. It must also be fairly noted that said mou was put forth prior to the proceedings in Judge Silver's courtroom.

1. (a) I do not recall exactly what the MOU said on seniority integration...other than it would be covered by McCaskill/Bond. I also recall this being a big deal for the east that had to be reassured that usapa's (not the MOUs) position is still the stated DOH in C&BLs. So, the MOU made no mention, and guess what...it will be the NIc and the APA list.

1. (b)The company has stated in court that they feel they are contractually committed to the NIc, and that they fear the West's lawsuit in the event the Nic is not used. Could be a delay tactic, but I doubt it. Delay is just a bonus that they get to pocket while it all works its way to the eventual Nic implementation.

2. My point is that LCC has zero interest in proving that a union can renege on an arbitration. To put LCC at risk of a hybrid DFR so that usapa can prove that usapa has found an unlikely way to renege on binding arbitration....(when in fact it is the opinion of most lawyers that usapa is FOS), would be a gross dereliction of their fiduciary duties. Simply stated, LCC ain't going to stick their neck out to prove unions can renege on deal by holding a representational election.

Did HP Early hire nic4 and Move? Did these guys go beyond 10 th grade? The comprehension is honestly just not there.

Somebody like to explain to me how to archive a post?

Ahh, never mind, this loser is wrong so often I can just go back a page or two to find him stepping in it.

Judge Silver gave usapa the go ahead to try and negotiate a compromise. The company flat out told Silver that the company does not negotiate seniority, they accept what the union gives them (which they already have done and that list is the Nic). The company is not going to negotiate seniority.

usapa is not going to try to negotiate with LCC, usapa is going to try to negotiate with the West. Problem for usapa is AOL is not the West, and AOL is committed to the NIc at LCC, or making a boatload of money from LCC when they collude with the scab union in its DFR.

So, that leaves usapa to negotiate with themselves. Go ahead, knock yourselves out.

Before you open your ignorant pie hole again, you ought to do a little fact checking.

Here is the facts...jack...

usapa is by SCOTUS precedence and RLA law the inheritor of our CBAs.
Our CBAs call for an integration process that was followed to completion.
The "binding" in binding arbitration means it don't go away. The West can bring the NIc into any courtroom from here on out, plus any SLI in any future merger. usapa's scab plan...not so much.
Between the 9th and JUDGE silver and all the money you pay MARTY, you need some definition recognition!

How about we wait for the final ruling, then give it a week to see what LCC does.

Per the company's notions? That much seems entirely reasonable. Excuse the lack of response to your other posts at present, but it's past time to bail for now and head out into some real world commitments again. Have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.