August 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
American pilots back merger, such courage. If the merger goes through, american pilots get 100,000 each in equity. No pay cuts. No furloughs. Pension.

If the merger is not approved, apa pilots do not get 100,000 equity. They will have their pay cut. There will be furloughed pilots and they will lose their pension.

apa pilots are for the merger, how existential.
Claxon....as an AMR employee all work groups have an equity stake in the pre merger AMR .....All work groups had their pensions frozen....All this is a result of section 1113 negotiations....the pensions and equity stakes have absolutely nothing to do with this merger!

Reactions: 2 people
Claxon....as an AMR employee all work groups have an equity stake in the pre merger AMR .....All work groups had their pensions frozen....All this is a result of section 1113 negotiations....the pensions and equity stakes have absolutely nothing to do with this merger!

Claxon listens to the voices in his head and avoids the facts.

Reactions: 3 people
Great post describing Us Airways management vs pilot in command decisions.

Nice job in being tactful to the west pilots who have no understanding of wide body aircraft procedures because they have none and will not for many years.

Stop playing games Clax. Are you a fuel skool dropout? You're about as dumb as they come.

There are times as Bob points out that doing a three-engine taxi with the added thrust of an APU may be a good idea depending on certain factors. Taking out an USA Today as a ploy to run off paying passengers to use as a bargaining chip with the company was thought up by idiots.

As a result you get the Cactus call sign.

Choke on it.

Reactions: 4 people
Dangerous situation. an airline ceo offerning american pilots 100,000 dollars equity and west pilots super seniority if they see things the "company way."
APA pilots earned that 100k. You earned nothing. The West is owed a fair process for SLI. Your DOH sham is DOA. Frankly, you know you're lucky just to have held onto a job after multiple BK and furloughs. Your raw jealousy of the APA pilots is very befitting an Easthole.

Reactions: 8 people
It's really to do more with the bonehead things we see on a regular basis. You mention the FOM. It seems some of you are not familiar with certain procedures in the FOM which can make some people like FFDO's very jumpy.

This is an incident recently reported

"Another Eastie story.
Flying today and we had an Eastie FO on the JS. Did a lav break and he went first. See the lav light go out and get up waiting for him to call to be let back in. Nope! the moron uses the key pad and we get the warning beeps. Captain calls back and 1st had no idea he used the pad as her back was turned. I let him in with a "we don't do that here" comment and go do my thing. When back up front _____ has been given him an ass chewing and he uses the excuse that he doesn't know how to work the phone intercom from the back, despite being on the bus. The rookie chick's enlightened him."

"The stories are true. This stuff is happening back there as they seem to think it is ok to make up their own procedures."

"I have had easties tell me the way we do the bathroom breaks is not how they do it in the east. That was totally unacceptable. Good job educating him."

"Same thing happened to me a few years back except the Capt. and I went first and used proper procedure to let back onto the flight deck, then the east hole went back and used the same procedure you just described, used the key pad to try to let him self in. They're nothing but a bunch of jerk off's pretending they're the most professional aviators in the business."
Ahh, the high and mighty West pilots! So, what's the story you can spin to tell us about the West Cpt who misplaced her ID while on an overnight in DEN. Instead of contacting dispatch or anyone in the company to straighten things out and continue via alternate means, she called in sick and cancelled the full redeye flight? Integrity, my butt! breeze

Reactions: 7 people

I wouldn't be too sure about that...

If this merger is ultimately abandoned due to the DOJ objections, do think AMR will just say ok, we do this alone with everything as-is?

If the merger fails, AMR will have to go back to the BK court and come up with a whole new plan. My bet is they come back for further pay and benefit cuts under a new plan. Remember, the initial proposed cuts by AMR were much deeper until Parker came along to "buy" the labor groups support. Not to mention the countless millions of dollars spent on the merger by AMR that now must be calculated into a new plan.

I think with no merger, both companies will survive, but I think both companies will be much better off with a merger...

I wouldn't be too sure about that...

If this merger is ultimately abandoned due to the DOJ objections, do think AMR will just say ok, we do this alone with everything as-is?

If the merger fails, AMR will have to go back to the BK court and come up with a whole new plan. My bet is they come back for further pay and benefit cuts under a new plan. Remember, the initial proposed cuts by AMR were much deeper until Parker came along to "buy" the labor groups support. Not to mention the countless millions of dollars spent on the merger by AMR that now must be calculated into a new plan.

I think with no merger, both companies will survive, but I think both companies will be much better off with a merger...

I would think that the equity stake they received (100k) would stay the same. You may be right though, since it's not set in stone if the merger is called off. The things that seem clear are that if the merger fails, the AA employees will lose pay and some their jobs. We on the other hand will see our pay raises evaporate and have our long term future dimmed. Let's all hope that it goes through. Just don't go out and buy that new car yet :) Pushing the old one to get it started is good exercise, right???

Bean

Reactions: 1 person
APA pilots earned that 100k. You earned nothing. The West is owed a fair process for SLI. Your DOH sham is DOA. Frankly, you know you're lucky just to have held onto a job after multiple BK and furloughs. Your raw jealousy of the APA pilots is very befitting an Easthole.

Forgetting the west 2 bankruptcies again aren't we?
Waiting to see the A332 run CLT PHX CLT soon. Prechillil can stop by for a sniff.

Forgetting the west 2 bankruptcies again aren't we?
Waiting to see the A332 run CLT PHX CLT soon. Prechillil can stop by for a sniff.

There would have actually had to have been 2 bankruptcies to remember them.

AWA file once, and emerged, it went on to buy the twice bankrupt usairways in a merger in 2005.

PS. The company filed doc-197 motion to intervene......and AMR filed doc-196 requesting amicus status with the court.

Funny thing about both filings....they totally agree with the AOL position, and once again the scab union is blasted in legal filings.

Looks like ole Phoenic, and RR are also on the wrong side of the argument. My bet is ustupid gets shut down fast after the merger.

Reactions: 5 people

Got to disagree with you Metro....

These uscaba supporters have earned something....and They are fully entitled to every bit of what they have coming!

There would have actually had to have been 2 bankruptcies to remember them.

AWA file once, and emerged, it went on to buy the twice bankrupt usairways in a merger in 2005.

PS. The company filed doc-197 motion to intervene......and AMR filed doc-196 requesting amicus status with the court.

Funny thing about both filings....they totally agree with the AOL position, and once again the scab union is blasted in legal filings.

Looks like ole Phoenic, and RR are also on the wrong side of the argument. My bet is ustupid gets shut down fast after the merger.

The 9th has a petition for writ of mandamus because the lower court (Silver) is intending to go to trial to issue an advisory opinion regarding what USAPA's negotiating position on pilot seniority should be in the event the merger proceeds. The funny thing is that any such advisory opinion is indisputably moot unless there is a merger. Of course we all must admit that any such advisory opinion would indeed appear useful in the event the merger is approved and proceeds according to the MOU.... Which is a real possibility... However, (and don't miss the implicit humor in USAPA's writ) even if (or even when) the merger is approved, Silver's opinion would still merely be advisory, a violation of Article III. An advisory opinion that is moot (if there is no merger) is a colossal waste of time, but worse, an advisory opinion issued in violation of Article III (that would have impact in the event of the merger) will cause irreparable harm to the defendant.

The companies can file all they want, but their additional docs don't change the fact there is no harm to the plaintiffs (and in case you missed it, you should figure out why USAPA referred to the "plaintiffs" as "the opposition interposed by Real Parties in Interest"... :D (DktEntry: 6-1)

Reactions: 2 people
Hey east pot-heads, what do you make of AMR's comment:

3. Because the MOU is a significant component of its merger plan, American has a significant interest in protecting its timetables and specific agreements from collateral attack, or from any unintended conflict, that might arise in the context of this action. Moreover, American has a significant interest in seeing to it that the US Airways seniority dispute at the heart of this case is resolved promptly so that it does not complicate or interfere with the seniority integration work to be accomplished as a result of the American/US Airways merger.

Reactions: 5 people
Sure seems there isn't going to be a sit down three way according to American's vision.
Nope. Just the Nic between east and west followed by the MOU planned seniority integration between APA and USAPA.

You stupid suckers!!! HA HA HA HA HA
And 76% of you clowns actually believed Parker and the MOU when they said "not to infer it means implementation of the NIC"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No, the Nic won't be implemented, just accepted and used for the APA integration!

Status
Not open for further replies.