August 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your fake union is owned and operated by fanatical bunch of utter idiots. They FK things up in ways originally considered an impossibility. I love it. I feel another nosedive into madness and lunacy in the Works...maybe they'll wheel out the corpse of Cleary.

I don't believe you love it at all. Whoever is piloting this ship don't forget you're on board like it or not. Besides, I don't think the union has done anything foolish or irrational since the safety campaign. The process has been ugly at times, but the end result has been tempered in my opinion.

P.S. if you think it a fake union, shouldn't bother you at all paying fake dues.

Reactions: 1 person
It's also my understanding that any effort to replace chairmanships will be called out of order since the BPR cannot appoint, only approve or disapprove such positions. Only the president appoints.

Any effort to redo the MOU is fine by me, provided the original remains as a safety net. Don't try for something better and jeopardize what has already been ratified. Like I said, this particular rumor I cannot substantiate, maybe someone else has more info.

I cannot remember but I think the guys name is Taylor, maybe PHL maybe DCA rep or something?

Anyway, this usapa rep thinks uscaba can just withdraw from the MOU if things do not go the east's way in Silver's court. He is of course entirely wrong, and there will be no redo of the MOU, certainly not with the current MOU as a fall back position.

If the BPR has a called meeting, don't they publish an agenda? Why not post that as evidence of your hyperbole and conjecture about a circus.... Otherwise you risk appearing as the first jester... Did someone hire you? Full disclosure please. :D

Hey, update your preferences so you are not left out of these messages! :) From Friday, here you go:

BPR Third Quarter Regular Meeting Reminder

In accordance with the USAPA Constitution & Bylaws Article V Section 3 and USAPA UOM Section 3 Paragraph I.a.1, the third quarter Meeting of the Board of Pilot Representatives will commence at 0900 on Thursday, September 26, 2013, and conclude at 1700 on Friday September 27, 2013 or at the conclusion of business. The meeting will be held at the USAPA Offices in Charlotte.

The agenda for this meeting is (not in order of business to be conducted):
  1. Approval of past meeting minutes
  2. Officer reports
  3. Briefing by Gary Van Hartogh on EAP Program (Thursday)
  4. Briefing by CAPA EVP Larry Rooney
  5. Briefing by Grievance Committee on 3% raise issue and TA-10 violation (Friday)
  6. Briefing by NAC
  7. Briefing by Merger Committee
  8. Professional Negotiator Roland Wilder discussion on future negotiations
  9. Pat Szymanski briefing on PHX court progress
  10. Briefing by Government Affairs Committee on recent merger events in Washington, D.C., and HR 2697, The Airline Pilot Pension Fairness Act
  11. BPR discussion on actions required to cancel former USAPA President Mike Cleary’s claim and registration of the “USAPA” trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
  12. UOM Committee Report
  13. BPR Resolutions (see subject matter below)
USAPA Communications

Subject matter of resolutions for consideration:
  • Term of office of the USAPA President after disqualifying medical event
  • Evaluation of Communication Committee and staffing
  • Evaluation of Negotiating Advisory Committee and Staffing
  • Evaluation of Scope Committee and Staffing
  • Evaluation of Business Intelligence Committee and Staffing
  • Access to financial, membership, and records data by BPR members and officers
  • FAR 117 Flight Time Duty time education
  • Independent Legal Counsel to the USAPA Board of Pilot Representatives
  • ALL pilots represented by USAPA receive all email and communication unless a pilot opts "out"
RR

I cannot remember but I think the guys name is Taylor, maybe PHL maybe DCA rep or something?

Anyway, this usapa rep thinks uscaba can just withdraw from the MOU if things do not go the east's way in Silver's court. He is of course entirely wrong, and there will be no redo of the MOU, certainly not with the current MOU as a fall back position.

You already tried at least one other coy story about John Taylor here, and were quickly called on it being made up. In about 30 seconds you can log on to the USAPA member site and see who the reps are..or maybe you cannot. RR

There lies the fallacy. There will be no redo of the Nic or the MOU. We've taken this whole Usapa internal dispute external. It's going to be tyranny of the minority until from this point forward.

It's time for payback.

It's also my understanding that any effort to replace chairmanships will be called out of order since the BPR cannot appoint, only approve or disapprove such positions. Only the president appoints.

Any effort to redo the MOU is fine by me, provided the original remains as a safety net. Don't try for something better and jeopardize what has already been ratified. Like I said, this particular rumor I cannot substantiate, maybe someone else has more info.

[font="Arial""]1984, you are correct about the Committee members. Even found with a dead body or a live boy they cannot be removed by the BPR. McKee has been there long enough to know better. This is nothing but an exit flourish soon to be followed by their last update decrying the failure of the union and their baton pass to Courtney Borman. (thanks CLT, 38% participation in the election.) As to any idea of changing the MOU..first of all, who cares, there is no merger, it is meaningless. Were a glimmer of real hope (not manufactured by the same press that asks "what route do you fly") to emerge as to the merger happening, the MOU is safe. The MOU is ratified contract with the USAPA pilot members. It would take a new vote to even attempt to change anything in the MOU. RR[/font]

There lies the fallacy. There will be no redo of the Nic or the MOU. We've taken this whole Usapa internal dispute external. It's going to be tyranny of the minority until from this point forward.

It's time for payback.

The MOU the West Class ratified by 98% on advice of legal counsel and LEO does not allow the NIC or DOH specifically. Which will prevail in your "redo" logic, the NIC or the MOU? As to the tyranny of any minority, that would be the one that is the second worst compensated pilot group in the USA. Payback indeed. Keep punching yourself in the face, it does not seem to be working out for you, minority and all that. RR

Reactions: 2 people
Your fake union is owned and operated by fanatical bunch of utter idiots. They FK things up in ways originally considered an impossibility. I love it. I feel another nosedive into madness and lunacy in the Works...maybe they'll wheel out the corpse of Cleary.

The whole USAPA experiment was doomed from the start. No deep thinkers at the top, just morons who hired attorneys who were more than happy to take their money and feed on their fantasies.

If you scored below an 79 on the Stanford-Binet Intelligence scale you most likely wore a yellow lanyard at some point in the recent history.

Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale, Fourth Edition (S-B IV) 1986 classification IQ Range ("deviation IQ") IQ Classification 132 and above Very superior 121–131 Superior 111–120 High average 89–110 Average 79–88 Low average 68–78

Slow learner 67 or below Mentally retarded

How does your Usapian rate?

Claxon, you get a below.

Congrats :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
The MOU the West Class ratified by 98% on advice of legal counsel and LEO does not allow the NIC or DOH specifically. Which will prevail in your "redo" logic, the NIC or the MOU? As to the tyranny of any minority, that would be the one that is the second worst compensated pilot group in the USA. Payback indeed. Keep punching yourself in the face, it does not seem to be working out for you, minority and all that. RR

We own you RR.

Sincerely,

Leonidas

The whole USAPA experiment was doomed from the start. No deep thinkers at the top, just morons who hired attorneys who were more than happy to take their money and feed on their fantasies.

If you scored below an 88 on the Stanford-Binet Intelligence scale you most likely wore a yellow lanyard at some point in the recent history.

Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale, Fourth Edition (S-B IV) 1986 classification IQ Range ("deviation IQ") IQ Classification 132 and above Very superior 121–131 Superior 111–120 High average 89–110 Average 79–88 Low average 68–78

Slow learner 67 or below Mentally retarded

How does your Usapian rate?

Claxon, you get a below.

Congrats :lol:

Kicked the largest pilot union in the world off the property for eternity and brought about changes in its merger policy. Kept the NIC off the property for going on 8 years. All without deep thinkers. Maybe I will cange my avatar to "Jack Handy." RR

Reactions: 6 people
Kicked the largest pilot union in the world off the property for eternity and brought about changes in its merger policy. Kept the NIC off the property for going on 8 years. All without deep thinkers. Maybe I will cange my avatar to "Jack Handy." RR

Correction.

Let's make that 78 or below.

Reactions: 3 people
Speaking of circus. The BPR meeting this week should be a doozie. Might have to go just to watch the fireworks. On the agenda is Hummel's health issue and legal fitness to serve. Reliable source also say a coup is in the works. An effort to replace certain committee chairmen will liven things up. The icing on the cake is a redo of the MOU. Although this rumor is less reliable, apparently the same faction that didn't like the MOU the first time is about to make another attempt since, according to them, we left far too much on the table.

I hope they allow beer and popcorn.
If the BPR has a called meeting, don't they publish an agenda? Why not post that as evidence of your hyperbole and conjecture about a circus.... Otherwise you risk appearing as the first jester... Did someone hire you? Full disclosure please. :D
Now that's a naive response. Yes, the USAPA update did mention the Hummel issue as being on the agenda. But as you should very well know, the union does not post updates on internal disputes, at least not yet. We all know that there is a Hummel camp and another one opposed to his governance which is actively working to prevail. Or do you deny this? And BTW, I attended the June BPR meeting and watched them spend two full days trying to decide how to allocate the signing bonus. The only thing missing was circus music in the background.

You should have a little more confidence in the intellect of your fellow pilots. I don't know about others, but I am insulted by folks that need to characterize fellow pilots in an attempt to manipulate things. Why not just discuss the issues? Pilots get to vote for who they want and disparaging elected reps is really an attack on the majority that elected them.

Rather than promoting a circus atmosphere by advertising an upcoming appearance of clowns, why not pick out an issue or two on the agenda and then rationally make a point? :)

1984, you are correct about the Committee members. Even found with a dead body or a live boy they cannot be removed by the BPR. McKee has been there long enough to know better. This is nothing but an exit flourish soon to be followed by their last update decrying the failure of the union and their baton pass to Courtney Borman. (thanks CLT, 38% participation in the election.) As to any idea of changing the MOU..first of all, who cares, there is no merger, it is meaningless. Were a glimmer of real hope (not manufactured by the same press that asks "what route do you fly") to emerge as to the merger happening, the MOU is safe. The MOU is ratified contract with the USAPA pilot members. It would take a new vote to even attempt to change anything in the MOU. RR
Well that certainly says a lot coming from a super hero! You know In the polls since after the depo's your boy star give it away GARY will not be look'n so shiny, like the star you portray him! Bust on MCKEE all you want my friend, bottom line, he was elected and free to do as he chooses, the fact you don't agree well so be it! Gary on the other hand, your live boy? Damage control? All lost to a failed merger and no plan B at CACTUSAIRWAYS. MM!

Bust on MCKEE all you want my friend, bottom line, he was elected and free to do as he chooses, the fact you don't agree well so be it!

Noted. Both elected and both free to do "as they choose?" Really? They do really differ in one area particualar. McKee is in office for less than 2 weeks (and then can continue to do as he chooses.) Hummell is gone in a little less than two years. Have a great week MM! RR

Status
Not open for further replies.