August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping CB or PRez can provide an update on the next scheduled US contract negotiations. In light of the recent co - representation agreement... will there be TWU representatives present for the next round of US negotiations? Just curious.

Hoping CB or PRez can provide an update on the next scheduled US contract negotiations. In light of the recent co - representation agreement... will there be TWU representatives present for the next round of US negotiations? Just curious.

Ograc,

We meet with the Company in ORD this coming week. This is a contract for US not AA employees, so no TWU members will be present. If the alliance is ratified integration negotiations by the IAM and TWU would start sometime soon after.

P. Rez

Ograc,

We meet with the Company in ORD this coming week. This is a contract for US not AA employees, so no TWU members will be present. If the alliance is ratified integration negotiations by the IAM and TWU would start sometime soon after.

P. Rez
Hopefully, any alliance isn't ratified anytime soon with our pending negotiations and wanting a fair shake. No sense in rushing things. regards,

Reactions: 3 people
I hope things go well for them , ill miss our new friends.
Most of them are leads who accepted the PHX position only because of full-time hours, and anyone who has been a lead in PHX knows it to be a lousy, stressful and thankless job. Level 3 performance write-ups are common which becomes a possible blessing in disguise as they drop down to full-time ramp positions. People who aren't from PHX probably consider it to be a craphole and the others don't know any better.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought you guys were saying they'd stay in PHX. You guys were saying that they like it there, they can get or drop whatever hours they want, and they don't want to come back as LAS is viewed as "uncertain".

The Level 3 thing isn't new. Leads and lead qualified agents got trapped, being pulled constantly. They got sick of it, tried to stop it, and the company said no. There was serveral people who INTENTIALLY got their discipline up so the company was forced to remove them. A bit of just deserts for Fleet, unfortunatly it comes at the cost of rampers being disciplined. You'd think the company would try to develop quality retention, but they don't care.

As a side note, while the number of recalled PT agents is supposed to be 3, I anticipate the actual spots being 7-10 due to FT agents displaced to PT going back to FT.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought you guys were saying they'd stay in PHX. You guys were saying that they like it there, they can get or drop whatever hours they want, and they don't want to come back as LAS is viewed as "uncertain".

The Level 3 thing isn't new. Leads and lead qualified agents got trapped, being pulled constantly. They got sick of it, tried to stop it, and the company said no. There was serveral people who INTENTIALLY got their discipline up so the company was forced to remove them. A bit of just deserts for Fleet, unfortunatly it comes at the cost of rampers being disciplined. You'd think the company would try to develop quality retention, but they don't care.

As a side note, while the number of recalled PT agents is supposed to be 3, I anticipate the actual spots being 7-10 due to FT agents displaced to PT going back to FT.
That's pretty much as I expect it too... few FT agents will be actually leaving because I have heard there are still a sizable number of LAS FT agents who were downgraded into PT positions, so they would have probably have higher seniority. Of course, there could be displaced FT agents who accepted FT positions elsewhere and of higher seniority than the aforementioned downgraded PT people who stayed. While without a doubt, there are people who don't trust Corporate not to furlough them again after returning to LAS, many have had enough of PHX Management and willing to take a chance. Someone told me there were around 150 former LAS agents in PHX, so 30 of them ready to make the change isn't a huge percentage, and who knows how many there are in other stations? I wouldn't expect those recalled positions to get below 13 years even for PT, based upon my discussions with some LAS guys.

At best I think there's only 2-3 LAS people in PHX that have even a remote chance of coming back with this batch, assuming the calls aren't complete already. They would be PT, not FT, but likely displaced FT employees. Lot's of analyses of the senority lists lately, with moltiiple possible outcomes depending on choices made by individuals. For example, person #4 might be assumed to not take the recall due to other employment, person #6 might stay PT, person #9 might decline PT and wait for FT, #11 might just not want to come back from a displacement. Not specific persons BTW, just examples of how many ways outcomes can change just based on 12 spots opening.

Looking at things, I'm reasonably confident at saying that this batch will have the junior PT and FT agents with 1998 hire dates. I think the next recall, whenever that may be, will get that down to 1999, MAYBE 2000 if it's big enough, but that's a LONG shot. Of course these are just my opinions, so I'll offer another one. I think the LAS furlough list will be cleared before the four years expires it in 2015.

I think for the short term, that being AFTER the merger is COMPLETED, things will stay the same or therre will be slight reductions. One huge factor for furloughs is that any furlough that happens after we're one big happy family may see many AA agents get furloughed prior to anyone from US. I believe AA has actually hired recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts