B6, New Cities ??????????

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/19/2002 12:22:57 AM G4G5 wrote:

I purchased a non stop ISP to HOU over the summer for my aunt. Maybe they CXed the route but they were flying it(recently)
----------------
[/blockquote]
WN has never served ISP - HOU nonstop. You may have purchased a direct flight, which they still offer, but no nonstops.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/18/2002 6:18:00 PM JFK777 wrote:

If you go to SDQ don't forget Casa DE Campo/ La Romana. The Virgin Islands would be nice too. How about ST. Maarten?
----------------
[/blockquote]

St. Thomas could work best, because it is domestic.

Santo Domingo would be great. It would especially be appreciated from FLL, which has no SDQ service despite a large Dominican population. Plus, the Dominican Republic is a hot, hot market right now. However, the fact that it is international brings up problems.

DTW has competition to/from NY - Spirit and American Eagle fly nonstop to LGA, and Continental offers competition to EWR... fares are already low (right now about $120 roundtrip). There may be room for JetBlue as well, but the yields aren't that high

[P]SDQ [STRONG]will [/STRONG]be the next Caribbean destination for JetBlue. ORD is just about at the top of the most wanted list for JetBlue. BOS also, but less likely to happen. Texas will probably get a flight before the end of 2003, but no decision has been made yet on which city. I have heard SAT mentioned along with, believe it or not, DFW of all places.[/P]
[P]Personally, I don't think that DFW makes a lot of sense for JetBlue even if AA is in bad shape financially. That's just my two cents worth. [/P]

I also believe that a destination in the Carolinas is on the radar scope. Whether or not it will be CLT will depend on whether JFK-CLT would appear to be targeting US Airways. B6 tends to stay out of markets that are being served by faultering carriers, as it is politically incorrect with the pols to seem like they are trying to put someone out of business (hence the reason there is no JFK-LAS service due to the situation at National). SDQ is supposedly a go... or so I hear. I have also heard rumblings about JFK-PDX, but that was earlier in the summer.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/18/2002 6:15:50 PM JFK777 wrote:

Jet Blue should serve Montreal and Toronto plus Ottawa and Quebec City. Since they fly to Burlington and upstate New York this would just be a continuation of their business model.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I'm not so sure that they've included BTV and SYR willingly as part of their business model. The upstate cities are payback for JFK slot rule exemptions, as I believe BTV is. BUF is doing quite well, ROC has held steady at 4 trips, but I've heard on other boards awhile back that SYR hadn't been doing that well (thus the cut from three to two trips a day).

I agree they should give JFK-PDX a try -- at least one of their late evening outbounds/red-eye inbounds with an otherwise idle RON a/c to see what it does. I would test YVR the same way.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/21/2002 2:19:06 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

FLL transcons huh? That ought to really make AA's day!
----------------
[/blockquote]

It sure will. AA has a monopoly on transcons from FLL, with two daily and popular services to Los Angeles. FLL is way underserved to the West Coast. jetBlue's Long Beach-Ft. Lauderdale flights, which are supposed to start 6 January 2003, will be much welcomed.

It would be difficuly for B6 to do JFK-SDQ being as T6 doesnt have customs. I know that at YYZ you clear US customs there so that way AC can fly to places like HPN and LGA. Does SDQ have the same set up?