B747 Crew Rest Area

Euro Meatball

Apr 8, 2010
:blink: There seems to be a regular issue concerning bugs biteing in the crew rest area on UA 747.
It would only to affect the crew rest area, and it would seem to be mainly on flights in/out of SFO.
Is there a super bug that attacks F/A in SFO.
Any bio- brainy types out there can explain this ???

:blink: There seems to be a regular issue concerning bugs biteing in the crew rest area on UA 747.
It would only to affect the crew rest area, and it would seem to be mainly on flights in/out of SFO.

Is this in the F/A crew rest area? My guess it is related to a specific aircraft, not SFO. I have not heard of any complaints. If there is an issue it should be written up so it can be addresses by maintenance.

Is this in the F/A crew rest area? My guess it is related to a specific aircraft, not SFO. I have not heard of any complaints. If there is an issue it should be written up so it can be addresses by maintenance.
It is ,,,somebody even tried a 'Drop Dead'(no fix -no go) a couple of weeks ago... My leader had to explain that when we had found somebody was appoved to do this work -FAA approved that is, come and pick up the A/C the next day. The flight lost the usual 6 business class seats . To us, it seems to be 747 fleetwise and in general in/out of SFO. It's a standing joke among the local MX... we think it's the access to the crew rest area.
Ahhh gone are the happy days when,and if, the F/A were allowed to rest, it was on the jump seat.:D

I read an article a month or so ago saying that the bedbug problem is growing in the U.S. The article dealt with hotels but I could see aircraft with sleeping facilities having the same problem. Apparently the little critters are hard to get rid of once they infest some place.

Jim

I am sure it is a bed bug problem. San Francisco's infestation of bed bugs doubled between 2004 and 2006. Many SFO area hotels have reported incidences of bed bugs. The increased infestations are a result of globalization, rather than cleanliness and bed bugs are often transported via people's suit cases. It has been a major problem in urban areas throughout the U.S. and eradication of them is not easy. It is a major undertaking. New York, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus, OH have been among the hardest hit places.

Those crew bunks need to be stripped down and thoroughly fumigated by a pest control company that specializes in bed bug eradication.

Happened again to my station a couple of weeks ago....jump seats are starting to look good :rolleyes:

Those crew bunks need to be stripped down and thoroughly fumigated by a pest control company that specializes in bed bug eradication.

And, that solution is only good until the next time a f/a brings bedbugs aboard--like a commuter who unknowingly stayed in a local, infested hotel/motel the night before, or any f/a who has had a layover in an infested hotel. It seems to have become an unsolvable problem everywhere.

I hear that these bugs are racking up the airmiles
Here we are in mid November, and last Thursday( I think) the bug family were still traveling with the F/As in that upper deck crew rest area.

Mind you, also heard that an other 777 flight, out of SFO, had an MEL with the F/A crew rest area lights stuck 'on'. ie they could no be switched off. This is well within the MEL. The return crew refused the aircraft, and it was full of business -full fare- pax. After playing musical chairs and much anger , six pax were down graded. There was the usual delay while the ground staff (the heros of the situation) had to cope with the problem.

Now that is good PR let alone the cash facter.

According to a study announced today, bedbugs are subject to incest; which is why they are so difficult to eradicate....food for thought.

the SFO bedbugs are still getting more airmiles...
I hear a/c 8407 flt ua 900
they seem to have woken up an f/a during the rest period...making too much noise??? :unsure:
the jumpseats looking even better

the SFO bedbugs are still getting more airmiles...
I hear a/c 8407 flt ua 900
they seem to have woken up an f/a during the rest period...making too much noise??? :unsure:
the jumpseats looking even better

The A/C is now in PEK for maint. and does not show any bedbug issues. If this is a problem, why is it not being written up?

:lol:
The A/C is now in PEK for maint. and does not show any bedbug issues. If this is a problem, why is it not being written up?
:rolleyes: It is !!! look in Amsdis. Thats how I know about it. And the bugs are still at it . the latest on is A/C 8418, and again on the UA 900 -22 Dec ..even woke up the FA with the noise they were making....I also heard that Santa by-passed SFO in case he caught any bugs in his sack <_<

Back