BagWeb repsonse (or lack thereof)

Aug 20, 2002
Had the experience of arriving without my checked bag last week. (Got it two days later) So here was a chance to check out how well the website works for finding out what is going on. The repsonse received three days after my web query is copied below; it does not note when or if the bag arrived. It looks like a "canned" reponse to a complaint. (I wasn't complaining, just asking if my bag had been located.)I hope that the average "BagWeb" response is morely timely and complete.

What have your experinces been?

Thank you for contacting US Airways. Below is a summary of your
request and our response.

[===> If you need to reply to us, please type below this line ===>]

[===> If you need to reply to us, please type above this line ===>]

Your question:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Baggage Inquiry - XXXXXX [file locator deleted...DCMS]

Response:
Response (US Airways Baggage Services) - 06/28/2006 XX:XX AM
Thank you for your comments concerning your travel on US Airways. We regret we were unable to meet your travel expectations and will use your concerns to improve our service.

Your comments are important to us and your information will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review. Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

For information about future travel needs you can go online to www. usairways.com

Thank you.

Not sure of the time frame, but maybe once someone actually read your request, they checked your file and saw that it had already been delivered to you, hence the sorry we didnt meet expectations canned reply. No need to tell you it had been found if you already had it. I havent dealt much with baggage issues so I cant say for sure, but would be my guess as a possible reason. :blink:

Had the experience of arriving without my checked bag last week. (Got it two days later) So here was a chance to check out how well the website works for finding out what is going on. The repsonse received three days after my web query is copied below; it does not note when or if the bag arrived. It looks like a "canned" reponse to a complaint. (I wasn't complaining, just asking if my bag had been located.)I hope that the average "BagWeb" response is morely timely and complete.

What have your experinces been?

Thank you for contacting US Airways. Below is a summary of your
request and our response.
[===> If you need to reply to us, please type below this line ===>]

[===> If you need to reply to us, please type above this line ===>]

Your question:
Baggage Inquiry - XXXXXX [file locator deleted...DCMS]

Response:
Response (US Airways Baggage Services) - 06/28/2006 XX:XX AM
Thank you for your comments concerning your travel on US Airways. We regret we were unable to meet your travel expectations and will use your concerns to improve our service.

Your comments are important to us and your information will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review. Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

For information about future travel needs you can go online to www. usairways.com

Thank you.

I received the same response in writing from sending in an issue I had on both flights of a round trip. It is clearly a "one answer is supposed to fit all" response.

Personally, I'm still not happy with my outcome.

Back