Biden: Outsource Clean Coal Jobs to China

Hey Tug...bet they happy as a pig in mud now:

The United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) endorsed Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) for President of the United States after a unanimous vote of the union's National Council of the Coal Miners' Political Action Committee (COMPAC) in favor of the endorsement.

"We looked at the positions of both Sen. Obama and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) when considering this endorsement,â€Â￾ Roberts said. “On issue after issue, it is clear that Sen. Obama will be on our side while Sen. McCain will not."

"Most of all, Sen. Obama will implement the clear change in direction UMWA members

Sounds like somebody likes Booga Booga to me..... :lol:

Good comedy

Sounded to me like he was advocating making/helping China build clean coal plants so that they do not pollute the air we breath while we build solar/wind plants instead. How is that bad?

Sounded to me like he was advocating making/helping China build clean coal plants so that they do not pollute the air we breath while we build solar/wind plants instead. How is that bad?

No it doesn’t, Biden said “we’re not supporting clean coalâ€￾. If you don’t support clean coal technology why would you help China develop clean coal technology? What part of “no coal plants here in Americaâ€￾ don’t you understand?

While Biden was advocating “no coal plants here in Americaâ€￾ and “we’re not supporting clean coalâ€￾ Obama’s website touts the development and deployment of clean coal technology.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/newenergy

Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that Biden’s comments were in different contradiction to Obama’s “New Green Jobsâ€￾ initiative?

Wow Tuggy. Quite a spin. So you're stating that Biden wants to outsource our coal plants to China? Newsflash...while we can import oil which is then used as fuel, we can only get our electricity from our continental neighbors given current technology. We can and do get power from Canada and Mexico...and it is even feasible to say that we could get it from Argentina...but we haven't yet worked out the whole mega-power grid over the Pacific yet. Spin, spin, spin, but you are trying to make something where there is nothing (imagine that! :shock: )

No it doesn’t, Biden said “we’re not supporting clean coalâ€. If you don’t support clean coal technology why would you help China develop clean coal technology? What part of “no coal plants here in America†don’t you understand?

While Biden was advocating “no coal plants here in America†and “we’re not supporting clean coal†Obama’s website touts the development and deployment of clean coal technology.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/newenergy

Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge that Biden’s comments were in different contradiction to Obama’s “New Green Jobs†initiative?

Isn't the term clean coal kind of like harmless AIDS? While clean coal may be 'cleaner' than unclean(?) it still pollutes. He advocates the use of clean power sources while also advocating those countries who use coal to at least use clean coal. I still do not see the problem.

I have no problem admitting that Biden says things that are not in agreement with Obama. He is famous for speaking his mind.

BTW, since you seem to harp on me when I miss a fact or two I thought I would return the favor. Did you even bother to check when that video was made? No you did not because if you did you would have realized that the video was made in 2006 when Biden was not the VP candidate. Palin does not agree with everything McCain belives in, McCain does not believe in everything that Bush believes in and I am sure Biden does not believe in everything Obama believes in. Imagine that, politicians disagreeing with each other. Next thing you know, politicians will be accused of flip-flopping and lying. Go figure.

Wow Tuggy. Quite a spin. So you're stating that Biden wants to outsource our coal plants to China? Newsflash...while we can import oil which is then used as fuel, we can only get our electricity from our continental neighbors given current technology. We can and do get power from Canada and Mexico...and it is even feasible to say that we could get it from Argentina...but we haven't yet worked out the whole mega-power grid over the Pacific yet. Spin, spin, spin, but you are trying to make something where there is nothing (imagine that! :shock: )

So you agree that American’s should invest millions of our tax dollars in research and development of clean coal technology, use our vast intellectual resources to refine this technology for the sole purpose and benefit of China? Is that what you believe?

What Biden said is that Obama disingenuously pandered to the United Mine Worker’s Union and the hundreds of thousands of US citizens that make a living mining coal and the spin-off jobs created by the coal industry just to get their vote.

Or is it that Biden is so disconnected from the Obama campaign and the message posted on the Obama website that he actually believes Obama supports his outlandishly ludicrous “no coal plants here in America†and “we’re not supporting clean coal†statements.

Being that Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are major coal producing states as well as “battleground†states, do you really think the citizens of those states didn’t sit up and take notice of these contradictory statements? With the numerous gaffes coming from Biden on key issues, how long will it be before Obama reels Biden in from the campaign trail?

Quit apologizing for Biden’s stupid, off the wall, statements.

Be careful of the term "clean coal". I have worked for coal companies' across the country and clean coal could also mean coal dust that have accumulated in ponds over the last century formed into a slurry and bound together with a binder that doesn't corrode or clog power plant furnaces and fire tubes. The coal companies recieve a fortune to pelletize (like kingsford charcoal) this "clean" coal from the government. So clean coal may mean one thing to us and something else to someone in the coal industry.

In any case, no matter what you do, a permanent by-product of burning coal is Mercury which is eaten by plankton hundreds of miles away, which is eaten by fish which is eaten by humans.

So you agree that American’s should invest millions of our tax dollars in research and development of clean coal technology, use our vast intellectual resources to refine this technology for the sole purpose and benefit of China? Is that what you believe?

What Biden said is that Obama disingenuously pandered to the United Mine Worker’s Union and the hundreds of thousands of US citizens that make a living mining coal and the spin-off jobs created by the coal industry just to get their vote.

Or is it that Biden is so disconnected from the Obama campaign and the message posted on the Obama website that he actually believes Obama supports his outlandishly ludicrous “no coal plants here in America†and “we’re not supporting clean coal†statements.

Being that Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are major coal producing states as well as “battleground†states, do you really think the citizens of those states didn’t sit up and take notice of these contradictory statements? With the numerous gaffes coming from Biden on key issues, how long will it be before Obama reels Biden in from the campaign trail?

Quit apologizing for Biden’s stupid, off the wall, statements.

Are you not familiar with a calender? The statement you are referring to was made in 2006. This was not a gaff or anything else. He was not Obama's running mate. Obama was not even the the nominee yet. This was his opinion. Personally I agree with his statement.

While clean coal may be 'cleaner' than BTW, since you seem to harp on me when I miss a fact or two I thought I would return the favor. Did you even bother to check when that video was made? No you did not because if you did you would have realized that the video was made in 2006 when Biden was not the VP candidate. Palin does not agree with everything McCain belives in, McCain does not believe in everything that Bush believes in and I am sure Biden does not believe in everything Obama believes in. Imagine that, politicians disagreeing with each other. Next thing you know, politicians will be accused of flip-flopping and lying. Go figure.

Try to catch up Cosworth.

I guess you missed the fact that the video was taken on 17 September 2008 during an Obama/Biden campaign stop in Maumee, Ohio. The video was posted on Youtube on 17 September 2008. Here’s a link to Obama’s website highlighting the event in Maumee, Ohio:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/p...roadblog/gGg7jG

Besides that, why would a Senator from Delaware be campaigning in Ohio in 2006

As for why he was there. No idea. Perhaps he was campaigning for someone else. Looking at both videos (Obamas/youtube) he does appear to be wearing the same cloths so perhaps the other sites all got the date wrong.

If so, I apologize.

Drive across the country....everywhere you look, tucked off in the background, is a coal or natural gas fired power plant. They're going nowhere. You'd rip the job base out of those rural areas where everyone works at the power plant...

Wind energy requires a lot less people...they have the construction, but they're largely "set, forget, and occasionally maintain." FAR fewer jobs are required for "Green" power sources...unless they can find a way to cram a lot of employees into a TV room collecting salaries at the solar or wind plant...they're not going green any time soon.

I'm sure the AFL-CIO, who backs the democrats, would have plenty to say about getting rid of those plants! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!