Blind Justice Kansas Style

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
We have to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally incompetent....but what if they are the ones writing the laws?

BlindRobber.jpg

In the state of Kansas, to carry a concealed firearm you need a gun — preferably something that fits nice under your jacket, in your pocket or perhaps in your purse.
You also need a license, the state’s seal of approval that you can hide a firearm on your person.
What’s less clear is whether you need eyesight. It certainly is suggested, unquestionably helpful. But following a change in state law, it is no longer clear whether it is required.
Kansas legislators during the last session approved a number of changes to the state’s concealed carry law. One of them was that people who are renewing their license no longer have to take any sort of test to prove they’re still proficient with a firearm.
The changes also removed language from the law that gave the attorney general the right to deny applicants a license if they “suffer from a physical infirmity which prevents the safe handling of a weapon.”
A spokesman for Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt — whose office oversees the concealed carry program — conceded this week that the office is uncertain whether it has the authority to deny a concealed carry license renewal for any physical reason, even if the applicant is blind.

What the change unquestionably has led to in Kansas is an absurd question by a journalist: Can a blind man legally have a concealed carry permit in Kansas?
http://www2.ljworld....nd-carry-conce/

Well in Overland Park Kansas, if you can't get your concealed carry permit, you can just carry it openly. Yep...open carry, no background check...no permit needed. Just they way God and Wyatt Earp intended it.

Open carry is ok inmost states with concealed laws.

Issue here is stupid legislators writing the law.

Well in Overland Park Kansas, if you can't get your concealed carry permit, you can just carry it openly. Yep...open carry, no background check...no permit needed. Just they way God and Wyatt Earp intended it.

If you got out a little more often you would know that open carry is legal in a lot of states. I don't advise anyone to open carry, they often become the first victim. BTW idiot, you get a background check whenever you buy a gun. Where you decide to carry said gun is a matter of established state law.

If you got out a little more often you would know that open carry is legal in a lot of states. I don't advise anyone to open carry, they often become the first victim. BTW idiot, you get a background check whenever you buy a gun. Where you decide to carry said gun is a matter of established state law.

Foot meet mouth..

Unless I decide to buy it from a private seller, or a gun show...

just saying

Foot meet mouth..

Unless I decide to buy it from a private seller, or a gun show...

just saying

Informed gun owner meet uninformed gun control freak

Sellers of firearms at gun shows are required to have a Federal Firearms License and most perform a backgound check using the National Instant Criminal Background System maintained by the FBI. Are you familiar with the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993? Didn't think so!

Federal laws also prohibit a private seller (those that don't have a Federal Firearms License) from selling firearms to anyone they suspect may have a felony. If you have a prescription for medical pot, you can't buy a gun either.

Just saying . . .

Reactions: 1 person
Open carry is ok inmost states with concealed laws.

Issue here is stupid legislators writing the law.

Well unfortunately Dell, those stupid legislators are in abundance in Kansas...it's a far right Shangrila. Far right governor...far right legislature...it's a righties wet dream. I just hope they don't #### up the state too bad before Kansans come to their senses.

Well unfortunately Dell, those stupid legislators are in abundance in Kansas...it's a far right Shangrila. Far right governor...far right legislature...it's a righties wet dream. I just hope they don't #### up the state too bad before Kansans come to their senses.

My God, man....I didn't know.....

Federal laws also prohibit a private seller (those that don't have a Federal Firearms License) from selling firearms to anyone they suspect may have a felony.

What does someone you "suspect" may have a felony look or smell like?

Is there some kind of online course you take to recognize this.

I usually look at them real hard, if they look like they be posing for a mug shot, bingo...no sale.
The Kansas legislature also has another bill they are working on. Right not, guns are not allowed in public buildings. They want to fix that...they want to make it LEGAL to carry guns in public buildings if that building doesn't have a guard or a metal detector at the entrance. And that's all good, because at the capitol building, they have armed guards AND metal detectors. But most motor vehicle offices don't, and Kansans have never seen a tax they liked, so that means that the guy in line next to you who is bitching because that overpaid government worker who is a waste of their tax dollars for telling him he has to have an insurance card to get his car tags can carry a GUN into the building so he can have it handy to....what....shoot the government clerk? Local governments can't afford to pay for that kind of equipment or manpower, and Kansas never met a tax to pay for security that they ever agreed with...so the public now gets to stand next to pissed off taxpayers who are LEGALLY carrying their guns in a government building. I sent a letter to my state reps and told them that if they decided to approve this, then I would like them to save us tax money and take out the metal detectors and armed guards that they have in the capitol. Seems fair to me.

http://m.wlky.com/national-news/WLKY-Investigates-Kentucky-s-new-gun-rights-law/-/17432580/19026844/-/2bkpucz/-/index.html

A new law in Kentucky:

"As the nation debates restricting guns, Kentucky has gone the other way, allowing guns in places where they’ve been banned for decades.

A revised Kentucky gun law, passed last summer and put in to action in January, is so gun-rights friendly, public places that have never allowed guns are now prohibited from banning them.

As one state lawmaker, who opposed the new gun law, put it, it will open up Kentucky to a “new Wild West.”

Crossing Off Guns

The “beep” sound emanating from the security station at the front door of Louisville Metro Hall is unmistakable. It’s the metal detector designed to find weapons before someone brings them through.

Nearby, a sign with a list of banned weapons has crossed out the word “Guns.”

“No one ever brought a gun in,” Barry, the former corrections officer, now security guard, said.

Thanks to the newly revised Kentucky gun rights law, the machine at Metro Hall may detect the weapons, but Barry can no longer prevent someone from openly carrying in their firearms.

"They can bring it (a gun) in the building,” Barry said, “as long as it’s open."

“We were keeping all guns out of government buildings because, you know, sometimes heated exchanges take place in government buildings by citizens,” Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said. “We felt like that was best for the safety of the employees of the city. We can no longer prohibit guns from coming in to our building,”

The mayor and many other local leaders are adapting to the new law that prohibits them from banning weapons in many places where they say “common sense” dictated keeping firearms out. "

What does someone you "suspect" may have a felony look or smell like?

Is there some kind of online course you take to recognize this.

You can put the gold badge away Bill, it's worthless here. Look and smell has nothing to do with it. The scenerio would be something along the lines of this, say a friend of a friend of yours showed interest in a gun and asked you if they could buy it from you. You should be suspicious as to why they are not going through the normal channels to buy the same gun. Is it because they have a felony and can't buy it? That's how "suspect" plays out.

The FBI website has penty of examples of what to look out for when selling a gun to someone. . . .look and smell are not mentioned.