Bob Crandall does not want a damn tax cut.

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
“I think a tax cut is absurd,” said Bob Crandall, a former American Airlines chief executive who lives in Florida and added his name to the letter. Republicans are “saying we can’t afford to spend money, but we can afford to give rich people a huge tax break. This makes no sense,” Crandall said.

“I have a big income. If my income gets bigger, I’m not going to invest more. I'll just save more,” said Crandall, who is retired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ss-dont-cut-our-taxes/?utm_term=.aa3c40a974e5

Bob's money will outlive him by a wide margin, and he's as deep blue as you get politically. That's why it was so hard for him to take Clinton's phone call to end the Flight Attendant strike, and why they got the PEB immediately with the pilots in 1997.

Bob's money will outlive him by a wide margin, and he's as deep blue as you get politically. That's why it was so hard for him to take Clinton's phone call to end the Flight Attendant strike, and why they got the PEB immediately with the pilots in 1997.

Does the issue always have to have a blue or red label attached to it? Surprising I don’t think every issue has to tow a stupid Party line. Unlike you guys up in the Water Cooler (Why I avoid it) my Politics are more grey (Like most in the Country BTW)

“I think a tax cut is absurd,” said Bob Crandall, a former American Airlines chief executive who lives in Florida and added his name to the letter. Republicans are “saying we can’t afford to spend money, but we can afford to give rich people a huge tax break. This makes no sense,” Crandall said.

“I have a big income. If my income gets bigger, I’m not going to invest more. I'll just save more,” said Crandall, who is retired.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ss-dont-cut-our-taxes/?utm_term=.aa3c40a974e5
Crandall is full of bubble's. Nobody stops million and billionaires from writing donation checks to the, U.S. Dept of the Treasury.

Does the issue always have to have a blue or red label attached to it? Surprising I don’t think every issue has to tow a stupid Party line. Unlike you guys up in the Water Cooler (Why I avoid it) my Politics are more grey (Like most in the Country BTW)

Weez I saw your facebook page a few months ago and the only thing gray was Hillary's pantsuit.

Weez I saw your facebook page a few months ago and the only thing gray was Hillary's pantsuit.

Yes Al absolutely. Because at THAT moment there was a Political Contest underway. On Election Day that contest was decided and I moved on.

I rarely post anything Political since.

Tax cuts. I agree with some parts of it and others I don’t. I like some Middle class and Corporate relief, don’t agree with any inheritance tax and think the mortgage interest deduction should be gone.

Otherwise I’m interested in reading the final product and don’t subscribe to no changes to the tax codes at all.

Yes Al absolutely. Because at THAT moment there was a Political Contest underway. On Election Day that contest was decided and I moved on.

I rarely post anything Political since.

Tax cuts. I agree with some parts of it and others I don’t. I like some Middle class and Corporate relief, don’t agree with any inheritance tax and think the mortgage interest deduction should be gone.

Otherwise I’m interested in reading the final product and don’t subscribe to no changes to the tax codes at all.
Of course you know where I live will be hit the hardest without the deductions.I'm hoping this will make local governments (Notice the plural) reduce their ridiculous spending. Police on Long Island make ridiculous salaries a long with highway workers, park employees etc

Of course you know where I live will be hit the hardest without the deductions.I'm hoping this will make local governments (Notice the plural) reduce their ridiculous spending. Police on Long Island make ridiculous salaries a long with highway workers, park employees etc

Ok but they’re doubling the Standard deduction. I also don’t think City and State Taxes should be deductible either. People should be expected to pay a premium to live in a place like NYC. We the people shouldn’t subsidize your choice.

That's what you evidently voted for. Now you see where their priorities are. Maybe you heard what Peter King R-NY had to say about the middle class tax cut. In case you did not hear what he said, he said there isn't much of a tax cut for the middle class in the new plan and in many cases there is an increase. The people who wrote the proposed bill have made their priorities obvious. Although some of us knew it all along.

Good for Crandall, and Buffett and Gates, too!

Ok but they’re doubling the Standard deduction. I also don’t think City and State Taxes should be deductible either. People should be expected to pay a premium to live in a place like NYC. We the people shouldn’t subsidize your choice.
You might feel differently if Florida had a state tax and you were paying a chunk of your salary to the state.

Why should people in Florida or Texas pay more in Federal taxes because the other states are irresponsible with what they charge their residents?

The state/local deduction needs to go, even though I currently benefit from it being in a high income tax state.

Reactions: 1AA
Why should people in Florida or Texas pay more in Federal taxes because the other states are irresponsible with what they charge their residents?

The state/local deduction needs to go, even though I currently benefit from it being in a high income tax state.
Because most states have state income taxes, why should we lose that deduction that would only benefit 3 states, besides when I get a refund from my state I have to add that to my income the following year!

Because most states have state income taxes, why should we lose that deduction that would only benefit 3 states, besides when I get a refund from my state I have to add that to my income the following year!

You would have to claim it back on your taxes if it was never taxed as income the first time. You pay City and State Taxes to benefit yourselves in your local communities. How does the Fed benefit from that so why should you be able to claim a deduction?

Besides again they’re going to double the Standard deduction so that should take care of that writeoff loss. The idea again to streamline the tax returns process.

(I guess doing your taxes on a postcard is going out the window now)

I stand to lose alot in this tax plan. In addition to losing the deduction for state income tax, which in NY is substantial, I lose the deduction for my property taxes, which go well into the 5 digit range...that is a double whammy which is not acceptable to me. I think the middle class is left in the lurch on this tax "cut", which is not really a tax cut at all for most of us. My congressional delegation all voted NO but it didn't help. Let's hope the senate comes to their senses ( I just noticed the irony in that statement).

My BEST to you all......

Does the issue always have to have a blue or red label attached to it? Surprising I don’t think every issue has to tow a stupid Party line.
Yeah, I can tell by the way you bad mouth Republicans and refuse to see obvious faults with Dimorats.
Indeed.
don’t agree with any inheritance tax
Do you even know why they have inheritance tax? You are talking out of your ass. You don't even understand what your saying.

Let me spell it out for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate_tax_in_the_United_States
These traditions may have been imposed by religious edict but they served a real purpose, which was to prevent accumulation of great disparities of wealth, which, estate tax proponents suggest, tended to avoid destabilizing societies and prevented social imbalance, eventual revolution, or disruption of functioning economic systems.
Yet you support these out of control "entitlements" and support sacrificing pay and benefits to keep headcount up. As usual you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Last edited:

Latest posts