Boycotting Arpey

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
Some workers have realized that their unions are in bed with the company so they have decided to organize a Boycott. Here is the link, http://www.pupoff.com/index.html

You can add your name to the list of supporters as well. Since our unions wont do anything for us we must do it our selves.

Years ago we picketed the Presidents Conference, that was a lot more fun than listening to all their lies.

Some workers have realized that their unions are in bed with the company so they have decided to organize a Boycott. Here is the link, http://www.pupoff.com/index.html

You can add your name to the list of supporters as well. Since our unions wont do anything for us we must do it our selves.

Years ago we picketed the Presidents Conference, that was a lot more fun than listening to all their lies.

You show'm Bob. You go get back that $100 million in STOCK the shareholders gave to uppermanagement.

Oh yeah, a boycott of the Presidents Conference is really going to turn things around for the perpetually disgruntled...

Why not do something really constructive and not cash in your options, or send the money back like Ken McTiernan did.

Oh yeah, a boycott of the Presidents Conference is really going to turn things around for the perpetually disgruntled...

Why not do something really constructive and not cash in your options, or send the money back like Ken McTiernan did.
<_< ----He did!? Boy! He's got bigger balls than you'll ever have!!!! :p Sorry Ken! The devil made me do it!! :p

He did!? Boy! He's got bigger balls than you'll ever have!!!! Sorry Ken! The devil made me do it!!

Boycott the President's Council? Why not? If that is what people wish to do to display their disagreement/anger at the company why must you make it seem like it is futile?

As for sending back my first AIP check to Arpey I was not alone. It was my idea but most AMTs here in SAN mailed theirs along with mine. We included a letter, signed by us all, saying that we were insulted receiving these checks after the concessions that were jammed down our throats. You see, we are going to have $120,000.00 worth of pay/benefits taken from us over the life of the concessionary contract and we will get what, $38.00 after taxes if we meet a certain criteria? I, and others, felt that this money should be put to better use.

Mr. Arpey returned each check back to our individual addresses. Why did we do this as a group? Because like boycotting the President's Council it was one way of speaking out about how we felt. And trust me, no one signed their name to the letter with an alias.

Like Bob said we are tired of listening to the rhetoric over and over. What is the point.

You show'm Bob. You go get back that $100 million in STOCK the shareholders gave to uppermanagement.
The shareholders? Are you saying that every shareholder was given the opportunity to vote specifically on granting stock to upper management or did the compensation committee decide that?

Ken, in other words he is saying that management could care less about what any of "the employees"(yees as in yahoos) really think. They want us to sit back, shut up and just keep listening to their BS until we believe it.

Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,(resistance is futile) Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,](resistance is futile) Work harder for less pay and you will be happy, ],](resistance is futile)Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,],](resistance is futile) Work harder for less pay and you will be happy, ],](resistance is futile)Work harder for less pay and you will be happy, ],](resistance is futile)Work harder for less pay and you will be happy, ],](resistance is futile)Work harder for less pay and you will be happy, ],](resistance is futile)Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,],](resistance is futile)Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,],](resistance is futile) Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,],](resistance is futile) Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,],](resistance is futile) Work harder for less pay and you will be happy,],](resistance is futile) ,,,,,,,,,,

I don't understand the UNION issues that AA workers are dealing with. But I'm sure that NOT attending is'nt going to make a big diff. All you're really going to do is save them some extra bucks on sodas,water,food,ect. If I was going to boycott, I would go and sit in the front with my earplugs or muffs. Or read a newspaper right in front of the Pres.

My 2 Cents

The shareholders? Are you saying that every shareholder was given the opportunity to vote specifically on granting stock to upper management or did the compensation committee decide that?

Yes, actually they can vote. They can vote at the shareholders meeting and more importantly they can vote by choosing not to own the stock. If they don't like the compensation, then sell.

I don't understand the UNION issues that AA workers are dealing with. But I'm sure that NOT attending is'nt going to make a big diff. All you're really going to do is save them some extra bucks on sodas,water,food,ect. If I was going to boycott, I would go and sit in the front with my earplugs or muffs. Or read a newspaper right in front of the Pres.
My 2 Cents

Didnt even start yet and he all ready has the right idea.
You go girlfriend :up:

Back