Brrrrr... Its sure is cold.....

Hackman

Veteran
Sep 30, 2003
I got my wish, its colder than a witch's t** on the DTW ramp. How many southern scabs will be quitting if this keeps up? ...and its only November. Damn that wind is a mother....!!!!

DTW forcast
Rest of Tonight
Partly cloudy. Scattered flurries. Breezy... colder. Record lows 8 to 12. West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph until around midnight...becoming 10 to 20 mph. Wind chills down to around 5 below.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Hey 'Cods, bet your ready for Texas!!!! Hee, hee, hee.... :D

I got my wish, its colder than a witch's t** on the DTW ramp. How many southern scabs will be quitting if this keeps up? ...and its only November. Damn that wind is a mother....!!!!

DTW forcast
Rest of Tonight
Partly cloudy. Scattered flurries. Breezy... colder. Record lows 8 to 12. West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph until around midnight...becoming 10 to 20 mph. Wind chills down to around 5 below.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Hey 'Cods, bet your ready for Texas!!!! Hee, hee, hee.... :D

====================================================

Hey "Hack",

DTW is like "Puerto rico", compared to MSP !

But yea, I agree with you.
I think those "red neck *ricks" (by a tiny margin), hate the cold WORSE than "yankees" and unions.

NH/BB's

I got my wish, its colder than a witch's t** on the DTW ramp..... Damn that wind is a mother....!!!!

J'accuse! :lol:

I'm not in DTW, but my city was no warmer (wind chill of 1 at one point last night). I can't imagine someone who is used to Southern weather lasting too long up this way.

At least now I'll know who to curse when I'm out loading flights/deicing in it. :p

The cold doesn't bother me that much but the wind and snow is a different story. Just purchased a nice set of carhart coveralls and some of Delldudes high tech underwear. I'm ready. Skiing down a hill is one thing, you don't even notice the cold. Turning freezing wrenches is a different story all together.

is it that cold inside a hangar? i thought the planes were fixed in warm heated hangars? I know that some minor stuff is done at the gate but with a delay. things such as tire changing etc then i can see how cold a wrench could be

You mean NWA didn't supply any cold weather "scabbyjohns"???

Jeez, you guys help Dougie Stealin' and friends screw over their former dedicated mechanics while they line their pockets with millions, and this is how they repay you?

I'd quit and move to another warmer scab operation.

Robbed, I work the line JR.

Hackman, Yes they did give us some fine parkas that are too nice to mess up. I hope to do a lot of this union-busting thing thus I should be able to make me a nice collection of scab jackets. I think I shall join the guys in Dothan.

is it that cold inside a hangar? i thought the planes were fixed in warm heated hangars? I know that some minor stuff is done at the gate but with a delay. things such as tire changing etc then i can see how cold a wrench could be

:lol: YGBFSM!!!!!!!! No, most is done outside...either at the gate, or on hardstands/ramps. Hangar space ( line hangar space ) is able to hold but a fraction of an airline's fleet. If it has got to be done, then its gotta be done. You do what you must. I would also wonder what you consider "minor stuff"?:huh:

Stuff done outside ( speaking from experience ) in all weather. ( and I DO mean ALL )

Engine/mount changes, APU changes, A/C jacking/gear swings, L/G changes, MLG strut repacks, Fuel tank dives, Flight control replacement, Phased C-checks.....

Then you have the "normal" line stuff, Engine component replacement/adjustment ( Generator/CSD/IDG R&R's, Fuel controls etc ), cockpit window/windshield R&R's...exacting tasks that are fine in spring fall, unpleasant in the heat humidity, extremely unpleasant in the winter, especially at night. Real fun in freezing rain.

Oughtta be a real test of scab dedication...or conscientiousness :unsure:

We haven't done any real heavy stuff yet on the ramp. Tires and brakes of course and some engine component changes. We have done a couple of APU changes but not in inclement weather. I do agree this will test a Southern Scabs dedication.

Well Kev, Hackman seems to think the cold weather is going to run all the Scabs off. It just might run some off but not all. Robbed was confused about where maintenance was performed and thought the hangers were meat lockers. High Iron was describing the types of heavy maintenance that could be expected to be performed on the ramps in inclement weather. I was just saying the type of maintenance that I have performed on the ramp, some of it being done in inclement weather. NH/BB was wondering where NWA would get more scabs from if the cold weather ran all the existing scabs off. I was letting NH/BB know that there was a long list of wannabe Scabs just waiting to cross over. Or maybe I missed the news report where AMFA conceded defeat and called this silly strike off. Otherwise any AMT's that work for NWA are indeed Scabs even if they are AMFA members. Now if the returning AMFA AMT's that were on strike are not Scabs do let me know. You guys have been preaching to me that if you cross a picket line you are "Filthy lowlife scum of the earth." "Once a Scab always a Scab." “Being a Scab will follow you for the rest of your career.â€￾ So if you guys have been spewing a bunch of BS riff-raff all this time do let me know.

To answer you question it has everything to do with cold weather and the path that this topic is flowing. Keep up Kev.

Latest posts