California Madness!

X, I understand your
Absolutely.
But I am not an island.
My Mrs. of 40 years is Korean.
I can not just go anywhere and dump her off in some prejudice craphole and wash my hands as she will most likely live longer than I.
We found a couple of retirement places in SoCal, but I still have to sell my business.
For me, living in Korea is not an option. 20 years ago maybe, but not now.
I am originally a Buckeye...:eek:
X, I understand your concernes, But times really have changed. I now live in the mid-west. Been married 48 years. My next door neighbor is an Black couple on one side, and Porta Rican couple on the other. Hey! I even have a Democrat across the street! And believe it or not, we all get along! We live in what I'd discribe as a "Mid- Management" level development. My Doctor lives just down the street. Tax's, and Utilities are half what they are in California. Gas is about a dollar a gal, cheaper. Insurance is cheaper also......... Just for the heck of it I looked up real estate in K.C.'s neck of the woods and found this: https://www.coldwellbanker.com/property/15330-W-86th-St-Lenexa-KS-66219/31144107/detail?src=list

Last edited:
Reactions: xUT
X, I understand your

X, I understand your concernes, But times really have changed. I now live in the mid-west. Been married 48 years. My next door neighbor is an Black couple on one side, and Porta Rican couple on the other. Hey! I even have a Democrat across the street! And believe it or not, we all get along! We live in what I'd discribe as a "Mid- Management" level development. My Doctor lives just down the street. Tax's, and Utilities are half what they are in California. Gas is about a dollar a gal, cheaper. Insurance is cheaper also......... Just for the heck of it I looked up real estate in K.C.'s neck of the woods and found this: https://www.coldwellbanker.com/property/15330-W-86th-St-Lenexa-KS-66219/31144107/detail?src=list

Thanks, however, we visited many places before making our decision.
Little Gated Senior community in SoCal is perfect for us.
We have enough funds that we will live very comfortably there.
Although we don't need it yet, there are shuttles to shopping and a weekly bus trip to Las Vegas.
Not too far from Bob Hope airport if we want to travel on NRSA passes.
Unless things change, we already made our decision.
Take Care,
xUT

Although we don't need it yet, there are shuttles to shopping and a weekly bus trip to Las Vegas.
Take Care,
xUT
O.K. x!

O.K.x .Best of Luck on that one! ....... One question here? " Bus to Vagas"? LOL!......... Are you ready for that?

W
X, I understand your

WTF's a Porta Rican?

Gonna git me one them Porta Ricans for my Winebago....

I go to Vegas every other year or so.
Pretty entertaining place, lots of good restaurants and bars.
I like the French Restaurant at Paris-Paris.
A little expensive, but excellent food.
Guess I'm just spoiled. Because I can remember when rooms and food were cheap!....... No more!

Take Care,
xUT
Hi xUT...Your plans for the future in SoCal sound great, and
ideal for the both of you. Wishing the two of you the best:).
Huggs,
Sharon

Absolutely.
But I am not an island.
My Mrs. of 40 years is Korean.
I can not just go anywhere and dump her off in some prejudice craphole and wash my hands as she will most likely live longer than I.
We found a couple of retirement places in SoCal, but I still have to sell my business.
For me, living in Korea is not an option. 20 years ago maybe, but not now.
I am originally a Buckeye...:eek:

I'm planning in retiring at 62 next year. With my pension, SS and 401K money, I have calculated that at a very low (perhaps unrealistically conservative) growth rate, I can live comfortably in KC until I'm in my mid 80's. Most men in my family die in their mid 70's, so I've got a 10 year buffer. But it would last me about 3 months in the Golden State.

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Take Care,
xUT

Starting a GoFundMe page for a pair of rockers for you guys.

X, I understand your

WOW. Holy CHIT, you champion of diversity, You !!

Oh Man, to think you've got a " PORTA " Rican next door is Unfathomable, AND, that YOU have " A " Negro TOO ???????
What's his name. CLARENCE THOMAS ?????

Latest posts