California Madness!

Or fake...which one is photo shopped?
DOH!

View attachment 12787
I believe xUT is correct on this one. His photo is more like the 405 I remember. Although I've been away from it for almost nine years now. But, all it takes is one accident, and this bottleneck can become one of the largest parking lots imaginable. This is one of the few ways to transition from the LA basin to the San Fernando valley.

I believe xUT is correct on this one. His photo is more like the 405 I remember. Although I've been away from it for almost nine years now. But, all it takes is one accident, and this bottleneck can become one of the largest parking lots imaginable. This is one of the few ways to transition from the LA basin to the San Fernando valley.
Traffic still sucks.
I visited a friend in Santa Clarita a couple of months ago and the grapevine was just nuts.

SFBAY area sucks as well. I am not sure if there is such a thing as rush hour any more as HWY101 sucks 24/7/365.

That being said, I went to Columbus OH in Feb and traffic there sucks as well. Hwy 270, 70 and 71 is just as bad as California.

xUT

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Traffic still sucks.
I visited a friend in Santa Clarita a couple of months ago and the grapevine was just nuts.

SFBAY area sucks as well. I am not sure if there is such a thing as rush hour any more as HWY101 sucks 24/7/365.

That being said, I went to Columbus OH in Feb and traffic there sucks as well. Hwy 270, 70 and 71 is just as bad as California.

xUT
santa-clarita-diet-season-3-netflix-schedule.jpg

santa-clarita-diet.jpg

Traffic still sucks.

xUT
Well, it would seem we have one more thing in common . We used to live in Santa Clarita, or what was then known as "Canyon Country". We built our home on an acre and a half in Sand Canyon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SharoninSAT and xUT
Well, obviously you're not going to reveal where you 'Ran Away to', to distance yourself from CA. ...

Well, your sorts should consider it a grand favor that I "Ran Away to', to distance yourself from CA." since my only other actually sane option was to start hunting overtly communist "liberals" for sport and perhaps even post a bounty for their empty heads. ;) Seriously though; anyone with business interests in "Kalifornia" that doesn't extract such elsewhere and asap must both like to personally suffer, as well as insanely endure tax rates and regulations unimaginable in any even slightly sane venues available otherwise.

Last edited:
Well, it would seem we have one more thing in common . We used to live in Santa Clarita, or what was then known as "Canyon Country". We built our home on an acre and a half in Sand Canyon.

Were "Kalifornia" ever magically purged of "liberal" parasites it would again be one of the best places on earth to live, but that's pure fantasy at this point in time and the sad truth is that it's instead degenerated into a lost cause/open-air-lunatic-asylum at every possible level.

Well, since you talk about the USAF, you're very likely a n AMT or a pilot.
!
What exactly ever were/are YOU to have such insanely lofty fantasies of excessive self-"worth"? Heck, I'll "shamefully" confess to both the USAF and Pilot thing myself. Sigh...You may now properly kneel, kiss my signet ring and then move along, little squidly-diddly paint chipper. ;) A common trait amongst the most devout "liberals" is an amazing lack of personal accomplishment within their own "lives" coupled of course with some insane sense of "entitlement" regardless of their wholesale lack of the personal drive and dedication required to actually better themselves and their circumstances in any way...I guess it's just too easy to instead fantasize themselves being some strange sort of supposedly "oppressed victims" instead...? Hint: If "liberals"...umm..."lives" are as clearly miserable as their postings forever indicate, well, it ain't the fault of the founding fathers' abundant wisdom, nor America her beautiful self. Outside of insanely "liberal" bastions like "Kalifornia" no one prohibits the birthing of anyone's personal business enterprise with a fatally prohibitive dose of taxes/regulations/etc and this is still truly "The Land of Opportunity" for any with the the ability and strength to make such happen....period. What's your actual excuse for an apparent lifetime of whining instead?

Last edited:
Well, obviously you're not going to reveal where you 'Ran Away to', to distance yourself from CA. (Damm, I went to RR school near Sacramento, and found it pretty 'normal'), anyway, my $$$ is on you, that you are quite likely in DAL-ASSS. (NO WAY you're in (say) ORD !
What difference does it make Bears?........ Let's just say it's still a quite, sane, conservative, way of life here. And no, not Texas ............ Do I miss California? Yea, I miss the California that I grew up in. But I'm sorry to say, that California no longer exists!

What exactly ever were/are YOU to have such insanely lofty fantasies of excessive self-"worth"? Heck, I'll "shamefully" confess to both the USAF and Pilot thing myself. Sigh...You may now properly kneel, kiss my signet ring and then move along, little squidly-diddly paint chipper. ;) A common trait amongst the most devout "liberals" is an amazing lack of personal accomplishment within their own "lives" coupled of course with some insane sense of "entitlement" regardless of their wholesale lack of the personal drive and dedication required to actually better themselves and their circumstances in any way...I guess it's just too easy to instead fantasize themselves being some strange sort of supposedly "oppressed victims" instead...? Hint: If "liberals"...umm..."lives" are as clearly miserable as their postings forever indicate, well, it ain't the fault of the founding fathers' abundant wisdom, nor America her beautiful self. Outside of insanely "liberal" bastions like "Kalifornia" no one prohibits the birthing of anyone's personal business enterprise with a fatally prohibitive dose of taxes/regulations/etc and this is still truly "The Land of Opportunity" for any with the the ability and strength to make such happen....period. What's your actual excuse for an apparent lifetime of whining instead?
And I'll have to admit to the former. I was an AMT for 20 years, and an Inspector for another 20, with a background in Naval Aviation.

Last edited:
Very intelligent...Not..dot...dot...dot...
That's the problem with the currant batch of Hollywood writers, besides being hypocritical communists, they haven't come up with an original script in years! They feel blowing up cars, and shooting everyone in sight, makes for a good movie. They push violence in their trade, and blame the NRA for everything else that is going on in our country in real life!

And I'll have to admit to the former. I was an AMT for 20 years, and an Inspector for another 20, with a background in Naval Aviation.

Needless to say I meant no offense. While confessedly being too lazy myself for actually "honest work" of that sort, I came within scant inches of USN flying. Oddly enough it was my 30-years-serious-Navy father who eventually tired of "always being away" on carriers that strongly suggested otherwise...well, plus the USAF was then getting the first beautiful F15's/16's starting to roll off the showroom floor.

Reactions: Insp4
Traffic still sucks.

xUT

Maybe its you....LOL

It's similar here too......shopping areas stacked like dominoes, everybody and their mother on the road......its even better when they repair all the bridges and roads here.

Try driving in Queens NY where you sit in traffic getting from your house to the highway.

Maybe its you....LOL

It's similar here too......shopping areas stacked like dominoes, everybody and their mother on the road......its even better when they repair all the bridges and roads here.
Too many rats in a small cage.
My Uncle has a farm in Lithopolis and I when I visited in Feb, it was shocking.
What used to be corn and cows now has been incorporated.
Houses to the left and houses to the right not a 'farm' in sight.
I guess that's 'progress' but I remember watching a movie downtown at the high school auditorium on a Saturday night.
Well, that ship has sailed.
Sad, that this era has passed.
I wonder what people would do today if they had no TV or Internet.

Last edited: