Can AA Compete

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
Looks like AA is lagging the MRO industry as well!

HOT SHOT AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TEAM
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS WITH AAR AIRCRAFT SERVICES

AAR is one of the world's leading aviation support companies providing a broad range of services to commercial airlines, defense organizations, and OEMs. Since our founding in 1951 we have grown to over 8500 employees worldwide maintaining a commitment to quality, safety, and customer satisfaction. We have immediate multiple openings for a “Hot Shot Team" at our MRO segment in Oklahoma.

Compensation: Pay and benefits to include starting pay of $25hrly plus great benefits to include, medical, dental, life insurance, 401K and more. This is a full-time direct hire position, not a short-term assignment. You must be willing to travel up to 50% in support of the mission.

Starting pay at AA?

$15.18 + $5 License, not to worry by 2018 it goes up to a whopping $17.09 +$5.

So AA is only $10,400 a year less and a weeks less vacation and fewer paid Holidays off than a non-Union MRO. Throw those items along with the dues in and it brings AA to around $14,000 less, but we have langauge that only allows AA to outsource 35% of our work to AAR!!!
I'm sure that guys will be lining up for the openings at AA in high cost cities like New York and LAX.

Noticed that the number of people signing up for Early call in and other OT at JFK is lower than it used to be. Its not that the guys don't need the money, its because they are working other jobs as they slowly seperate themselves from AA. Some are waiting for the Early Outs, others for the Stand in Stead, they still show up, but emotionaly, they are already gone.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like AA is lagging the MRO industry as well!

HOT SHOT AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE TEAM
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS WITH AAR AIRCRAFT SERVICES

AAR is one of the world's leading aviation support companies providing a broad range of services to commercial airlines, defense organizations, and OEMs. Since our founding in 1951 we have grown to over 8500 employees worldwide maintaining a commitment to quality, safety, and customer satisfaction. We have immediate multiple openings for a “Hot Shot Team" at our MRO segment in Oklahoma.

Compensation: Pay and benefits to include starting pay of $25hrly plus great benefits to include, medical, dental, life insurance, 401K and more. This is a full-time direct hire position, not a short-term assignment. You must be willing to travel up to 50% in support of the mission.

This is a field trip position. Didn't you recently post some calculations that showed how much less field trips now pay at AA than at UA? IIRC, your numbers showed that you would be paid straight time for every hour away from home. I wonder if AAR is going to pay its maintenance techs $25/hr for every hour they're away on a field trip.

In any event, this position requires at least five years experience.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?Job_DID=JHM27X73PP0DPSW9G71&siteid=CBSIMPLYHIRED&ipath=EXGOO

How much experience does the AA starting job require? After five years at AA, wouldn't the pay be greater than $25/hr?

If AA can't compete, and can't attract enough entry level employees, then that's AA's problem, not yours.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a field trip position. Didn't you recently post some calculations that showed how much less field trips now pay at AA than at UA? IIRC, your numbers showed that you would be paid straight time for every hour away from home. I wonder if AAR is going to pay its maintenance techs $25/hr for every hour they're away on a field trip.

In any event, this position requires at least five years experience.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?Job_DID=JHM27X73PP0DPSW9G71&siteid=CBSIMPLYHIRED&ipath=EXGOO

How much experience does the AA starting job require? After five years at AA, wouldn't the pay be greater than $25/hr?

If AA can't compete, and can't attract enough entry level employees, then that's AA's problem, not yours.
No I said ual gets 1.75x for all hours away from home.

5 years experience and its been up for a month. AA doesnt bother asking for five years anymore (aar used to be one of their throughs) so now they are settling for two.

Your right, its AAs problem not mine.

There are 400 entries on the site. Yea most are crap (Aerotek and Plane tech) but I saw the MTA has ads there as well. More than a few guys at AA are headed yhere. Saw another one fir $34/hr for sheet metel work. What I did not see was AA or WN two carriers that are hiring that I know of.

There are 400 entries on the site. Yea most are crap (Aerotek and Plane tech) but I saw the MTA has ads there as well. More than a few guys at AA are headed yhere. Saw another one fir $34/hr for sheet metel work. What I did not see was AA or WN two carriers that are hiring that I know of.
What is MTA?

What is MTA?

Remember Ralph Cramden of The Honeymooners?

MTA is the public transit system in New York. Buses, subways, etc.