Cap'n Fred's Tailgate Oration (with charts)

T

The Goose

Romano's replacement at TULE made rounds of the base yesterday speaking from the rear of a pickup and gave the same speech we've all heard for the 5 years since the concessionary contract.

I was left with the feeling that this poor man has been painted a rather rosey picture of the base personnel and hasn't a clue what was dumped in his lap re: the (mis)management at the Tulsa base by the recently kicked-upstairs Romano.

Does anyone else from TULE have any thoughts?

So I hear he walks around the base with a twu shirt and hat on, is that true?

Also I was wondering about what was said to us by a couple of Tulsa field trippers a few days ago who claimed there is a big push in Tulsa to have that concessionary extension brought back for a vote. These guys were all for voting it in until they were told the details of it. They also said they were being told, or rather lied to, that the lump sum included OT, in which they were corrected.

Lastly, I hear the twu in Tulsa signed off on a new letter of agreement regarding crew chief evaluations. Just wondering if it's true and where can we get a copy of the letter?

Thanks... <_<

So I hear he walks around the base with a twu shirt and hat on, is that true?

Also I was wondering about what was said to us by a couple of Tulsa field trippers a few days ago who claimed there is a big push in Tulsa to have that concessionary extension brought back for a vote. These guys were all for voting it in until they were told the details of it. They also said they were being told, or rather lied to, that the lump sum included OT, in which they were corrected.

Lastly, I hear the twu in Tulsa signed off on a new letter of agreement regarding crew chief evaluations. Just wondering if it's true and where can we get a copy of the letter?

Thanks... <_<

I've not heard any of that but - I work afts. It seems the real fun and games take place on the day shift while all management are in attendance attempting to impress each other and make it through the upcoming (hopefully) (mis)management layoffs.

The guy looks like Gene Hackman and either has equivilent acting skills or the man is in real trouble.

Time will tell but I think he has bit off more than he can chew.

He sees the FLT, PLT, ALT, JLT stooges and thinks we are all sheep following the company union line.

He even said every airline and every industry would like to have a "working together" program like the one the TWU and AA have formed. Well no #### Fred!

Really guys just work hard on your own exit strategy and stop pretending your profession is going to be worthy of your concern or efforts to change things.

The man talks about change and accountability which was the AMFA line and idea that AA spend hundreds of thousands to stop. Of course on his watch already were several employees that were walked out for sleeping on the job then Jimmy Rae Jr was caught sleeping and the 60 year guy couldn't be fired so he got a first step advisory. Then the others were all brought back with back pay and given letters also. So much for accountability under the Captain Fred's watch. Unless of course we are looking at selective accountability. Word is also Fred wanting to fire some management and the union leaders came to their rescue.

The guy looks like Gene Hackman and either has equivilent acting skills or the man is in real trouble.

Time will tell but I think he has bit off more than he can chew.

He sees the FLT, PLT, ALT, JLT stooges and thinks we are all sheep following the company union line.

He even said every airline and every industry would like to have a "working together" program like the one the TWU and AA have formed. Well no #### Fred!

Really guys just work hard on your own exit strategy and stop pretending your profession is going to be worthy of your concern or efforts to change things.

The man talks about change and accountability which was the AMFA line and idea that AA spend hundreds of thousands to stop. Of course on his watch already were several employees that were walked out for sleeping on the job then Jimmy Rae Jr was caught sleeping and the 60 year guy couldn't be fired so he got a first step advisory. Then the others were all brought back with back pay and given letters also. So much for accountability under the Captain Fred's watch. Unless of course we are looking at selective accountability. Word is also Fred wanting to fire some management and the union leaders came to their rescue.

I got the impression he wanted to clean out the (mis)management ranks while listening to his pickup truck talk. I haven't a problem with that - there's been a serious overstock in those ranks ever since Crandall left the company.

The thing that took me aback at the truck meeting was Fred asking for a chance. Dear God - doesn't that man realize there's been 5 years pass between 2003 and now? The opportunity was afforded management against the better judgement of many in 2003; what has the company done with that chance? Not a damned thing except pad their own ranks with their buddies and other examples of useless human trash.

Sure - Fred can have another chance - it really won't cost us anything, but, as far as I'm concerned, we've given enough for the pittance we got in return, in addition to the continuous slaps in the face from those in the ozone.

Sure Cap'n - you can have your chance. No less than a 50% reduction in the trash that's been allowed to run the facility into the ground. There are a few good ones in the mix, however, so tread lightly. Be wary of those who run up to you like a dog with your slippers - there's a lot of them in TULE.

Bottom line - you first.​

How would you like to be a manager that will be fired by Fred for not meeting production measurements and metrics when your workforce is digruntled as hell and can make or break your charts and graphs numbers? Talk about the inmates running the asylum, now we will decide with our productivity who stays and who goes. First Manager that pisses off the troops will have an aircraft or tow ran up his arse and then Fred will fire him.

NOT GONNA WORK OUT THE WAY THEY PLAN!!!

I'm JEALOUS that you guys will get the chance to "make or break" this Guy.

When I was Active,.....I use to...."LIVE"...for SH!T like this. :up: :up:

Use those camera phones guys,....take Lots of pic's as the "endeavour" progresses !!!

(Now lets see......................IDLOA....SK.....FMLA...........Hmm.)

I am not personally going to be involved in "making or breaking" this guy. I couldn't really care any less who is in charge of maintenance or the Tulsa base.

The good ol'e boy network of the TWU/AA Management will take of him without the help of us.

I am much more interested and comiitted to taking care of my own personal finances and preparing my own exit strategy from this dysfunctional Airline and Industry.

The membership signed the cards and then the infamous TWU/AA lovefest prevented them from voting.

There was no substantial outcry or action to reverse the TWU/AA/NMB decision.

Thus I can only assume those that are to be injured are simply getting what they deserve.

I will not spend another personal dime or minute to save the TWU stooge bastards from themselves. Rather I will watch with disgust and may invoke a "I told you so" every now and then when appropiate.

Since taking a position of non-responsibility for the demise of these idiots, my health and mental state have improved in dramatic measures.

I feel the same way "informer". We've tried everything under the sun to make the TWU sheep see the light and nothing works. When the axe comes,they will have nobody to blame but themselves.
Wait till the MULTI-HEADED HYDRA(contract extension) gets voted in. I can hear the TWU sheep bleating as the big bad wolf chows down.

It is really sad that Con-Man Romano hoodwinked the Navy Captain and placed him in the current situation.

Back