Captain Sullenberger - New CBS Aviation and Safety Expert

Beancounter

Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Sully-Sullenberger-taking-to-apf-4238386843.html?x=0&.v=1

Nice to finally see a news expert that will actually know what he or she is talking about.

Reactions: 1 person
If they'll use him properly. Too often the media only wants the experts to speculate about what went wrong in the first days after an accident or incident. The media doesn't have the patience to wait for the official explanation because they're too anxious to point the finger of blame or sensationalize.

Jim

If they'll use him properly. Too often the media only wants the experts to speculate about what went wrong in the first days after an accident or incident. The media doesn't have the patience to wait for the official explanation because they're too anxious to point the finger of blame or sensationalize.

Jim

Totally agree. I'm sure they'll ask him stupid questions. Hopefully he can work around them.

Off subject: Are you still on the 737?

At least he will know basic things like the difference between a 737 and a widebody, which they screw up all the time.

Reactions: 1 person
At least he will know basic things like the difference between a 737 and a widebody, which they screw up all the time.

LOL!! I don't know if you've ever been interviewed by a member of the media, but they're are some real dummies out there and what's frightening is the ones I spoke to with were from national publications. Actually Dawn Gilbertson of the AZ Republic and Steve at St Pete times are better than most. Captain Sullenberger asleep can give more intelligent responses. So he should be fine.

C'mon now....don't blame those at the Sand Castle...really no reason they should know the difference between aircraft types....a Boeing is a Boeing and a Bus is a Bus!! :blink:

C'mon now....don't blame those at the Sand Castle...really no reason they should know the difference between aircraft types....a Boeing is a Boeing and a Bus is a Bus!! :blink:

LOL! Cute. Did anyone else notice that US Airways is the only airline in the US with a flag as a logo YET runs nearly an all Airbus shop?

"It's not a flag. It is a stylized logo." Quote from either Wolf or one of those other previous dummies around LCC :D .

Funny, I've got an "I fly the Flag" Button with a US Airways plane on it. Think it's from the "Just call me Dave"era