700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Carrier's jobs shrink 45%

By Thomas Olson
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, US Airways has reduced its work force by 45 percent, a much more aggressive reduction than the average 26 percent reduction by the rest of America's top nine carriers, according to federal data released Monday.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics, the top nine airlines reduced their work forces by an average of 4.1 percent in the 12 months that ended in January. US Airways cut its workforce by 9.2 percent during that period, more than twice as much.

Click for Story

700UW said:
Carrier's jobs shrink 45%

By Thomas Olson
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, US Airways has reduced its work force by 45 percent, a much more aggressive reduction than the average 26 percent reduction by the rest of America's top nine carriers, according to federal data released Monday.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics, the top nine airlines reduced their work forces by an average of 4.1 percent in the 12 months that ended in January. US Airways cut its workforce by 9.2 percent during that period, more than twice as much.

Click for Story
[post="259214"][/post]​

I guess Steven Wolf was correct. Didn't he once state "you can't shrink an airline to profitability"?

I would be interested to see what % the Crystal City Braintrust cut management! I betcha it was not 45%. :angry: :( :(

Back