Censorship of Information by Burchette

Raptor

Veteran
Sep 23, 2003
Tulsa
Many of you probably know that local 565 sent out information on the extension against orders from the International then Dennis Burchette sent out a vague worthless letter condenming local 565 letter, here is my response to him.
Burchette in my opinion is worthless and he is the lead negotiator for the next contract.

Mr. Burchett we don’t need you to decide for us what information we need to know nor do we need for you to decide what OUR ELECTED Presidents can tell us, we ELECTED them to represent us their way NOT your way, if there is something that they think we need to know as our ELECTED officer then they have a right to tell us and it is NONE of your business, if you choose to put out vague worthless crap instead of real useful information then that is your right but please leave our ELECTED officers alone and let THEM decide as individuals what they think we should know.
I very much appreciate Local 565 for having the guts to give us real useful information, that is representation in my opinion, I have no doubt that the International will now try to remove them from office like they have done with so many past officers for not doing what they were told and that is just wrong.
The fact that local 565 President Keith Stewart did not feel that he needed approval from ALL the local Presidents to give his Members ACCURATE useful information is to bad for you and good for us, don’t ask us to trust you Dennis you were not Elected by us and many of us will Never trust you, we want real detailed information so that we can make up our own minds.
We can handle the facts, we don’t need you to protect us from them.
In my opinion Mr. Burchett you have become a company representative and are therefore doing Union Members a huge disservice and should step down from your APPOINTED position.

I talked to the vice President of local 565 and he said they will continue to give their Members information regardless of wether the International approves or not, I hope steve louis adopts the same policy. as apposed to being an International puppet.

It's about time we're told information from our local BEFORE we hear about it from Fox4news or the Star-Telegram as has happened in the past.

I talked to the vice President of local 565 and he said they will continue to give their Members information regardless of wether the International approves or not, I hope steve louis adopts the same policy. as apposed to being an International puppet.

You're kidding right?

Louis will be on the fast track to company unionism and international AAppointment.

Just watch.

So it was the vp who circulated the real deal, and I can only assume it was the president who had the posting removed from the union bulletin boards and had Burchette's leter posted now instead. :huh:

Amfaman I did not know that, I thought the VP and the President were on the same page with keeping their Members informed, the VP was the one I had talked to because the secretary said the President was unavailable, he did not mention wether the President was with him on giving his Members uncensored information or not, if in fact the President of Local 565 is not with the VP then it will be difficult for him to continue keeping his Members informed, more then likely the President Keith Stewart will not give him anymore information to let out. :(
That would be to bad for us, I was hoping to continue to get useful information from atleast one local.
The letter Burchette put out was completly worthless and did not tell us anything, I am sure that will continue to be the trend from Dennis ( company represenative ) Burchette.

There were some people in my shop criticising the real deal letter because it was not signed, I told the critics that it probably was not signed because the officers of local 565 did not want to give the International a firm target to shoot at, the VP did say that not all 565 officers were in agreement on wether to release the real deal information or not, but he did not mention which ones were in agreement.

You're kidding right?

Louis will be on the fast track to company unionism and international AAppointment.

Just watch.

I am probably one of the few people who has never actually met Steve Louis, nor have I heard much about him, so I really do not know what he is about at the present, I would like to talk to him somethime to see what kind of a feeling I get from him.

So far I have not seen any good information from him.

I am probably one of the few people who has never actually met Steve Louis, nor have I heard much about him, so I really do not know what he is about at the present, I would like to talk to him somethime to see what kind of a feeling I get from him.

So far I have not seen any good information from him.

I understand what you mean.

The fact is though, he has just had the chance to share the "DETAILS" of what the TWU and Company discussed, yet we are still in the dark. That says alot to me.

Why do you think they will not give specifics?

I understand what you mean.

The fact is though, he has just had the chance to share the "DETAILS" of what the TWU and Company discussed, yet we are still in the dark. That says alot to me.

Why do you think they will not give specifics?

I agree, it does not look good so far from him. <_<

I think the International is telling the Presidents to not give specifics because they think the masses cannot handle the truth and we will freak out and get all upset, and some may well do that but if they do that is their right, the local presidents should have the guts to be autonomous from the International but so far it appears their will be little of that, the next time louis is at the base I think I will make a point of looking for him to ask him if he intends to be autonomous and represent his Members or if he intends to be an International puppet, actions speak louder than words of course but I would still like to meet him and hear what he has to say.

I am assuming you have had a chance to see the details from local 565 is that correct ?
It has been going around the base.

Burchette thinks we should trust him and simply do what he says is in our best interest, I do not trust him at all, I think he will do what is in his best interest, that is probably one more reason he would like us kept in the dark, that guy really makes me nervous and for some reason he really has a nack for pissing me off, I was really ticked off when he sent his bullshit vague letter out hammering on 565 for giving us details and then said it was inaccurate information, then he did not give us any real information on his letter, he did not mention 565 in his letter but everyone knew who he was referring to.
I have not been able to send my letter to him hammering him yet because the International no longer has email, if you know where I can send it so that it will get to him please post it, I would like to have his address handy anyway as I am thinking this will not be the last letter I will want to send to him ;)

Was anything else expected from burchette? This guy is like a bad nightmare! He is the twu's version of a Phoenix. He was never "elected" into the int. the first time. He is ordered to step down. Goes back to Tulsa and some how finds enough blind fools to vote for him and then gets APPOINTED a second time into the int.

With burchette "in charge" you can trust on one thing. His #1 priority is the company.

I agree, it does not look good so far from him. <_<

I think the International is telling the Presidents to not give specifics because they think the masses cannot handle the truth and we will freak out and get all upset, and some may well do that but if they do that is their right, the local presidents should have the guts to be autonomous from the International but so far it appears their will be little of that, the next time louis is at the base I think I will make a point of looking for him to ask him if he intends to be autonomous and represent his Members or if he intends to be an International puppet, actions speak louder than words of course but I would still like to meet him and hear what he has to say.

I am assuming you have had a chance to see the details from local 565 is that correct ?
It has been going around the base.

Burchette thinks we should trust him and simply do what he says is in our best interest, I do not trust him at all, I think he will do what is in his best interest, that is probably one more reason he would like us kept in the dark, that guy really makes me nervous and for some reason he really has a nack for pissing me off, I was really ticked off when he sent his bullshit vague letter out hammering on 565 for giving us details and then said it was inaccurate information, then he did not give us any real information on his letter, he did not mention 565 in his letter but everyone knew who he was referring to.
I have not been able to send my letter to him hammering him yet because the International no longer has email, if you know where I can send it so that it will get to him please post it, I would like to have his address handy anyway as I am thinking this will not be the last letter I will want to send to him ;)

Go to the special meeting at the UMAC on the 20th and ask him then why we should vote to authorize a strike if the TWU is not going to disclose all information? Ask the man in front of the membership, not face to face and one on one.

I don't want to authorize a secret management friendly leadership to pretend a strike may occur as a farce to attempt a showing of unionism when all know they are kssing the company ass and licking the boots to the sole.

The truth probably is we are going to end up with exactly what the company porposed. Thus the TWU will not disclose the details, because they must first get the artificial strike vote and act real tough in posturing and then fold up like a cheap tent. I have seen this charade before and so have you. By not disclosing the details, you cannot complain that we ended with up with the same thing 2 years from now after the pretend tough negotiations and fake battle.

1791 Hurstview Dr., Hurst, Texas 76054 | 817-282-2544 | FAX 817-282-1906
Air Transport Division

1791 Hurstview Dr., Hurst, Texas 76054 | 817-282-2544 | FAX 817-282-1906
Air Transport Division

Thanks for the address I will get that letter sent off and I think the suggestion to go to the special meeting and ask some tough questions in front of the Membership is a good one, I think I will do that as well.

I hope many others will be there doing the same thing. :D

It could be interesting. I wonder if Burchette will be there flapping his gums.

Thanks for the address I will get that letter sent off and I think the suggestion to go to the special meeting and ask some tough questions in front of the Membership is a good one, I think I will do that as well.

I hope many others will be there doing the same thing. :D

It could be interesting. I wonder if Burchette will be there flapping his gums.

UMAC center is plenty big enough but I will bet the Line Mechanics would not be allowed into this meeting.

Special Membership Meeting

Time: 6:00 pm
When: Saturday, October 20, 2007
Where: UMAC 6836 South Mingo Tulsa, OK.

Plan to attend this special meeting. Spouses are welcome. Please do not bring children.

bluezebra.jpg

I WANT MY $$HIT BACK!

I have asked every year to attend the tulsa meetings and the contract meetings and every time I am denied. Maybe steve luis will let the line guys go and this way we all can participate together. No division of members, we all can speak for all to hear not segregated meetings and different speeches at each. I would welcome any Tulsa members to any of our meetings at JFK.