CEO Calls His Customers ‘Idiots’

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
Michael O’Leary, the CEO of the fee-happy European airline Ryanair, isn’t scared of a little controversy.

O’Leary is in the news again, this time for referring to Ryanair passengers—the people who have made him a rich man—as “idiots.”

O’Leary, in his usual sensitive manner, replied:

“We think Mrs McLeod should pay 60 euros for being so stupid,” he said. “She wasn’t able to print her boarding card because, as you know, there are no internet cafes in Alicante, no hotels where they could print them out for you, and you couldn’t get to a fax machine so some friend at home can print them and fax them to you… She wrote to me last week asking for compensation and a gesture of goodwill. To which we have replied, politely but firmly, thank you Mrs McLeod but it was your ****-up.”​

http://business.time.com/2012/09/11/thats-some-quirky-marketing-strategy-ceo-calls-his-customers-idiots/?hpt=hp_t3

You get what you pay for!

O'Leary's response to a complaint is no different from any USA-airline (except WN). He just said it publicly

He's backing up his front-line employees whom I'm sure were bombarded by this disgruntled customer.

Employees first, Customers second.

Michael O’Leary, the CEO of the fee-happy European airline Ryanair, isn’t scared of a little controversy.

O’Leary is in the news again, this time for referring to Ryanair passengers—the people who have made him a rich man—as “idiots.”

O’Leary, in his usual sensitive manner, replied:

“We think Mrs McLeod should pay 60 euros for being so stupid,” he said. “She wasn’t able to print her boarding card because, as you know, there are no internet cafes in Alicante, no hotels where they could print them out for you, and you couldn’t get to a fax machine so some friend at home can print them and fax them to you… She wrote to me last week asking for compensation and a gesture of goodwill. To which we have replied, politely but firmly, thank you Mrs McLeod but it was your ****-up.”​

http://business.time...iots/?hpt=hp_t3

You get what you pay for!
Heaven forbid that they had a kiosk with a printer at the airport.
B) xUT

Back