Nov 4, 2003
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Assocation
Office: 1390 Santa Alicia Ave. #16304
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Tel.: 619 395-6681
Fax: 619 271-2958

February 29, 2004

Dear AMTA Member & Friends,

Greetings everyone. I am writing to you to keep you up to date on the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association’s next project in educating to the public about the profession of the Aircraft Maintenance Technician. Our previous accomplishments were successful thanks to your membership fees and support. For that I am truly grateful.
As our motto of “REMEMBER THE PAST – THINK OF THE FUTUREâ€￾ implies we should always remember where we started to keep track of where we are headed. Our profession started with Charles E. Taylor and his skill, knowledge and professionalism and continues to this day every time an Aircraft Maintenance Technician touches an aircraft.
The AMTA is attempting to raise funds for a bust of Charles E. Taylor to be placed inside the San Diego Aerospace Museum by this December 17th, 2004. At this time there are no busts of any kind representing Aircraft Mechanics in the Museum. We wish to change that. Attached you will find a photo of the clay image the highly talented artist-sculptor Virginia Krause Hess has created. Also attached is a letter from Ms. Hess stating that it is not only the AMTA’s goal of passing on Charlie’s legacy but also that of others.
Mr. Howard DuFour mentioned in the attached letter spent years researching information about Charles E. Taylor that he published as an excellent biography of the life and contributions that were made by this “Unsung Heroâ€￾. It is through memberships and donations that enable the AMTA to achieve our goals. We are a nonprofit organization and all funds accepted are put forth in promoting the profession and craft of the Aircraft Maintenance Technician.
If your membership has expired this past year or you wish to join the AMTA please go to our web site,

www.amtausa.comand click on the Membership link.

If you wish to make a donation of any size you may use the convenient PayPal link or mail a check to the

AMTA
1390 Santa Alicia Ave. #16304
Chula Vista CA 91913.
Remember The Past
Think Of The Future
An individual does not need to be an Aircraft Maintenance Technician to join. All that is needed is a love of aviation. I would like to also ask you to pass this letter along to others. The AMTA would like to have the dedication of this beautiful image of Charles E. Taylor be a catered event with guest speakers much the same way that our previous event at the San Diego Aerospace Museum was this past May 24th, 2003.
In closing I wish to once again thank all those who have helped the AMTA achieve our goals as well as welcome future members to the AMTA. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me at the e-mail on our web site,

[email protected],

or at the contact numbers on the top of this letter.
Sincerely,
Ken MacTiernan
Director AMTA

Current CLAY Bust ready for foundry

c_taylor.jpg

Artist Letter:

artist_letter.jpg

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

I made the above post at the request of Mr. Ken MacTiernan that I recently recieved via e-mail.

Ken has already done so much to promote our profession and to gain recognition for the Aircraft Maintenance Technician. And it appears with our help he is well on his way to another excellent project and idea.

I would like to make this posting to personally thank Ken for all that he does.

THANK YOU KEN :)

Ken, I would like to thank you for all that you have done for our Craft. There are those that would like to politically tear you down as to not give you the credit you deserve. They do this to hide what you have done and to not allow others to see what you really do. You have been strong and supportive, keep up the great work and Thanks again!!!

Back