Charlotte NC hiring mechs

Mar 10, 2017
I'm thinking about going back to Airlines world after working corporate MRO for 5 years now. Anybody know how many mechs they're hiring?

Didn't hear of any hiring. I would go Delta or SWA if you are willing to relocate. The Association has been a big dissapointment.

Didn't hear of any hiring. I would go Delta or SWA if you are willing to relocate. The Association has been a big dissapointment.

Why don't you just try to answer the guys question. He didn't ask for your opinion on the Unions. Jeez.

I applied. I was just curious on the amount of openings. I also have applied to Delta. I'm guessing CLT is a us airways base?

I don't know if the Careers page would tell you if there's more than one opening or not? Hopefully a US Mechanic could answer the question for you maybe by looking at openings on a transfer list?

Yes it's US.

Thanks everybody. I'm well aware of the suck. I worked for American eagle for almost 5 years and transferred to AA TULE. 1 month after I got there is when AA filed bankruptcy. I did my 6 months probation and bailed. I've been itching to come back since. I really want to go back to an airline. I'm hoping to get on the line eventually...

Last edited:
I don't know if the Careers page would tell you if there's more than one opening or not? Hopefully a US Mechanic could answer the question for you maybe by looking at openings on a transfer list?

Yes it's US.

It doesn't tell me the number of openings. If I don't get a call I may wait on TULE to start hiring again

Word on the streets is TULE will be hiring 250 mechs late this year and early next year.

I wouldn't fly with any word on the streets personally myself.

It's all going to depend on what is in the language of a JCBA in regards to SCOPE and if it passes?

There "may" be a possibility of buyouts too to bring down some of those Labor costs in the future?

Word on the streets is TULE will be hiring 250 mechs late this year and early next year.
Well that would make a bunch of ex TAESL AMTs now OSMs in TULE very happy as they SHOULD be allowed to upgrade ahead of any hiring there. But I'd bet my last dollar there will be hiring in GRU before we have a contract or there is any hiring in TULE.