China Benefits From North Korea’s Crazy Blustering

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
China Benefits From North Korea’s Crazy Blustering

This is an opinion piece, IMHO is very plausible.

Sen. Bob Corker is puzzled that Beijing has not done more to pressure North Korea to denuclearize, suggesting that the Chinese should fear nuclear proliferation to Japan or South Korea if Pyongyang’s provocations go unanswered (“Does China Really Want a Nuclear Japan and South Korea?,” op-ed, April 16).

Yet he shows why China has have no reason to worry, especially compared with the prospect of a North Korean collapse.

According to Mr. Corker, doubts about U.S. security guarantees are causing Tokyo and Seoul to consider nuclear weapons programs. There is no evidence that either capital is seriously considering a nuclear weapons program. Further, both states enjoy formal security guarantees from Washington that the Obama administration has re-emphasized as part of the “pivot.” Mr. Corker’s preferred policy—an even “deeper and more visible [U.S.] military presence in the region”—will shrink the already minute prospect of proliferation to either country. Accordingly, the Chinese are unlikely to push Pyongyang hard enough because of the risks involved. A North Korean collapse, which would be more likely than a nuclear Japan or South Korea, raises the likelihood of chaos, loose nuclear materials and refugee flows in the short run, and a unified Korea with U.S. troops on the Chinese border in the long run. Beijing understandably views either prospect as more dangerous than the extremely unlikely proliferation scenario Mr. Corker raises.

The Chinese understand that nuclear dominoes are not about to start falling when Washington is spending more of its own resources on the defense of South Korea and Japan. They also understand the extraordinary dangers in pushing North Korea to the brink of collapse. As long as Washington reassures its clients in the region, the Chinese will be right to shrug off the threat of a nuclear Japan or South Korea as fanciful.

B) xUT

IMHO China and the US continue to play a blind-man's bluff with each other just to flex their muscle. N Korea can have a tantrum and China will leave Taiwan alone! Yes that is the bottom line of this political scenario!

Yea well maybe not.

War on the Korean Peninsula is near. Trump needs this to feed his strongman stigma and to take the heat of Russia investigation/collusion off him.

I predict a US strike on missle launch site within the next 60 days. How China reacts will be key. Trump is meeting with them and setting the stage.

War on the Korean Peninsula is near. Trump needs this to feed his strongman stigma and to take the heat of Russia investigation/collusion off him.

I predict a US strike on missle launch site within the next 60 days. How China reacts will be key. Trump is meeting with them and setting the stage.
So what do you suggest? There will come a time when North Korea will have a missile that could reach the U.S. and paired with an atomic warhead. And that time could be sooner than later. So again rather pointing out what may or may not happen, again that do you suggest?

So what do you suggest? There will come a time when North Korea will have a missile that could reach the U.S. and paired with an atomic warhead. And that time could be sooner than later. So again rather pointing out what may or may not happen, again that do you suggest?
Didn't history teach you anything?
It isn't all about NK, Kim is nuts and he really doesn't care because China supports him.
What do you think China and Russia would do if we did a preemptive strike on NK?
Sing KoomBaya?
:eek:

Didn't history teach you anything?
It isn't all about NK, Kim is nuts and he really doesn't care because China supports him.
What do you think China and Russia would do if we did a preemptive strike on NK?
Sing KoomBaya?
:eek:
No more K-Pop and Kias?

Trump will 'solve' North Korea without China
Best of Today
President Donald Trump has said the United States will "solve" the nuclear threat from North Korea, with or without China's help.

"If China is not going to solve North Korea, we will. That is all I am telling you," he said in an interview with the Financial Times.

Who is 'we'? LOL:eek:

Trump will 'solve' North Korea without China
Best of Today
President Donald Trump has said the United States will "solve" the nuclear threat from North Korea, with or without China's help.

"If China is not going to solve North Korea, we will. That is all I am telling you," he said in an interview with the Financial Times.

Who is 'we'? LOL:eek:

Trump: "I alone can fix this" ... "I know more than the generals" , so there's that.

Good thing Mother allowed Pence to go to east Asia over the holidays. He will be in Seoul during the Kim family holiday nuke test. Of course Trump will be on the links continuing to fugg over everything and everyone who did or didn't it for him. But yeah, at least he is not HRC. Suckers.

.... But yeah, at least he is not HRC. Suckers.

Indeed; "at least he is not HRC." All actually (or even marginally) sane people everywhere can thank God for that much, especially since it was "Slick WIllie's" doings that gave the lunatics in North Korea free range to develop nuclear weapons in the first place, and we must not forget the enhanced "safety" the world now enjoys through your darling Hildabeast's bought-and-paid-for agreement to hand Putin nearly a quarter of the USA's uranium access on a platter...Not to mention obama's essentially funding Iran's development of nuclear weapons via handing them how many $BILLION again? Sigh...Let's take a closer look (from actual history) at just how much another Clinton would've doubtless "benefited" America, shall we? Perhaps via "An end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean peninsula"? What's not to laugh at anytime a treasonous "liberal" speaks?...And yet you amazingly employ the term "suckers" towards others...? ;) Don't get me wrong by even imagining for a moment I actually trust ANYONE because of any "Party" affiliation. I fully expect a whole lot of self-interested "politics" to issue forth from infantile narcissists (and all-too-often out-right sociopaths) from each "side" elected as only laughably supposed "Representatives of the People"...but the Dems do seem the only ones absolutely dedicated to the destruction of their very own country.

Last edited: