City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
fun, as in, this would be when DL decides whether they decide to go into a legal battle or just turn up the competitive juice another couple notches.

Since DL just announced new service from EWR to LHR as well as LAX to LHR, it isn't surprising that UA wants to try to be the only legacy carrier at DAL.

DL"s history of winning in competitive incursions is strong against UA just as it is with AA and WN.

I can think of a long list of markets where DL could redeploy the aircraft it was going to use for ATL-DAL and then throw in a few growth hormones to make the point even more clear that DL doesn't run from the competition but rather embraces.

Suddenly we're acting like Delta is doing something innovative by putting its metal on more LHR routes? The reality is that these markets under-perform for Virgin Atlantic, and Delta, with it's cheaper costs and planes, is simply trying to help make those losses less by inserting its metal. 

Reactions: 8 people
Tell me what other US legacy carrier has three int'l longhaul routes out of another's hub - which is not also a hub for that carrier?

the answer is NONE.

DL via its partnerships has managed to operate 3 int'l longhaul routes (or will) from EWR. because the AF/KL and VS JVs are separate, DL has the ability to sell all 3 destinations as part of its overall sales package in NYC, which obviously includes its LGA and JFK operation as well.

Feel free to argue the point if you want. DL is by far the most aggressive in growing its network in other carriers' key markets of the big 4 while AA and WN have particularly done all they can to hide from competition.

Regardless of what happens at DAL, DL WILL escalate its competitive positioning in key industry markets.

I am absolutely assured of that.

besides, this is probably as good of a time to cash in on all of the AA int'l FAs who will look like death warmed over after having to spend 5 hours in the middle of the night on a longhaul flight to Europe or S. America in the galleys when AA rips the crew rest cabins out of 2/3 of the AA fleet.

WorldTraveler said:
fun, as in, this would be when DL decides whether they decide to go into a legal battle or just turn up the competitive juice another couple notches.

Oh I can't wait for the legal lectures. 
Again. 
Although I must admit that I learned a lot in the WN forum when the DAL gate divesture was being discussed.  Essentially I learned that all the diatribes WT wrote were incorrect ............

Reactions: 4 people
what WE learned is that you and 99% of the rest of the users on this forum don't understand the use of the conditional form of verbs in the English language.

Not once did I say that Dl would pursue a legal solution without condition.

not once.

and what you can't deny is that DL has a far better job of growing into other carrier's hub markets than the other way around.

that is precisely why AA and UA don't want DL at DAL.

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

Oh I can't wait for the legal lectures. 
Again. 
Although I must admit that I learned a lot in the WN forum when the DAL gate divesture was being discussed.  Essentially I learned that all the diatribes WT wrote were incorrect ............
you mean the same lectures during the merger of AA and US regarding DL and what it wanted and cld not get??   

We all get this...  DL is gonna buy AA and UA   so they can be the biggest donkey arse airline in the world  and WT will be the CEO of the  newly merged DL!  thats what everyone here gets!!!  

Reactions: 2 people
from someone who signs their posts "AA - The World's Largest Flying Circus" and uses the name "robbedagain" your comments are incredibly rich.

No, robbed, I'm not going to be the CEO of any company but you, I guarantee, will be robbedyetagain by the employer that you berate even while defending them - I guess some type of masochism you guys practice.

WorldTraveler said:
and what you can't deny is that DL has a far better job of growing into other carrier's hub markets than the other way around.

that is precisely why AA and UA don't want DL at DAL.

Wow, that doesn't make any sense, Mr. Zero Sense-maker.

DL does an amazeballs job of growing at other carriers' hubs, but AA doesn't want DL at DAL?
They'd prefer them directly at DFW?
Come again?

Wait, nevermind, I just remembered I don't care

Reactions: 2 people
AdAstraPerAspera said:

Wow, that doesn't make any sense, Mr. Zero Sense-maker.

DL does an amazeballs job of growing at other carriers' hubs, but AA doesn't want DL at DAL?
They'd prefer them directly at DFW?
Come again?

Wait, nevermind, I just remembered I don't care

And, of course - lest we forget while focusing on all the latest moves from Delta's crack internet legal team - the pretty important confounding variable here is that, in general, Delta's hubs tend to be in smaller (demographically and economically) places, which is the main motivator for Delta having to move into other carriers' hubs.  It's true that Delta can typically milk several of its fortress hubs for relatively higher margins, but that's also because, in general, they are markets with more limited demand and growth potential that aren't worth fighting over, whereas Delta wants (need) in on the economic (revenue) behemoths like NYC, LAX, etc. more critically.

Oh man ... I've really done it now ...

Reactions: 7 people
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised at this outcome. Simply stunned.

It also changes the outcome of a certain wager that was made when the whole Love Field Gate Follies started, no?...

Reactions: 3 people
I assume that UA plans to increase its flights at DAL in two weeks.   Last time I looked at the UA schedule from DFW, there were too many daily flights for UA to simply move its DFW operations over to DAL, unless UA was willing to sacrifice some frequencies (I think UA has about 30+ daily departures from DFW).  

Status
Not open for further replies.