City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait maybe he flew Delta cause they can cure it as the CDC has its headquarters in ATL also, lol!

Reactions: 1 person
or maybe he didn't fly DL at all or maybe he did and the CDC has determined there is no risk or wasn't at the time he was on DL.

again, E is wetting himself hoping that some great economic calamity will befall DL as a result of serving Africa.

how incredibly pathetic

and also has nothing to do with DAL but I guess he has to try something since no one is bothering to read or respond to the thread he started.

Uh, no, asshat. I'm mostly concerned that the disease which wasn't supposed to be here is now here.

If it came here on an DL airplane, even you can't undo the damage to the brand from that.

Reactions: 3 people
DL didn't serve ROB at the time the CDC said the patient left Africa.

take your concern where there is enough data to discuss and not speculate in the name of trying to foment fear.

No one wants to post on your thread.

Grow up and move on.

this topic is about DAL, the airport.

topDawg said:
Send them to DFW and toss a little money at them. 

rebook/refund those that just can't go to DFW. 
I know Dawg, just trying to get him to admit he was wrong so I can move onward...

I agreed with dawg on that point.

YOu haven't acknowledged that your and WN's statement about reducing ATL service because they are competing for the ATL local market doesn't really work if WN doesn't fly the market nonstop when other competitors not only do fly nonstop but do it multiple times per day.

There is a reason why DL's margins in ATL have been going up as much as they have - and DL execs have repeatedly said it - because high value business passengers have given up on WN and FL in most of FL's markets because the schedule has been cut back so far that WN can't be competitive in those markets any longer.

that is exactly what I expected would happen when the merger between FL and WN was announced.

WN simply does not have the size at ATL to compete against DL's massive hub without dramatically undercutting DL fares, something WN cannot do.

WorldTraveler said:
 Of course DL didn't say that their ability to serve DAL was highly questionable if they had to sub-lease from UA but that was clearly the reality.

DL knew full well that UA could easily do exactly what it just did which was decide to terminate the lease.

The simpleton comment is absolutely accurate when you think it is something to LUV to kick a competitor out of the marketplace in order to avoid competing with them.

Given the pitiful track record that WN has in competing against DL, it is absolutely no surprise that WN wants to run and hide from DL - half of the number of flights in ATL in just two years with dozens of markets cut, SLC is a dot ON WN's map and nothing more.

You are the epitome of the myth of WN. they hide behind artificial barriers just as AA does. Now that WN is facing credible competition, including in the marketplace and on Wall Street, WN doesn't look so great after all.
Your so full of crap WT.  I am only boasting on Delta getting booted is because it is the exact opposite of what YOU said was going to happen and it validates that you were proven wrong once again, and this is the only reason.  Delta would not have been any kind of threat to SWA at LF period.  Virgin will be a better threat to SWA than Delta would be by a long shot.  Delta's product at LF falls way, way behind SWA's and Virgin's.  It has nothing to do with SWA or me being "afraid" of competition from Delta, far from it.  Get a clue man.  You still don't know the reason I am here do you???  So Sad...

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
no robbed, I said DL MIGHT, not WAS GONNA, do anything.

I can't and won't admit I am wrong because you don't understand the use of verbs in the English language and have chosen to misinterpret what I said based on that.

and, E, DL has had AMAZING luck competing with UA. You probably don't know or don't want to admit that DL has managed to grow its share of the west coast to Asia market by 5 share points in the space of the past two years - which doesn't even include this summer.

And that is on top of what DL has done in shifting share to/from NYC from UA to DL.

DL has been and will continue to be very successful at targeting UA in its highest revenue markets.
Wrong again mister.  You did say they were gonna.  Flip-Flop...

WorldTraveler said:
I agreed with dawg on that point.

YOu haven't acknowledged that your and WN's statement about reducing ATL service because they are competing for the ATL local market doesn't really work if WN doesn't fly the market nonstop when other competitors not only do fly nonstop but do it multiple times per day.

There is a reason why DL's margins in ATL have been going up as much as they have - and DL execs have repeatedly said it - because high value business passengers have given up on WN and FL in most of FL's markets because the schedule has been cut back so far that WN can't be competitive in those markets any longer.

that is exactly what I expected would happen when the merger between FL and WN was announced.

WN simply does not have the size at ATL to compete against DL's massive hub without dramatically undercutting DL fares, something WN cannot do.
You see, this is where your moron colors come out once again.  I clearly have told or admitted to the reduction of flights at ATL by SWA.  My first response to you and several afterwards I gave you detailed reasons why SWA reduced flights at ATL, and the biggest and most important was the fact that we were growing much much more profitable routes and adding new routes thru-out the system and we could not get (and still cannot) enough A/C from boeing.  WoW!  You really can't comprehend.  You just keep making crap up to try to make yourself look better, keep twisting the truth around and deflect and rearrange your previous posts to reflect what you really want it to say after the fact.  There are people on here that remember these convo's between you and I and you sir, are lying once again after being proven wrong.  You really are pathetic man...

well, yes, you have said that WN had better and more profitable places to grow. And my question is simply why DL can make money flying routes that WN can't?

and you most definitely have used the WN corporate line that WN was focusing on the local ATL market.

problem with that is that WN cannot really compete in markets where it does not fly nonstop.

and DL's PRODUCT at DAL would have been the same as it is in other markets - onboard 717s which have the same onboard amenities as DL's M80s and 90s which compose more than 1/3 of DL's domestic fleet. and on those aircraft DL has repeatedly shown it can generate revenue premiums not only to WN but also other carriers in the industry.

so, no, DL's product wouldn't have been an issue.

DL's ability to serve the market is.

and, if it makes you feel better, short of a miracle, you will be right that DL won't serve DAL.

Now tell me, what does it do for you knowing that your company has to EXCLUDE carriers from a market in order to win?

What kind of lessons did you learn in kindergarten that the only way for you to win is for no one else to even be able to play?

And I'm not sure why you can't grasp that there is absolutely no market which DL serves which has a similar situation as what exists at DAL.

AA and WN have paid off N. Texas officials and now the federal government for so long that you are blind to what true competition is all about.

DL can and will win in markets where it can really compete.

AA and WN will simply have to live with the reality that business IS competitive and DL knows how to win in that environment while AA and WN have both existed for years behind limited access markets.

WN's arrival in ATL was the best thing that has happened to DL in decades.

BTW DL said it remains committed to serving both DAL and DFW and is working with all parties to find a solution.

WorldTraveler said:
well, yes, you have said that WN had better and more profitable places to grow. And my question is simply why DL can make money flying routes that WN can't?

and you most definitely have used the WN corporate line that WN was focusing on the local ATL market.

problem with that is that WN cannot really compete in markets where it does not fly nonstop.

and DL's PRODUCT at DAL would have been the same as it is in other markets - onboard 717s which have the same onboard amenities as DL's M80s and 90s which compose more than 1/3 of DL's domestic fleet. and on those aircraft DL has repeatedly shown it can generate revenue premiums not only to WN but also other carriers in the industry.

so, no, DL's product wouldn't have been an issue.

DL's ability to serve the market is.

and, if it makes you feel better, short of a miracle, you will be right that DL won't serve DAL.

Now tell me, what does it do for you knowing that your company has to EXCLUDE carriers from a market in order to win?

What kind of lessons did you learn in kindergarten that the only way for you to win is for no one else to even be able to play?

And I'm not sure why you can't grasp that there is absolutely no market which DL serves which has a similar situation as what exists at DAL.

AA and WN have paid off N. Texas officials and now the federal government for so long that you are blind to what true competition is all about.

DL can and will win in markets where it can really compete.

AA and WN will simply have to live with the reality that business IS competitive and DL knows how to win in that environment while AA and WN have both existed for years behind limited access markets.

WN's arrival in ATL was the best thing that has happened to DL in decades.

BTW DL said it remains committed to serving both DAL and DFW and is working with all parties to find a solution.
Once again you are full of shite.  And you have no clue.  MY company had nothing to do with the restrictions of your carrier remaining at LF and neither did AA.  Holy cow, are you that freakin stupid? And again you say SWA cannot compete where it cannot fly non-stop? REALLY??  Get a clue man.  You are really out there.  SWA has been very successful at competing with AA, as well as Delta, for many years here in the Dallas market "even though we never flew non-stop flights".  Man you are just reaching out there at this point.  The rest of your post does not deserve any further response, pathetic post from you WT.  And BTW, Delta's product is in fact far less than SWA's or Virgin's.  Delta was going to serve the LF flights with 717's, small RJ's.  SWA and Virgin will serve with larger jets.  Virgin will have first class, bis class, and a much much better coach class than even SWA.  The product is very much so at question here between the 3 carriers, but now that Delta is out of here it will now be between 2.  Give it up WT, give it up, your done, Delta's done at LF and in the N. Tx market...

Reactions: 2 people
LD3 said:
I am not sure if this link will work:http://digital.airportimprovement.com/Vizion5/viewer.aspx?id=12&pageId=1#issueID=12&pageID=1  but good article on how the City and SW work on the Love Field terminal project..

I am not sure if this link will work:http://digital.airportimprovement.com/Vizion5/viewer.aspx?id=12&pageId=1#issueID=12&pageID=1  but good article on how the City and SW work on the Love Field terminal project..

Fantastic article.  Had no clue that SWA had full control of this project.  New they had input, but to fully control it was a win win for all involved {Except for Delta}

Didn't work for me, but went on a search for it, here it is in full:

Love Field \"Wright-Sizes\" With New Terminal by Jodi ...

Having the largest tenant managing an airport construction project isn't all that unusual.

Has anyone decided where all those 717's DL wanted to flaunt in WN's HDQ's face are going to go?

Once again you are full of shite.  And you have no clue.  MY company had nothing to do with the restrictions of your carrier remaining at LF and neither did AA.  Holy cow, are you that freakin stupid? And again you say SWA cannot compete where it cannot fly non-stop? REALLY??  Get a clue man.  You are really out there.  SWA has been very successful at competing with AA, as well as Delta, for many years here in the Dallas market "even though we never flew non-stop flights".  Man you are just reaching out there at this point.  The rest of your post does not deserve any further response, pathetic post from you WT.  And BTW, Delta's product is in fact far less than SWA's or Virgin's.  Delta was going to serve the LF flights with 717's, small RJ's.  SWA and Virgin will serve with larger jets.  Virgin will have first class, bis class, and a much much better coach class than even SWA.  The product is very much so at question here between the 3 carriers, but now that Delta is out of here it will now be between 2.  Give it up WT, give it up, your done, Delta's done at LF and in the N. Tx market...
you are truly brainwashed if you don't think that AA and WN didn't do everything possible to lock up the N. Texas market including negotiating to limit the size of DAL AFTER WN had obtained access to the majority of the gates in the terminal.

DO you even know what the Five Party Agreement is? Are there any other carriers besides AA and WN that are part of that agreement? IS there any mention of any airlines including DL in that agreement? Absolutely no.

The Wright Amendment was AA's efforts to limit WN which WN fought for years to overturn. WN itself has acknowledged that. The 2006 agreement was AA, WN, and 3 government parties all agreeing how to restructure the Wright Amendment.

To argue that AA and WN had nothing to do with it is complete nonsense.

If they had nothing to do with it, then they wouldn't have signed it.

your childish attempts at trying to exclude or hope for the exclusion of a carrier from the market is breathtaking from an airline employee, let alone someone at WN that talks about how competitive they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts