City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure we're still going to hear about how they dominate local traffic between North Texas and their inland hubs.

Reactions: 4 people
this is where I start signing WN's petition to be able to operate int'l flights from DAL.

Just like I signed their petition to build an int'l terminal at HOU.

eolesen said:
Having the largest tenant managing an airport construction project isn't all that unusual.

Has anyone decided where all those 717's DL wanted to flaunt in WN's HDQ's face are going to go?
Yes.  NOT in DAL...

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
you are truly brainwashed if you don't think that AA and WN didn't do everything possible to lock up the N. Texas market including negotiating to limit the size of DAL AFTER WN had obtained access to the majority of the gates in the terminal.

DO you even know what the Five Party Agreement is? Are there any other carriers besides AA and WN that are part of that agreement? IS there any mention of any airlines including DL in that agreement? Absolutely no.

The Wright Amendment was AA's efforts to limit WN which WN fought for years to overturn. WN itself has acknowledged that. The 2006 agreement was AA, WN, and 3 government parties all agreeing how to restructure the Wright Amendment.

To argue that AA and WN had nothing to do with it is complete nonsense.

If they had nothing to do with it, then they wouldn't have signed it.

your childish attempts at trying to exclude or hope for the exclusion of a carrier from the market is breathtaking from an airline employee, let alone someone at WN that talks about how competitive they are.
Comprehension DA, comprehension.  Get a clue.  Re-read what you posted and then what I posted.  You still and continue to look like a moron, idiot, dumb-ass, however you want to form it.  SWA and AA had NOTHING to do with the DOJ's rules and regulations on the divestures of the gates at DAL LF.  PERIOD...

WorldTraveler said:
this is where I start signing WN's petition to be able to operate int'l flights from DAL.

Just like I signed their petition to build an int'l terminal at HOU.
Trust me, they are coming, as I have said before...
Any more questions???

Reactions: 1 person
Comprehension DA, comprehension.  Get a clue.  Re-read what you posted and then what I posted.  You still and continue to look like a moron, idiot, dumb-ass, however you want to form it.  SWA and AA had NOTHING to do with the DOJ's rules and regulations on the divestures of the gates at DAL LF.  PERIOD...
you and your ignorance of what actually took place are an absolute embarrassment. Your statements are so far from reality you would have to be on drugs to have made them.

AA/US pleaded with the DOT and DOJ to prohibit any legacy carriers from receiving the divested slots.

WN went running to the government asking for them to get the gates and arguing why DL shouldn't get them, despite the fact that WN already and still controls 80% of the gates at DAL.

You have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not understand how much both AA and WN have worked to protect the duopoly (that's two companies carving up a market) in N. Texas

DL's best reward will come in knowing that the US airline system is NOT made of on protected markets and where they aren't blocked by ridiculous protectionistic laws, DL can and will win against AA and WN every time.... just like they have been doing.

the only ignorant one on this thread would be you since u claim to be right every single time   Since SWAMT is an active WN employee and has pretty good knowledge on whats going on at SWA in DAL  ill take his word over yours anyday.....

Reactions: 2 people
what SWAMT claims means absolutely nothing because it is simply a lie.

His own company argued for changing the WA to give WN access to the entire US, argued for access to the 2 gates even after they had locked up 16 out of 20 gates, and argued against any other legacy carriers being in DAL.

the reason why you are as ignorant on so many subjects is because you choose to listen to the people who make you feel good but don't know a clue about what they are talking about.

For you or he to say that AA and WN didn't do all they could to limit access to DAL to any real competition is nothing but the stuff of Puff the Magic Dragon.

Enjoy the trip but you will come back to earth and reality - and it will be hard.

WorldTraveler said:
You have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not understand how much both AA and WN have worked to protect the duopoly (that's two companies carving up a market) in N. Texas

DL's best reward will come in knowing that the US airline system is NOT made of on protected markets and where they aren't blocked by ridiculous protectionistic laws, DL can and will win against AA and WN every time.... just like they have been doing.
Boy, all this talk about crying to gov. authorities, protected markets, etc. sure sounds like the description of the operation DL is running in the "Tokyo market". i guess whole truth and winning aren't meant to go together ......................

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:
the reason why you are as ignorant on so many subjects is because you choose to listen to the people who make you feel good but don't know a clue about what they are talking about.
What's spectator telling you this morning?

Boy, all this talk about crying to gov. authorities, protected markets, etc. sure sounds like the description of the operation DL is running in the "Tokyo market". i guess whole truth and winning aren't meant to go together ......................
except that AA not only got the JV with AA that was part of the deal to provide access to HND for US carriers but got one of the 4 slots to HND and gave up on it after trying to switch it to LAX even when they operated it.

Not only did AA operate JFK-HND at enormous losses but they also had periods when they did not operate it on a continuous basis.

Somehow, AA is senile at what it did in HND when it did have the right to serve it and dismissive of the fact that its LAX-NRT flight is one of the lowest revenue flights from the west coast to Asia among ALL carriers.

also doesn't change that DOT rules say that a route becomes dormant if it isn't serve for 90 days.

DL won't do that. AA has no chance of gaining access to the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.