City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt I cant remember the cities where WN cut back but I do believe majority of them were from PHL and points northward.   I do know WN went there around the time US was 2nd time at the CH 11 gate and WN may not of counted on a good fight but US did knock one out of the park there.    I want to say it was sometime in 04 and 05 area but someone can correct me if Im wrong  but that's my best guess

and yet, you, swamt, are salivating at the prospect that DL will be forced out of DAL.

Hope you have something else to suck on to keep your mouth wet because DL will be at DAL.

yes, robbed, I am aware that US pushed WN into submission at PHL - because WN has never really liked competing directly against legacy carriers although will when the legacy is weak enough but find it ever harder to compete against legacies now that WN's costs are so much higher than they were in the past.

WN's expansion into DEN and PHL both occurred when WN was living off the benefits of its fuel hedge gains while other carriers didn't have any.

that situation doesn't exist and very likely will not occur again.

DL isn't the only carrier that can push back on low cost carriers but DL has been more consistent in protecting its hubs and major markets including former hubs from low fare carriers than any of the other legacy carriers.

WorldTraveler said:
DL isn't the only carrier that can push back on low cost carriers but DL has been more consistent in protecting its hubs and major markets including former hubs from low fare carriers than any of the other legacy carriers.

Are you feeling OK - you just admitted another airline can do something right

Reactions: 1 person
it is only in your mind that you believe that I can't give another airline credit.

I have repeatedly said that WN is a very well run airline.

in fact, about the only thing that I have criticized WN for is the whole DAL issue - and WN itself, and not their forum representatives here, have made pretty good choices.

I have no doubt that WN's decision to pull down ATL will result in better profits for them over time.

and yes, US did a number of things right as well. I have repeatedly mentioned them whether you saw them or not.

swamt said:
Sorry about that LD3.  When I was in the middle of my post I admit I was too lazy to run thru the postings to see who it was.  But thx for pointing it out in a very sad but funny way, cheers...
Cheers back at ya my friend.....  Happy New Year..

your compliments almost exclusively come as backhanded compliments
it's a shame that you see only the negative and cannot see positive when it is given to you.

WN IS a well-run airline and did manage to adapt better than other airlines who ended up in BK. WN's younger age certainly helped.

I have repeatedly said that WN will succeed at DAL. Never once have I said they would not.

I have also repeatedly said they would succeed in Latin America.

I have also repeatedly said that WN has retained its local market share in ATL despite pulling down flights. They have increased average fares while pulling many markets which means that DL's ATL revenues have improved.

my only focus has been that DL would also be a part of whatever success WN enjoys at DAL which has clearly happened and will continue to happen.

robbedagain said:
swamt I cant remember the cities where WN cut back but I do believe majority of them were from PHL and points northward.   I do know WN went there around the time US was 2nd time at the CH 11 gate and WN may not of counted on a good fight but US did knock one out of the park there.    I want to say it was sometime in 04 and 05 area but someone can correct me if Im wrong  but that's my best guess
Not sure either robbed.  But US was successful in defending very well...

WorldTraveler said:
it's a shame that you see only the negative and cannot see positive when it is given to you.

WN IS a well-run airline and did manage to adapt better than other airlines who ended up in BK. WN's younger age certainly helped.

I have repeatedly said that WN will succeed at DAL. Never once have I said they would not.

I have also repeatedly said they would succeed in Latin America.

I have also repeatedly said that WN has retained its local market share in ATL despite pulling down flights. They have increased average fares while pulling many markets which means that DL's ATL revenues have improved.

my only focus has been that DL would also be a part of whatever success WN enjoys at DAL which has clearly happened and will continue to happen.

There is a first time for everything - let's see if it continues

There is a first time for everything - let's see if it continues
I have repeatedly noted the strengths for many companies, but as an apparent loyal AAer, let me be the first to wish you and AA a very successful 2015.

WorldTraveler said:
I have repeatedly noted the strengths for many companies, but as an apparent loyal AAer, let me be the first to wish you and AA a very successful 2015.
Your not the first, so don't even try to represent as such...

and again, no one came close to saying that I am the only one that has noted positives for other airlines.

I have, however, noted many positives including that WN will do well at DAL and in Latin America.

Can you not just accept it as my wishes for your company's success in 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.