City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
and again, no one came close to saying that I am the only one that has noted positives for other airlines.

I have, however, noted many positives including that WN will do well at DAL and in Latin America.

Can you not just accept it as my wishes for your company's success in 2015?
Try reading the post above my post that I answered.  Hellooooo.  I was telling you that you were not the first tell him or AA happy New Year.  C'mon man are really that dumb???  And you wonder why some of us resort to names, quite frankly you deserve them...

Reactions: 2 people
It's just not worth it. Let him keep playing with the call button if he wants to. Tuning it out is easier than you think.

Reactions: 1 person
Try reading the post above my post that I answered.  Hellooooo.  I was telling you that you were not the first tell him or AA happy New Year.  C'mon man are really that dumb???  And you wonder why some of us resort to names, quite frankly you deserve them...
you really need help if you want to argue about who said what first, including a well-intended Happy New Year.

You call people names because you aren't big enough to participate in the conversation.

You NEED those best wishes.

Grow. Up. Now. and participate in the conversation as a mature adult.

worrying about who offered congratulations to someone and who did it first is the height of immaturity.

not very mature of anyone to call people names.

let's all decide in 2015 to make this board a better place to meet - and quit using what other people do as justification for our actions, ok?

I'm in - let's see how long it lasts

Shall we also try not bashing every other airline?

I don't bash other airlines.

I talk about business issues.

May I suggest you not take it personally. If AA is your employer, it is a business, not your mother.

If you don't want to talk about business issues related to the industry, may I suggest you put me on ignore.

otherwise, Happy New Year.

This didn't last long - your suggesting AA is my mother?

Happy to talk about industry issues why else would anyone be on here - however you have to realize at some point - your approach of trashing AA and other airlines (you can try to rationalize your approach away - however I'm not in the minority of how you approach putting down AA at every chance - see UA board where somehow AA's operation made it into the discussion)

Happy New Year!

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
you really need help if you want to argue about who said what first, including a well-intended Happy New Year.You call people names because you aren't big enough to participate in the conversation.You NEED those best wishes.Grow. Up. Now. and participate in the conversation as a mature adult.worrying about who offered congratulations to someone and who did it first is the height of immaturity.

Everyone on here knows they cannot engage in a conversation with you !!!! With you its all one sided , slanted, and biased only to fit your narrative!!! You spin facts, evade questions, talk down to everyone, and yes called others names. This whole board is on to you and your antics, and you know have zero credibility! You've become pathetic and are a complete joke!!

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
It's just not worth it. Let him keep playing with the call button if he wants to. Tuning it out is easier than you think.
I know, I was just having some fun with it.  I can see where some of you are getting bored with it so I will pull back the throttles.  I just continuously laugh my  but off some times.  Lord knows that you just can't fix stupid. Back to cruising altitude...

jcw said:
This didn't last long - your suggesting AA is my mother?

Exactly.  I was thinking the same exact thing then read your post and laughed out loud, loud enough to startle my wife sitting here reading.

diamondcutter said:
Everyone on here knows they cannot engage in a conversation with you !!!! With you its all one sided , slanted, and biased only to fit your narrative!!! You spin facts, evade questions, talk down to everyone, and yes called others names. This whole board is on to you and your antics, and you know have zero credibility! You've become pathetic and are a complete joke!!
I agree with you 100%.  I turned myself into him and went head to head with him to prove a point to him and to see if he would change after someone acting just like him to him.  He did notice it as he called me names, called me a 4 year old, and all kinds of the same stuff he does, but he did not take the corrective action like a normal adult should have.  E has requested I refrain and quit and I will oblige to him and the rest of the forum, but it was fun.

eolesen said:
It's just not worth engaging WT, so don't even bother.
Your right.  I tried an experiment and it did not work, but it was worth trying...

no, I didn't suggest AA was your mother.

I said BECAUSE it is not, you, like everyone else here should be capable of engaging in discussions about business issues in the industry.

I will be here in 2015 discussing business issues; anyone who wants to is welcome to participate in discussions and debates.

WT, maybe this is why you have such a bad rap.  You can't even get basic facts right like dates from your post 773 on this topic.  Virgin America was awarded the gate divestiture in May of 2014, it has been much less than 1 year since that time.  It has just been a year since the divestiture was announced, not made. 

And Virgin nor Delta made any announcements for the gate space until February or March, there were much bigger fish to catch with the DCA and LGA slots.  Which DL received none of either.

Reactions: 4 people
it is true that Virgin was not awarded the gate until well into 2014 but it was in late 2013 when the DOJ and AA mgmt. both said that gates would have to be divested from a number of airports including DAL.

Feel free to find the DL press release but I am certain that DL announced its intended schedule well before the date you mention.

NO, my rap is not bad because I don't get a few facts which you and others want to focus on.

DL's access to DAL has been in play for well over a year since late 2013. There have been a chorus of people who argued that DL would not be at DAL, they weren't a new entrant or low cost carrier or any other of the conditions which they seemed to think was the only condition which people on here didn't want to hear.

DL still has the 3rd largest number of seats at DCA after AA and WN and has more than enough slots (equal to the size of pmAA's slot portfolio) that they could add far more seats if they wanted to - predominantly by upgrading small regional jets.

DL is the largest slot holder and has the most seats at LGA; no one realistically expected DL would get anything there.

my "rap" is bad because I have tenaciously argued for a position which has actually been exactly what has taken place - that DL would remain at DAL.

So, feel free like many other people on here to try to find any reason possible to argue against my position - but as with case after case that has been discussed on here, the point I have argued is precisely the one that has come to past - no matter how uncomfortable it is for you and others to hear.

I'm curious when you and others will be willing to admit that you were wrong and I was right on DAL access or will we still be debating this issue 20 years from now - with one date after another on the horizon for DL's imminent departure from DAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts