City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
LD3 said:
who's in?
I wish all would ignore. With zero responses, he will either slink back under the bridge, or just write massive missives to fulfill his narcissism, while nobody pays attention.

Reactions: 4 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
I wish all would ignore. With zero responses, he will either slink back under the bridge, or just write massive missives to fulfill his narcissism, while nobody pays attention.
Yep. Let him be this guy for a while:

judgement-day-300x200.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
First, let's deal wiht the business issues.
This thread has been going on for months and the subject for well over a year.
Despite predictions to the contrary, DL is still at DAL and there is no indication that is going to change.
We can debate new entrant or leases but I submiteed and will continue to do so that DL knows it has the right to be at DAL and if all of the other parties that have repeatedly told DL they could not be at DAL were right, then DL would have been gone a long time ago.
DL's interest in serving DAL was to remain the dominant carrier from the D/FW area - both airports - to its key hubs of ATL, DTW, and MSP - as well as to grow into other key markeets. DL has proven with its strategy in other multi-airport cities including NYC, CHI, LAX and HOU/IAH that it is the dominant carrier from each of those metros to DL hubs, even where those cities are hubs for other carriers. DL's principle wiht DAL was the same. DL has and will achieve that goal at DAL/DFW to ATL. WN has not started DTW or MSP because they know full well what DL's goals are - which are not much different from what WN does - and WN is happy to find other markets to grow from DAL rather than risk legal action from DL.

I have NEVER said that DL would take legal action at DAL WITHOUT CONDITION. I have alsways said IF including whether DL would be able to stay at DAL. DL has taken no legal action because it is still at DAL. I have never said they would take legal action IF they remained at DAL.
DL also wanted to grow its DAL/DFW presence with new DAL service to LAX and LGA but did not achieve that goal because of gate space. However, DL's addition of DFW-LAX flights means DL is flying over 50% of the additional seats it proposed in its first proposed DAL schedule, which NO ONE has challenged as illegal. It is petty and 3rd grade to argue that DL's proposed schedules and sales on it were illegal when not a single authority has challenged what DL did.
Second, it is apparent once again that there are many people here who cannot recognize that DAL is and always will be a divisive subject. AA had every intention of doing exactly what DL is now doing and gave up its gates ONLY as part of the merger which they valued more highly, even with the LGA, DCA, and other slot and gate divestitures.
There are clearly some people who have proven they will argue with anyone just for the sake or arguing and trying to make someone else look bad. It is a pity that they cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas.
Everyone on this board has strong loyalties to one cause or another. That is quite alright. Resorting to assassinating someon's character because they present an idea which is not compatible with one's own is the height of immaturity.
I am more than happy if AA itself proves me wrong by WN succeeding wildly at DAL with no effect on AA, by AA turning the Pacific around, by slaughtering the competition in Latin America and/or succeeding despite them. and on and one with other issues including labor pay rates and merger integration.
If DL employees choose unions, I offer DL employees my blessing.

that doesn't mean I and others on this forum don't have beliefs about topics on this forum and shouldn't be allowed AND invited to express them.

This forum has been a caustic cesspool of name calling for far too long. It is time for some serious maturity and respect for differences to take up residence here in 2015.

I have spent time in the cesspool and I apologize to those I have PERSONALLY offended. I do not apologize for talking about business issues that are not to some people's liking.
I will continue to stay focused on the subjects at hand.
DL will be at DAL for months to come.

WorldTraveler said:
First, let's deal wiht the business issues.
This thread has been going on for months and the subject for well over a year.
Despite predictions to the contrary, DL is still at DAL and there is no indication that is going to change.
We can debate new entrant or leases but I submiteed and will continue to do so that DL knows it has the right to be at DAL and if all of the other parties that have repeatedly told DL they could not be at DAL were right, then DL would have been gone a long time ago.
DL's interest in serving DAL was to remain the dominant carrier from the D/FW area - both airports - to its key hubs of ATL, DTW, and MSP - as well as to grow into other key markeets. DL has proven with its strategy in other multi-airport cities including NYC, CHI, LAX and HOU/IAH that it is the dominant carrier from each of those metros to DL hubs, even where those cities are hubs for other carriers. DL's principle wiht DAL was the same. DL has and will achieve that goal at DAL/DFW to ATL. WN has not started DTW or MSP because they know full well what DL's goals are - which are not much different from what WN does - and WN is happy to find other markets to grow from DAL rather than risk legal action from DL.

I have NEVER said that DL would take legal action at DAL WITHOUT CONDITION. I have alsways said IF including whether DL would be able to stay at DAL. DL has taken no legal action because it is still at DAL. I have never said they would take legal action IF they remained at DAL.
DL also wanted to grow its DAL/DFW presence with new DAL service to LAX and LGA but did not achieve that goal because of gate space. However, DL's addition of DFW-LAX flights means DL is flying over 50% of the additional seats it proposed in its first proposed DAL schedule, which NO ONE has challenged as illegal. It is petty and 3rd grade to argue that DL's proposed schedules and sales on it were illegal when not a single authority has challenged what DL did.
Second, it is apparent once again that there are many people here who cannot recognize that DAL is and always will be a divisive subject. AA had every intention of doing exactly what DL is now doing and gave up its gates ONLY as part of the merger which they valued more highly, even with the LGA, DCA, and other slot and gate divestitures.
There are clearly some people who have proven they will argue with anyone just for the sake or arguing and trying to make someone else look bad. It is a pity that they cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas.
Everyone on this board has strong loyalties to one cause or another. That is quite alright. Resorting to assassinating someon's character because they present an idea which is not compatible with one's own is the height of immaturity.
I am more than happy if AA itself proves me wrong by WN succeeding wildly at DAL with no effect on AA, by AA turning the Pacific around, by slaughtering the competition in Latin America and/or succeeding despite them. and on and one with other issues including labor pay rates and merger integration.
If DL employees choose unions, I offer DL employees my blessing.

that doesn't mean I and others on this forum don't have beliefs about topics on this forum and shouldn't be allowed AND invited to express them.

This forum has been a caustic cesspool of name calling for far too long. It is time for some serious maturity and respect for differences to take up residence here in 2015.

I have spent time in the cesspool and I apologize to those I have PERSONALLY offended. I do not apologize for talking about business issues that are not to some people's liking.
I will continue to stay focused on the subjects at hand.
DL will be at DAL for months to come.
WRONG again there skippy.  Prove me wrong like I have told you to do and you will not because you cannot.  Keep repeating everything junior.  You are wrong.  If you think you are soooo right then prove me and others out here that we were wrong.  Just because you post over and over and over again that you are right doesn't mean squat.  You should have taken your time out to research the forum and then you would see who is correct,  duhhhhh...

Reactions: 5 people
swamt said:
WRONG again there skippy.  Prove me wrong like I have told you to do and you will not because you cannot.  Keep repeating everything junior.  You are wrong.  If you think you are soooo right then prove me and others out here that we were wrong.  Just because you post over and over and over again that you are right doesn't mean squat.  You should have taken your time out to research the forum and then you would see who is correct,  duhhhhh...
Just. Stop. Responding.

Reactions: 3 people
perhaps you missed it in your thin-skinned, never ending attempts to prove yourself right and someone else wrong.

let me repeat ONE MORE TIME.

I don't care if I am wrong or you are right.

I do care about the business issues that are being discussed.

if you don't think that you said that DL would be out of DAL, then I accept that.

Move on. I could care less what you think.

What I have repeatedly said is that DL would achieve its strategic objectives at DAL. They have ensured that they have service into their core hubs of ATL, DTW, MSP, and SLC if anyone serves those airports from DAL.

DL has more flights from ATL to DAL than WN but WN has more seats.

There are no other competitors serving or who have announced service to DTW, MSP, or SLC from DAL.

DL added DFW-LAX which was one of the routes that is served from DAL and which DL wanted to serve. DL has not expanded its LGA schedule.

Combined, ATL-DAL and DFW-LAX represent more than half of the seats that DL intended to add from DAL.

Grow up and let go of your childish, swamt.

Reactions: 1 person
And SWA will grow even more on these flights by replacing older equipment with newer and more seats in the future.  This is one of the ways SWA is growing at DAL LF without adding extra flights.  The added flights will come on a as needed basis, once the added seats are full then SWA will start adding flights as needed.  SWA will now be able to focus even more on growth at DAL as the AT merger is a done deal and all synergies will now be reaped in all of 2015...

Reactions: 2 people
I have said for months that WN would use the largest aircraft to maximize seats.

I have always said that WN would do very well at DAL. There is no debate on that.

I have also said that DL would be at DAL. And they will be

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts