CLT ground stops

LD3

Veteran
Oct 16, 2003
CLT
Visit site
Sat morning there was a ground stop issued for wx (low ceilings)after that xld, there was one issued at 09:35lcl for(gate space), after that ground stop was lifted another ground stop was issued at 10:10lcl for (at airlne request)

Ground Stop to [ CLT ], in effect for arriving traffic due to [ WEATHER/ LOW CEILINGS ].
Ground Stop to [ CLT ], in effect for arriving traffic due to [ GATE SPACE ].
Ground Stop to [ CLT ], in effect for arriving traffic due to [ AIRLINE REQUEST ].

Wouldn't the 2nd and 3rd grd stop impact all the airlines operating in CLT or can a ground stop be specific to one airline?

all airlines can impose self ground stops to airports. we can coordinate with atc and impose a ground stop on ourselves ...this is what happened on satuday ..
i work in dispatch in case your wondering
have a good day .

nowon said:
all airlines can impose self ground stops to airports. we can coordinate with atc and impose a ground stop on ourselves ...this is what happened on satuday ..
i work in dispatch in case your wondering
have a good day .
Welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around as we could use your info.

Now just wait until tomorrow am (Tu) & possibly We.

Harry

Reactions: 1 person
weather seems to have pushed out of dallas ..just some light drizzle now..It pushed East. Here in Puit we are expecting about 2-4 inches ..hey im off the next 4 days , gona be full on turkey and not move from the couch . Have a Good Thanksgiving everyone !!!

Reactions: 2 people
nowon said:
 sorry for the small font

Yeah..be kind to any of us with "old man eyes" here! Seriously though; just wanting to say thanks for all that you and your compadres in dispatch do for us on a regular basis. You might not hear it often enough, but your work doesn't go unappreciated in the cockpit. Now then; if you guys can just finally get around to decently controlling the weather and being able to magically lift fog/etc...just sayin'... :)

Piedmont1984 said:
I'm not looking forward to my 3 day trip. First leg to DFW tonight.

It never got bad in DFW last night or today.  There is some ice on the trees and bushes, but it never got cold enough to do anything to the roads.  Things are fine here right now.

hey its fun working with you guys ..im working on that weather now...I dont like the fog and thunderstroms either . Hopefully we will have a good winter . Im stuck in pit for now ..9 months of clouds . Im one of the few that wouldnt mind heading to Dallas . Hey ya got to make the best of it .Have a good one