Clt-ord

fly_guy

Aug 24, 2005
Okay here is my question. I am transfering to ORD on the united side of our operations. I own a house in CLT and would have to commute to ORD out of CLT. Does anyone know if I will have trouble getting to work ? Also how do the travel bennies work with United? I have Airways bennies right now and will most likely keep them as my company will still be flying for Airways through AWA. I think anyone can figure out who I work for because there is only one express that flys for AWA. And I know how people feel about the company I work for as most of the time I feel the same way. But I try and make the best of things. But anyways any help on the questions I asked would be great.

BTW it will be nice to ware the United uniform as I am so tired of the Airways one.

Thanks in advance for any help...

I've been commuting my entire career...from Atlanta to several bases.

It's not a lot of fun but, beats moving everytime you change a base/company, which is often in today's environment!

Between CLT and ORD shouldn't be two difficult. Two big hubs with lots of service.

But I suggest you get a SKY GUIDE (or something similiar) through American Express.

It comes out monthly, has all the flight's, on all the airlines, to all the US destinations and some international.

It's about $80.00 a year, but if it gets you home on a holiday by going through RIC, it's worth every penny.

Just my two cents and good luck with the commute!

I fly the ORD/CLT RT alot. We usually have plenty of open seats and CASS should be up and running at any time (waiting for FAA approval). Shouldn't have much trouble except for weather and ATC. UAL has lots of RT's and I think AA does too.

I have a Palm Pilot and download the schedules from AA, UA and US for free. It is a really helpful tool. Good luck on your commute.

As long as you keep flying bennies on both, you have tons of possibilities. Not just the UA/US nonstops in the market, but ANY of the CLT- point - ORD routes available. There are probably tons of choices on any given day (excluding holiday periods when even podunk is full).
ie IND/LEX/SDF/STL/MCI/RIC/PIT/GSO/ORF/CMH/DTW/DAY , etc....

Latest posts

Back