Combined Operations Center

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
They are supposed to be announcing where they will locate the new center in the next few weeks. It would be exciting if they did it during the earnings report.

Has anyone heard anything about how the company feels about each offer? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just curious as to what might be going on.

This whole Delta thing is getting on my nerves. I wish they would fix the internal issues first, for it to even have a chance. Not only are we not ready for another merger, we're going after an airline that wants nothing to do with US Airways.

They are supposed to be announcing where they will locate the new center in the next few weeks. It would be exciting if they did it during the earnings report.

Has anyone heard anything about how the company feels about each offer? I know this is a long shot, but I'm just curious as to what might be going on.

This whole Delta thing is getting on my nerves. I wish they would fix the internal issues first, for it to even have a chance. Not only are we not ready for another merger, we're going after an airline that wants nothing to do with US Airways.

They've probably already made their decision, but I doubt they will announce anything until the Delta situation moves off top-dead-center. Combining/moving the ops center will be very expensive, and why do it if it is going to end up in Atlanta (where they probably already have the room and facilities to absorb the US/AW operation)?

US Airways increases offer to rival - Carrier to delay a decision on where to place a new flight-operations control center

"Delta has a fairly new facility (in Atlanta), but it's not large enough to handle the combined carrier," said Allegheny County Airport Authority Executive Director Kent George.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

US Airways increases offer to rival - Carrier to delay a decision on where to place a new flight-operations control center
Ah.. darn.. missed the part about the delay today. I noticed something in that article.

"Delta responded in a statement that it has "significant concerns" about US Airways' offer, including higher debt levels that would result, but that it would review the bid out of fiduciary duty."

I wasn't quite clear about the exact definition of fiduciary duy, so I looked it up.

"A fiduciary duty is the highest standard of care imposed at either equity or law. A fiduciary is expected to be extremely loyal to the person to whom they owe the duty (the "principal"): they must not put their personal interests before the duty, and must not profit from their position as a fiduciary, unless the principal consents. The fiduciary relationship is highlighted by good faith, loyalty and trust."

It looks like Delta won't just snub off the merger proposal, but looks like they will fulfill their legal obligation to review the potential impact of it. To be honest, I'm scared to death right now.

Back