Combined Travel Rules

Subject: Update on Travel Privileges

Summary

We’ve already done a good amount of work to align our travel programs. Everyone has the same dress code, our policies on employees’ college-aged children’s travel sync up, and employee fares on myIDTravel are zeroed out. Today, we’re sharing what the non-rev travel program for American will look like going forward, and are working toward the best non-rev policy in the business.

Bear in mind that we’re implementing changes over time. Effective Saturday, Jan. 4, several adjustments will go into effect, including free, fee-waived Coach travel system-wide on both airlines, changes to pass travel for parents and registered companions and more. And on Jan. 7, employees will be eligible for a 20 percent discount on positive space tickets on both airlines.

Changes to boarding priority and other items are being announced today, but will not go into effect until later this year or in some cases, until we have a single Passenger Service System (PSS).

What’s Changing Now?

· Free Coach travel – Legacy American Airlines employees and eligible travelers traveling across the American network will now fly for free, with the fee waived in Coach on all International and Domestic flights with no service requirements, just like legacy US Airways employees do today. As announced in December, employees and eligible travelers will continue to have the fee waived for travel across the network on both legacy American Airlines and legacy US Airways flights using myIDTravel. (This excludes applicable government taxes and fees.)

· Unlimited travel for parents and your registered guest/companion – There is no limit on travel for parents and your registered guest/companion – a new privilege for legacy American Airlines employees. In addition, there are no longer fees in Coach for registered companions (excluding any applicable government taxes and fees).

· Buddy (D3) passes – Each year, all active employees will receive 16 one-way buddy (D3) passes and retirees will receive 8 one-way buddy (D3) passes. Until we are on a single reservation system, those passes can only be used on your legacy carrier.

· Retiree travel privileges – Eligibility requirements for lifetime non-revenue, space available retiree travel for employees and eligible family members will be based on a 65-point plan. To qualify, you must separate from employment on or after Dec. 9, 2013 with a minimum of 10 years of active service, and your age plus years of service must equal or exceed 65. This new retiree program eligibility only applies to the travel program.

· Minimum age for First Class travel – The minimum age for First Class travel is now 6 years old for all non-rev and pass travel.

What’s Changing Jan. 7?
· Discounts on positive space personal travel – Effective Jan. 7, employees, retirees, and eligible travelers can book confirmed tickets for personal travel on any flight operated by both legacy carriers and their affiliates at a 20 percent discount off most published fares.

What’s Changing Later this Year?
· Admirals Club/US Airways Club Access – This spring, employees will be able to purchase an annual Admirals Clubs pass, with reciprocal access to US Airways Clubs. Certain restrictions may apply (we’ll need to make sure employees aren’t in uniform in the clubs so that it’s not confusing to customers) and we’ll share full details soon.

· Boarding Priority – Sometime this summer, we’ll align our boarding priority process. At that time, boarding priority will be determined by time of check-in, and proceed as follows:
§ D1 (vacation passes)

§ D2 (employees and eligible travelers)

§ D2R (retirees, including TWA, and eligible travelers)

§ D2P (parents)

§ D3 (buddy passes)

§ AAC (active non-owned affiliate airline personnel)

§ ONE (oneworld personal travel)

§ D4 (OAL company business travel)

§ ZED (routine interline personal travel)

Until further notice, however, boarding priority will continue as outlined in the interim travel program.

· Eligible travelers including spouse/domestic partner, eligible children, and registered guests/companions are able to board at the employee’s or retiree’s boarding priority if traveling D2 or D2R, regardless of whether or not they’re traveling with the employee/retiree; parents travel at D2P if alone, and at the same priority as the employee/retiree if traveling together; buddy passengers will board as D3 priority regardless of whether or not they are flying with the employee.

· Fees for travel in premium cabins will also be aligned. We’ll share more details on these changes and exact timing in the coming months.

What’s Changing Once We Have a Single PSS?
· Eventually we’ll have a fully combined program and travel system for all employees to check flight loads, make flight listings, and check in for flights once we have a single Passenger Service System (PSS). For now, though, you will continue to use either Travel US (US Airways) or the Non-Rev Travel Planner (American) to book flights on your legacy carrier, and myIDTravel to book travel across the network if you’re booking a flight on your non-legacy carrier.

· Our combined system will also include harmonized vacation (D1) passes and buddy (D3) passes that can be used across our entire network. For now, vacation passes and guest passes can only be used on your legacy carrier.

· Active employees and eligible travelers will receive six D1 vacation priority passes per eligible traveler each year to use when they want across the network, and retirees and their eligible travelers will receive four D1 vacation

Reactions: 2 people
So for US Employees the changes are checkin time, milage based upgrade fees, guest pass traveling with employee not at the employees priority (that is a pretty big downgrade), Club access when non reving, if you buy the anual pass (a great bene for non hub folks).

Question..How do you guys handle multiple non revs showing up to gate prior to an agent arriving? It seems you would have all of these non revs with no idea of who was first to arrive for checkin...Am i missing something?

I'm kinda bummed out with the change from DOH to FCFS, but it will take me about 20 seconds to get over it and learn how to give myself the best chance of getting onboard under the new system....and I can't believe it, I am actually going to benefit from not living in a hub city....wow.

Overall I'm happy primarily because it's as free a program as I could expect.  I'll give it a B+.

Yes when you check in for your first leg either online or at the ticket counter that's your time for the test of the day. If you check in at 6 am that morning that's your check in time for all legs that day

usfliboi said:
Question..How do you guys handle multiple non revs showing up to gate prior to an agent arriving? It seems you would have all of these non revs with no idea of who was first to arrive for checkin...Am i missing something?
90% of initial check in is done online or at a Kiosk.  Speaking for myself, most of my work with an agent is just to roll over from one flight to another.

Reactions: 1 person
usfliboi said:
You checking online up to 24 hours in advance. Not confusing at all. If they are a non employee, then the employee checks them in. Super easy and no problems at the airport or gate. If for some reason the employee didn't check them in, they can do it themselves at the counter or the self service machines. Again no one should be bum rushing the agents at the gates.
Also noticed that TWA retires got a nice jump up the list as well. Good for them. They used to be right after D3's.

Bogey said:
Subject: Update on Travel Privileges.

· Buddy (D3) passes – Each year, all active employees will receive 16 one-way buddy (D3) passes and retirees will receive 8 one-way buddy (D3) passes. Until we are on a single reservation system, those passes can only be used on your legacy carrier.

So,  that means we are losing 8 one way (currently AA gets 24 one way) D3 passes.