Comcast to buy Time Warner for $44 Billion

No Delta will buy the assets and become the greatest company in Cable TV and control the world!

And they dont get the assets they will sue!

Reactions: 1 person
you know we joke about this but it will be interesting to see if the DOJ want to get their dirty hands on this.(not likely)
Where are the consumer advocates whining about prices?

I'll be curious as well. I'd also be interested in knowing how many markets still only have 1 option total.

As for prices, there's some pushback, but not nearly enough. I'd also like the idea of ala carte pricing to make a comeback...

Not for nothing, here's what it looks like when a community takes ownership of cable/internet/etc.

http://www.chattanoogagig.com/

Kevin, where I live the town with two others participating bought the cable franchise and it has lost money now for 5 years straight and they lagged behind in services for several years.

the ironic thing is at the town meetings every citizen talked against the purchase and the elected board and mayor bought it any how and the towns have had to throw extra money too the system because of all the financial short falls.

where I am TWC has had it cornered for years exactly where I live you can't get cable,even though a mile or so away it's everywhere.No fuss has been raised so far and I don't any will start now.
I use Dish myself, if you can live without NFL sunday ticket customer service is much better than Direct imo

Kevin, they patterned themselves after a company on TN.

No one wanted them to do it, but they did anyhow, and I guess that's what we get when the elected officials, the mayor who was republican casted the deciding vote.

The mayor was voted out in the next election because of the cable purchase as we're a few commissioners

Well Three Democrats voted no, three Republicans voted yes and the Mayor who was Republican voted yes.

And I put that in my post as I knew you would comment, lol!

:lol: