Company Lies Again

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
When the company handed the IAM the farmout letter it said they would only farmout 10 planes, planes 11 and 12 will ferry to BFM tomorrow for S-checks.

And they think we will trust them!

Link is the farmout letter

http://www.iam141m.org/10062003Ford.Letter.pdf

Lies lies and more lies from US Airways.

700UW:

This is just the beginning of the "painful" experience. I understand it's going to get worse since the IAM will not participate in the "Transformation Plan."

Meanwhile, the IAM may still have a choice, then maybe not...

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• A320.jpg
    A320.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 88
Again with the "make a deal with the devil...or else" bit. You don't "understand" anything regarding "it's about to get worse..." Roosters don't soothsay sunrises. It WAS, IS, ALWAYS WILL BE "going to to get worse" since day 1 with the helmsmen here. Was, is, will be, "the plan".

The irrelelevance of your prediction notwithstanding, the question still begs:

Why make a deal with those who have, and are, breaking present deals?

If you're ( figuratively ) dead already ( and have made plans factoring in same ), you have no fear..............

I see you have your own Transformation Plan:

It is now a "Painful" transformation plan and not clause?

You amaze me, once the Arbitor rules in our favor I hope you have a big enough appetite to eat your words.

You are sounding desperate!

USA320Pilot said:
What choice does the IAM have? I beleive the options were "let us farm out the work", and "let us farm out the work".I dont beleive there were any other options. The company doesnt want the IAM to do it cheaper. They dont want the IAM to do it at all. Its not about the money, it about the power. If the IAM loses, they lose most of thier bargaining power.

Its so obvious, even an airbus pilot could understand. :eek: :p :D
Just kidding...

USA320,

Given your stance on this issue, you wouldn't mind if Mesa pilots flew your 1st leg in the morning would you...??

SL

Please leave our fine Captain alone. We all know by now, its the ME ME ME stance by this group that has helped us get to where we are today. Thanks Again Captain for your continued support.

Hope777 said:
Please leave our fine Captain alone. We all know by now, its the ME ME ME stance by this group that has helped us get to where we are today. Thanks Again Captain for your continued support.
Exactly! That's why the co. goes after alpa first. It's always the easiest pickings.

How can you thoughtfully make an agreement with anyone who has wilfully broken past agreements?

crazyincanton said:
Exactly! That's why the co. goes after alpa first. It's always the easiest pickings.
Its amazing what money will make people do.

Correct me if I am wrong, but... A highly specialized, $150,000 or so job is kinda hard to come by in a industry in a downturn.

Sure, you could go work for Southwest or JetBlue, but do they pay $150,000?

I can see the rational for dealing with the devil.

RWerksman said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but... A highly specialized, $150,000 or so job is kinda hard to come by in a industry in a downturn.
I agree to a point but, ;)

Everyone knows that once the airline industry starts back up...Labor cost will be at 1990's levels. Now, if thats happeneds in 2005 or even 2006 or even 2007; what other industry enjoys wages based on 1990's standards..???

Factor in the cost of living and your back into the 1980's. The hard cold facts are even if you stay with the company, your wages will be pre 1990's for a very long time to come. :(

SL

I never really hear of other businesses or industry asking for concessions like we do. I know of several people who work with Dupont, GE, Shell Chemical and they may have wage freezes for a period of time, but not pay cuts. Does anyone know any differently????

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

This is just the beginning of the "painful" experience. I understand it's going to get worse since the IAM will not participate in the "Transformation Plan."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Have you considered where, say, a BOS/LGA based Bus pilot might find him/herself if the company sells the boeings (to "pain" the IAM) and replaces half of the mainline fleet with E-jets based on the great payrates AAA ALPA managed to get at MAA?

It'll will be ugly for more than just the IAM. I realize that so long as the top %51 of the ALPA list is happy that everything is kosher. Could be interesting for those in junior domiciles.

What I find amazing is the he actually enjoys the contract violations that the company is pulling on the IAM, he is a sick and demented person who would probably throw his own mother under the bus as long as it is not him.

He is a warped individual.