Company Match

Actually, it's not.

Take off the blinders, dude!

No blinders. I think if I’m right you’re batting for one of the Major League teams aren’t you?

Aren’t you earning even more than that highest 10%?

B3699709-0602-42E6-8F7F-B0EA915D8A10.png

Hate to say it but WeAAsles is right. You are way over even the top 10 percent.

49-3011 Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
10% $17.32
25%
$23.41
50% $29.34
75%
$36.48
90% $44.27 X 2080 = $92081.60

It’s not? Are you serious? I always thought we were Capitalists here in America?

So what am I missing then?

Benefits.

As you are well aware, and point out incessantly, I make enough damn money!

But you know, money can't buy you everything!!

Benefits.

As you are well aware, and point out incessantly, I make enough damn money!

But you know, money can't buy you everything!!

Excuse me? I’ve NEVER said you make “enough” damn money. You should always go for as much as you can get. That’s Capitalism 101.

I’m just pointing out sometimes that you guys don’t have it as bad as you try to sell it on here (Particularly “Bad Salesman” 1AA)

BTW our Benefits aren’t too bad either unless we want to cherry pick always looking for better.

Compared to the majority out there we have better Medical Benefits then the average, the 401k Match is better than the average and we fly for free. Hell we even still fly for free when we retire.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/120315/what-good-401k-match.asp

Yea we don’t have all of it back yet (some gaping holes) but we know it’s eventually going to come.

Excuse me? I’ve NEVER said you make “enough” damn money. You should always go for as much as you can get. That’s Capitalism 101.

I’m just pointing out sometimes that you guys don’t have it as bad as you try to sell it on here (Particularly “Bad Salesman” 1AA)

BTW our Benefits aren’t too bad either unless we want to cherry pick always looking for better.

Compared to the majority out there we have better Medical Benefits then the average, the 401k Match is better than the average and we fly for free. Hell we even still fly for free when we retire.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/120315/what-good-401k-match.asp

Yea we don’t have all of it back yet (some gaping holes) but we know it’s eventually going to come.

Great, another link for you to prove your point. Twist it how you like.

Certain benefits suck, but yes we are above average with the ones we have left!

Great, another link for you to prove your point. Twist it how you like.

Certain benefits suck, but yes we are above average with the ones we have left!

Well if you tie it all up in a pretty little bow you do know I’m sure that with your pay and benefits you got it better than over 90% of the people employed in your profession.

I couldn’t imagine that just doesn’t give you the old warm and fuzzies when you go to sleep at night under your Goose Down Comforter.

TWU? (At least a little credit there)

Let it go you pathetic bag smasher …………...worry about your own!!!

I don’t smash bags. Smashing bags would make me sweat and I already sweat enough where I live. Oh no I treat those bags as gentle as a newborn little Babe.

You see I also realize I’m in that top over 10% for my profession too. And it makes me sleep just so soundly at night (8 to 10 hours every night)

TWU? (Yea they get credit from me)

you got it better than over 90% of the people employed in your profession.

What do you consider my profession. A major airline aircraft maintenance technician, or just a guy with an A&P license?

Apples to apples, or apples to all fruit?

Reactions: 1AA
What do you consider my profession. A major airline aircraft maintenance technician, or just a guy with an A&P license?

Apples to apples, or apples to all fruit?

A highly skilled major airline aircraft maintenance technician and professional actually.

I’m sure that you long ago “earned” what you are compensated and then some.

Reactions: Rogallo
Pretty sickening to read that and then see what American did to keep their contribution while making more in a year than they used to make in 10 years. I guess their lawyers were sharper than the TWU's.

Pretty sickening that the representative hired let it happen so easily to the membership

Not in Maintenance either Rogs. 75 years and counting for TWU/ and IAM.

Oh and you keep sucking on that Union teat yourself man. It’s looking pretty good for you from here.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/installatio...onics-equipment-mechanics-and-technicians.htm

You keep posting this generic government overview of Aircraft Mechanics wages etc.. Narrow the field to heavy aircraft operators, United, Delta, Southwest, UPS, Fed Ex, even Alaska,and then you may have a more accurate survey. Why would we include small FBO AMTs wages and benefits, or a repairman at an MRO? Now the company may like to try that angle, nobody else buys it though.

You keep posting this generic government overview of Aircraft Mechanics wages etc.. Narrow the field to heavy aircraft operators, United, Delta, Southwest, UPS, Fed Ex, even Alaska,and then you may have a more accurate survey. Why would we include small FBO AMTs wages and benefits, or a repairman at an MRO? Now the company may like to try that angle, nobody else buys it though.

Oh give me a break Vort. You didn’t step in to this gig as any first round draft pick college superstar. You filled out an application and either knew someone or hit the jackpot Lucky and got picked.

Hey maybe Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezzo’s Private Jet AMT’s make more than you too. Why don’t you compare yourself to them too while you’re at it?