Company Match

I didn't say "Bag Smasher" in my post. Weasles took the low road with his lame charts, and backhanded insults. I simply refuted his assertions, and pointed out the irony of one statements with the Burger King example. I harbor no personal animus towards any other work groups. So, before you play the victim card, please consider these facts.

The only reason you consider the BLS “Bureau of Labor Statistics” (US Government data) charts and information to be lame is because it argues against your narrative that you are undercompensated and have it so bad vs your peers in the same line of work.

Do you really think the Company doesn’t look at all at those same charts? C’mon man stop kidding yourself.

Now YES they also do look at what your peers are being compensated at Delta, United and Southwest (They don’t look at UPS and FedEx) They ALSO look at how many AMT’s are in house by comparison too.

I NEVER said you should earn the average of what those BLS numbers say. You’re just afraid that’s what I’m saying so you’re reacting in defense. All I’ve ever said is you don’t have it as bad as you try to sell it here.

Now how will you spin any of this as I’m insulting you next? (Maybe you’re insulted a little too easily snowflake?)

You keep posting this generic government overview of Aircraft Mechanics wages etc.. Narrow the field to heavy aircraft operators, United, Delta, Southwest, UPS, Fed Ex, even Alaska,and then you may have a more accurate survey. Why would we include small FBO AMTs wages and benefits, or a repairman at an MRO? Now the company may like to try that angle, nobody else buys it though.
This is what you get when fleet service is negotiating for Aircraft Maintenance in a fleet service union.

This is what you get when fleet service is negotiating for Aircraft Maintenance in a fleet service union.

Fake news from our Forums board “Bad Salesman”

BTW how’s AMP going these days?

Is this what happens with every topic?
The company prefunding match is the topic.
The TWU back in 1992 a fleet service union negotiated the agreement I posted. The same fleet service union allowed it to be tied up in the BK. Even though it was clearly spelled out that a fifth grader can comprehend it's exact meaning. How a fellow fleet service member can not stand behind its own unions leadership on this important agreement when it was written is beyond me. How the TWU allowed it in the first place for the agreement to be voided is a disgraceful act of unionism.
I know of some AMT'S that came into the program at a later age and have accumulated a large amount of money from the company match. I'm looking at figures above $10,000 and more. Most of the guys already retired and are hopeful that some day before they die the union will act like a union and fight to maintain the agreement and get us all our company match back. Unfortunately this is not going to happen anytime soon or maybe not at all. If there is no money involved for the union coffers then it's not a priority. Anyone who defends the loss of company match is a union stooge with an agenda looking for a position in the union.

The TWU back in 1992 a fleet service union negotiated the agreement I posted. The same fleet service union allowed it to be tied up in the BK. Even though it was clearly spelled out that a fifth grader can comprehend it's exact meaning. How a fellow fleet service member can not stand behind its own unions leadership on this important agreement when it was written is beyond me. How the TWU allowed it in the first place for the agreement to be voided is a disgraceful act of unionism.
I know of some AMT'S that came into the program at a later age and have accumulated a large amount of money from the company match. I'm looking at figures above $10,000 and more. Most of the guys already retired and are hopeful that some day before they die the union will act like a union and fight to maintain the agreement and get us all our company match back. Unfortunately this is not going to happen anytime soon or maybe not at all. If there is no money involved for the union coffers then it's not a priority. Anyone who defends the loss of company match is a union stooge with an agenda looking for a position in the union.

Since writing it all out for you obviously doesn’t sink in, let’s try this video instead.

This is what happened not too long ago.

Thanks again for the information. I figured somewhere between $8000-$9000. It would be a nice surprise one day before I’m gone from this earth but again I’m definitely not counting on it. It just seems from the agreement such an easy win for the twu. One other question, we always heard that the funds were held in individual accounts, was that true and is that still the case?

Thanks again for the information. I figured somewhere between $8000-$9000. It would be a nice surprise one day before I’m gone from this earth but again I’m definitely not counting on it. It just seems from the agreement such an easy win for the twu. One other question, we always heard that the funds were held in individual accounts, was that true and is that still the case?

The money was not held in any individual accounts but was supposed to be held in a trust fund. During the Flight Attendant Arbitration on the issue the Company admitted that they hadn’t been funding the Match portion into the trust. So whatever is in there will likely be exhausted fast as the trust is currently being used by retirees who got out before the Bankruptcy.

There still is an amount earmarked in our individual names but I doubt anyone who is no longer with AA will ever see a dime of that amount? Let the other guy tell you what you might want to hear but that’s the truth.

The only thing maybe those of us who are still on the clock can hope for us an agreement that gives us back that value in Medical Benefits? I doubt any of us will see cash either.

The only reason you consider the BLS “Bureau of Labor Statistics” (US Government data) charts and information to be lame is because it argues against your narrative that you are undercompensated and have it so bad vs your peers in the same line of work.

Do you really think the Company doesn’t look at all at those same charts? C’mon man stop kidding yourself.

Now YES they also do look at what your peers are being compensated at Delta, United and Southwest (They don’t look at UPS and FedEx) They ALSO look at how many AMT’s are in house by comparison too.

I NEVER said you should earn the average of what those BLS numbers say. You’re just afraid that’s what I’m saying so you’re reacting in defense. All I’ve ever said is you don’t have it as bad as you try to sell it here.

Now how will you spin any of this as I’m insulting you next? (Maybe you’re insulted a little too easily snowflake?)

I will stick with my assertion about your BLS chart. They may look at the charts, but have yet to include them as a selling point in a contract offer. Let them compare actual AMTs headcount - not the "and relateds" - not our concern. AMTs are done accepting less to justify headcount. Last I checked, there is no charitable contribution tax write off for accepting less pay and benefits - so the union can maintain a higher dues payer headcount..

Your welcome.

I will stick with my assertion about your BLS chart. They may look at the charts, but have yet to include them as a selling point in a contract offer. Let them compare actual AMTs headcount - not the "and relateds" - not our concern. AMTs are done accepting less to justify headcount. Last I checked, there is no charitable contribution tax write off for accepting less pay and benefits - so the union can maintain a higher dues payer headcount..

# 1: It’s not MY BLS chart. I don’t work for the Federal Government.

#2: I doubt they ever would include them and I wouldn’t accept it if they tried to either. There are many reasons you should earn a Premium against the BLS facts.

#3: I didn’t see anything in those figures that mentioned “And Related” but those groups deserve at least the same compensation you get (Facilities and Automotive)

#4: The rest sounds like a soapbox speech. When you get a TA you will have “ONE” vote. That vote for whatever reason you decide to make it is your choice. Yes or No.

BTW the “And Related” ARE your concerns because they are part of your Class and Craft as recognized by the NMB. And we’re ALL each other’s concerns because the Association is not going to accept one group getting a TA while the others continue on waiting. And I already know how you all feel about that so I don’t need to read it again to death. :)

About the same as our craft union AMFA going into year 7, trying to get us a contract that can pass.
Nice try with your spin. AMP is not negotiating for us. The non elected dysfunctional Association is. AMFA is your union. Seven years? Sorry it's been that long. We are right behind you with the Association. Merry Christmas.

Nice try with your spin. AMP is not negotiating for us. The non elected dysfunctional Association is. AMFA is your union. Seven years? Sorry it's been that long. We are right behind you with the Association. Merry Christmas.

AMP doesn’t exist. Still nothing on file with the DOL.