Court approves new TWU agreements (M&R and stores)

and I hope that over the coming weeks, months and years, we can forge a new basis for mutual respect and trust, and a new beginning.”

Is this guy for real we get arse raped with concessions for the last 9 years another six on its way and this guy wants mutual respect and trust. I got three words for ya buddy gfy

We live in a Capitalist society where there is a dollar figure attached to everything considered of value. Clearly we can see what AA mangement thinks of us by the deal they pushed upon us as they exploited the Bankruptcy scam. Three out of four in Tulsa felt that the offer was an accurate reflection of the value they offered, three out of four throughout the rest of the system did not. The majority of the people who make the day to day operation run are dissatisfied. Telling us that if we dont like it we should leave wont change that. Telling us to forget the past is fine, if they intend to treat us better in the future but we can see how they plan to treat us for at least the next six years-and it aint good. Management feels we are worth $20,000 less than our peers at UAL, around $50,000 less than our pers at UPS. They feel we dont deserve comparable pay, comparable Benefits, comparable Vacation, comparable Holidays or even comparable Sick or IOD time. We shouldnt dissapoint them, we should do our best to give them exactly what they are paying for. They got what they wanted, now, just like us, they have to live with it.

Reactions: 1 person
How about this. http://www.newson6.c... The very next day American begs for 210 million dollars to upgrade the Tulsa facility. No money for us. They tell us our labor costs are too high. Outsourcing to save money. This is a slap in the face to all the hard working union men and woman of Tulsa. You guys in Tulsa still trust the twu? We can't trust the company. Sign a AMFA card and let's try to stop the bleeding. We can not have the twu to continue giving jobs and benefits away at an alarming rate. It's like a garage sale. Sign a card now. Let's get it done.
Hmmmmm.........build a test cell for 2 new engine types??? That wouldn't be the Trent and RB211 would it???

Hmmmmm.........build a test cell for 2 new engine types??? That wouldn't be the Trent and RB211 would it???

Sure isn't for the A319/A321 engines. But you could be right, maybe TAESL will eventually move to TUL..This way they can still keep the "T" in TAESL!

Sure isn't for the A319/A321 engines. But you could be right, maybe TAESL will eventually move to TUL..This way they can still keep the "T" in TAESL!

Doesn't TWU not consider TAESL outsourcing since they also "represent" workers there? That's awful that your collective bargaining agent facilitates and supports action. Didn't Jim Little say he'd "fight like hell"? You guys are closer to this than me but I haven't seen any fighting it seems the international is more interested in rationalizing the concessions and facilitating the company.

Josh

Doesn't TWU not consider TAESL outsourcing since they also "represent" workers there? That's awful that your collective bargaining agent facilitates and supports action. Didn't Jim Little say he'd "fight like hell"? You guys are closer to this than me but I haven't seen any fighting it seems the international is more interested in rationalizing the concessions and facilitating the company.

Josh

Why fight when you got 4.8%?

Yes I'm sure the purpose is supposedly the Scarebus and Dreamliner engines but a larger test cell could accomodate the Trent and RB211 as well. The facility lease costs are hard to beat in Oklahoma and yeah, think of the cost savings on signage and letterheads.